Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou
Hotels.com
$115
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
The Garden Hotel Guangzhou(Guangzhou)
$209
  • Breakfast included
$62
$52
1,742 results
All reviewshorizon clubsummer palacechi spacanton fairexhibition centrethe pearltrade showriver viewindoor pooltrade fairbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetbusiness triplate checklobby barrooms are spaciousshuttle bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Clean and comfortable for business stay. convenience for going to the Pazhou exhibition hall. Very safe and nice view of the Zhujiang river. Near to Guangzhou south high speed rail station about twenty minutes drive by taxi. wlking distance to the metro station.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
SLPGPR, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear amosaris91,

Thank you for sharing your compliments on your recent business stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou. It is our pleasure to make sure your stay was comfortable and delightful as well. If you have enjoyed the tranquility of the Pearl River, I would like to recommend you taking a walk in our 5,800 sqm garden for your next visit. It is my all time favorite area of the hotel, where you can always find sanctuary in the city. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Beautiful hotel, world class. Great position if you are going the Canton trade fairs. Top class is top dollar which is to be expected in a 5star hotel in China. Rooms are great,we upgraded to one overlooking the river at a very minimal price. Breakfast has anything your heart desires. Staff have all been great. We are english speaking and there is definitely a language barrier, but they are all very helpful. Hotel is a 20 to 30 mins away from shopping areas, but taxi costs are very inexpensive. The outside pool was not open when we were here, so that is my only disappointment

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
SLPGPR, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear ssshelley,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou. I am glad to hear that you have had a delightful stay with us. Summer is approaching and our outdoor swimming pool will be opened on April 12 until the end of November from 7am to 9pm! We shall await your return to enjoy all that our urban resort has to offer in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I only had the pleasure to stay one night at the Shangri-La hotel, and what a hotel; like a breath of fresh air in comparison to the one I had stayed at in Qingdao for the previous 3 weeks. The room was excellent and very clean and the breakfast choice excellent but what made the whole experience special was the service, especially from the assistant director of food and beverage, Philip Gantner who's attention to detail, attentiveness and general good humour was greatly appreciated. Thank you Philip. My only criticism was the high bar prices, otherwise it ticked all the boxes.

Review collected in partnership with Shangri La Hotels

Dear Richard I I,

Thank you for choosing the Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou for your recent business stay. We are all delighted to know that you have had a great experience with our services and facilities. I will personally pass on your compliments to my colleague, Philipp and I am sure this is motivating for us all to continue our Asian hospitality from the heart. Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I enjoyed this hotel a lot. It has such a nice feel to it. The music and smell in the lobby are very nice and make a relaxing mood.
The staff helped me with questions about the city in a efficient manner.

The rooms are not as impressive, as the furniture seems a bit old. But nothing to complain about.

I had dinner at 3 of the restaurants. The Summer Palace has great Chinese food and service was very good. I also enjoyed Tepanyaki at the Japanese restaurant. Our experience at Il Forno wasn't as good. Service was awful, we had to wait very long for drinks and to be able to order and pay.

Location is great for visiting the Fair, but other than that there is nothing much around it. There is a metro station withing walking distance.

Dear AnnaNLCH,

Thank you for sharing your comments of your recent business travel at the Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou. I am glad to see that our hotel environment has provided a sanctuary in the city for you. We would like to share with you that, there is a free hotel shuttle bus service available bringing you to other areas of the city for your convenience. Concerning your dining experience at il Forno, I do apologize for not meeting your expectations. It would be great if you could contact me directly at communications.slpg@shangri-la.com with more details for our investigation and further improvements. We look forward to your future visit and I will personally make sure it will be a delightful stay for you.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

If you have the chance don't check in at night time and be sure that they guarantee all the right service that you deserve for this type of hotel and all the right information. Il forno very good food

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
SLPGPR, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear vralmi,

I am most concerned to read your comments. So that I can understand and ensure we take the appropriate action, I would be much obliged if you could contact me directly at slpg@shangri-la.com. Rest assured your feedback has my personal attention.