Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou
    • Restaurant
    Very Good 4/5
    Great 4.5/5
    1,742 results
    All reviewshorizon clubsummer palacechi spacanton fairexhibition centrethe pearltrade showriver viewindoor pooltrade fairbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetbusiness triplate checklobby barrooms are spaciousshuttle bus
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed March 29, 2014

I only had the pleasure to stay one night at the Shangri-La hotel, and what a hotel; like a breath of fresh air in comparison to the one I had stayed at in Qingdao for the previous 3 weeks. The room was excellent and very clean and the breakfast choice excellent but what made the whole experience special was the service, especially from the assistant director of food and beverage, Philip Gantner who's attention to detail, attentiveness and general good humour was greatly appreciated. Thank you Philip. My only criticism was the high bar prices, otherwise it ticked all the boxes.

Review collected in partnership with Shangri La Hotels
    SLPGPR, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Richard I I,

Thank you for choosing the Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou for your recent business stay. We are all delighted to know that you have had a great experience with our services and facilities. I will personally pass on your compliments to my colleague, Philipp and I am sure this is motivating for us all to continue our Asian hospitality from the heart. Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I enjoyed this hotel a lot. It has such a nice feel to it. The music and smell in the lobby are very nice and make a relaxing mood.
    The staff helped me with questions about the city in a efficient manner.

The rooms are not as impressive, as the furniture seems a bit old. But nothing to complain about.

I had dinner at 3 of the restaurants. The Summer Palace has great Chinese food and service was very good. I also enjoyed Tepanyaki at the Japanese restaurant. Our experience at Il Forno wasn't as good. Service was awful, we had to wait very long for drinks and to be able to order and pay.

Location is great for visiting the Fair, but other than that there is nothing much around it. There is a metro station withing walking distance.

Dear AnnaNLCH,

Thank you for sharing your comments of your recent business travel at the Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou. I am glad to see that our hotel environment has provided a sanctuary in the city for you. We would like to share with you that, there is a free hotel shuttle bus service available bringing you to other areas of the city for your convenience. Concerning your dining experience at il Forno, I do apologize for not meeting your expectations. It would be great if you could contact me directly at communications.slpg@shangri-la.com with more details for our investigation and further improvements. We look forward to your future visit and I will personally make sure it will be a delightful stay for you.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

If you have the chance don't check in at night time and be sure that they guarantee all the right service that you deserve for this type of hotel and all the right information. Il forno very good food

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
    SLPGPR, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear vralmi,

I am most concerned to read your comments. So that I can understand and ensure we take the appropriate action, I would be much obliged if you could contact me directly at slpg@shangri-la.com. Rest assured your feedback has my personal attention.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Cant even begin to say enough about this hotel. From the moment we pulled up to the gate it was 5 star quality and service. For business or pleasure I certainly cannot suggest this hotel strongly enough and It is very conveniently located next to the Exhibition Center (5 minute walk). From the airport its about a 45 minute cab or limo ride which cost me about 170 RMB. so about $35 bucks. Staff were excellent as was the breakfast and 2 restaurants that i visited located within the hotel. 30metre indoor pool, sauna and spa were also awesome. Thanks

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear James R,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou! I am glad we were able to deliver an excellent experience during your stay. As the only urban resort in the hustling city, we provide an ideal place of warm comfort for both business and leisure travelers. During your next stay, I would recommend you also try our other three award winning restaurants as well as further explore the city with our complimentary shuttle bus service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at The Shangri-La for one night after having been dissapointed at The Westin close by. What a major difference! Its like comparing a one star hotel to a five star hotel. The service is impeccable and faultless. The rooms are nice, plush and very well maintained. The beds are very comfortable with very nice duvet. Air conditioning is stable and housekeeping stocks a very good humidifier if you find the weather too dry! Housekeeping does a very good job to keep you pleased. In general, the staff has very good english skills and a very strong service mind. Together this makes Shangri-La a true luxury hotel.

We also had lunch at the Chinese restaurant and the quality of the food served is spectacular. Staffs are very attentive and informative about the menu unlike other restaurants in the other hotel.

Overall, if you are doing business in the Pazhou area or attending an exhibition, staying at The Shangri-la will surely keeps you refreshed and perfectly relaxed for the next day not like some other bad western chain hotel nearby!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
    1  Thank lxhipster
    SLPGPR, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear lxhipster,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou for your recent business stay. We are glad that our services and facilities were to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our unique "urban resort" for business, conference or leisure in the near future.