Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$131
Travelocity$145
Orbitz.com$145
eDreams$131
13,442 results
All reviews horizon club ribs chi spa canton fair indoor pool wonderful stay business trip wu lounge
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Shangrila Guangzhou is one of the BEST Hotels I have ever stayed in. Sure, the food is great, the room clean, the location a walking distance from the trade fair, but what makes this Shangrila Guangzhou  EXCELLENT is their SERVICE. Their service is sincere,  they go out of their way to  make us feel at home and for a weary business traveller, it makes home a little less far. Their team from the HOrizon Club is examplary, Maggie Huang, James Jiang, Nicholas and Raphael Mai, Thank you!!! Alan Jiang  and Fanny from the lobby bears mentioning too!  Although I have been trying out quite a few boutique hotels when I can, for their personalized service,  we still stay in chain hotels for their security and convenience in certain cities.   My stay in Shangrila Gungzhou has made me realized that staying in staying in Shangrila, I can have the service of boutique hotels and the convenient ammenities of a large chain hotel.

Room tip: Stay in the Horizon Floor
Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is located next to the convention center, it is perfect if you are attending any fairs, you can walk to the convention. the food at the food at the buffet is amazing, i was having dinner and they were passing lobsters that was a super nice touch. the furniture in the rooms looks a bit outdated and if you are not staying the executive floor the room amenities are cheap. but otherwise the loaction is great and i would suggest this hotel if you are attending the canton fair

Room tip: Good location to go to the fair but far away from downtown!!!
Date of stay: March 2012
1  Thank tom b
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Even though my stay was for only one night, this hotel still sets my standard for what a first class hotel should be like. From the spectacular lobby and bar area to the understated rosewood elegance of the guest rooms and common areas, this hotel needs to be stayed in to be believed. Despite the lateness of our check-in hour, the service was top-notch, and the morning buffet breakfast was just fantastic, a combination of eastern and western fare that must be seen (and tasted) to be fully appreciated. Our stay was much too short.

Add everything to the fact that this property is right next to the Guangzhou Convention Centre and the Pearl River, and this hotel is centrally located for both business and tourist travelers. The photos on the hotel web site say it all.

This was my first and only (so far) visit to a Shangri-La property, but if this is any indication of the type of accommodations they offer, it definitely will not be the last! I hope to update this review someday in the future with another visit to the Guangzhou Shangri-La.

Room tip: Ask for a higher floor to get the best room views.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our stay at Shangri La was more than we expected... We have checked other hotels in Guangzhou and none of them had the extra facilities like this hotel has!! The outdoor Garden, the golf area, the children's playroom ,Swing area, the tennis court , the outdoor pool for children...btw, the Spa was amazing!! :) My kids were entertained all the time!! The area is very clean and hygiene.. I also want to recommend the restaurants in the hotel.. I was amazed with the food quality...We tried the Thai and Japanese restaurant...and it was excellent..I brought my friends and everyone enjoyed it! The staff were friendly and helful. We will definitely stay at the Shangri La on our next visit to Guangzhou...

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ana W
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The professional support of Shangri-La is exactly what is needed on a busy business trip. The excellent wireless system throughout the hotel is a good development. The standards of care and service are very high. It was noticable that the extent of choice in the Horizon Club is more restricted than before- but some new innovations have also occurred - it certainly can't be said the choice is inadequate in any sense. Another outstanding experience.

Date of stay: October 2012