Spent 3 nights in this hotel while on a business trip to Guangzhou. It's a nice hotel to come back to after a crazy day out in mind boggling Guangzhou.
- Good reception & door staff, all English speaking. Check-in was fast & professional.
- Room & bathroom is modern, comfortable & clean (a big relief from the buzz & dust of the outside).
- Free wifi.
- Good range of TV channels (50+).
- Fantastic buffet breakfast spread which gives us a great start to our day, full range from hot to cold, western to eastern.
- Good location: opposite Guangzhou Eastern Railway Station (which is convenient for those needing trains to move around), Starbucks is here too as well as some other international fast food chains (some staff speak good English here)
- 100m to Guangzhou's IKEA store which is great for IKEA fans (can request for English speaking staff here too).
- poorly patronised F&B outlets (except for breakfast), so take that as a sign to go elsewhere. Dinner in the Chinese restaurant was measly and very expensive. Service was slow although we were the only diners there.
- Bed is a bit too hard, pillows are too soft.
- Shower has weak water pressure.
- Only 1 universal power outlet at desk which is hardly sufficient so bring an adaptor.
- Bedroom's light switches are inconvenient to use.
- Back facing rooms overlook a massive construction site which may be ongoing for many years, so request front facing rooms.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Jianguo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jianguo Hotel Guangzhou