“One day was not enough!”

Haizhu Wholesale Market
Ranked #78 of 704 things to do in Guangzhou
Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“One day was not enough!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This(One Link International Plaza) is not the place for clothes or bags. That aside, it's THE place to buy anything else! From phone accessories to costume jewellery to home decor stuff to LED lightings. My friends and I went crazy at the cheap prizes. It would be good to go with several friends because then you can benefit from the bulk purchase. Although you generally need to buy 5 or more items in order to enjoy the wholesale prices, most of the shops don't insist you must buy 5 or more of the SAME item. As there were 4 of us, we usually had no trouble meeting the minimum number of items required (whether 5 or 6 or even 10, depending on the shop). And the wholesale prices can be as low as 40% of the non-wholesale price! We had barely covered 2 floors by the time they closed at 6pm, as we only arrived there at around 12noon. So a word of advice : If you can spare only 1 day to go there, go EARLY because they close by 6pm.

Visited February 2014
9 Thank AZLee

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“No frills place..”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Yide Lu or Road, is a great place to shop. Wholesale market for almost everything.

If you are attracted to advertising, glittering signboards, nice walkways like in a shopping mall, then this is not the place for you,

Those who love to haggle, this is the place.

One day is not enough to cover this area.

6 Thank Long M
Pune
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Just awesome place to shop”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had a wonderful time shopping for my daughter at Haizu and on YideLu street. This place is bustling with tons of shops with varities of home decor, clothes, stationary. I freaked out buying tons of types of hairpins, hairbands and other girl's accesseries. My chinese friend found me crazy going gaga over shopping on this street. This place is amazing if you are looking for some huge quantities of stuff. Again, being an Indian helped since I had no problems in hassling for price. I bargained for everything and got dam good deals for gifts for friends and relatives back home. Its fun to see them show you an amount on a calculator and you say no and enter in your amount and they will do the same with another amount - this to and fro goes on till either of us say ok good to go :) Oh how I loved this place! I can travel from India to this place only to shop !!

9 Thank VLimaye
Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Haizhu square only for home appliances”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Haizhu square was a terrible experience for my friends and I. We went there with hopes of buying clothes, however, we only found a road filled with vendors selling home appliances (showerheads, mannequins, doors, tables etc) and accessories (hairclips, hairties, makeup etc). There were plenty of vendors selling Christmas decorations, accessories in Haizhu Square (One link, etc) but there is only so much of Christmas decorations and accessories one can buy, and every store was more or less selling the same thing. Do not go to Haizhu square when it's raining, there was barely any shelter and the grounds were extremely dirty, littered with cupboard boxes. Overall, it was a pretty bad shopping experience for us, coupled with the rain and the cold. And bathroom facilities were pretty poor, the toilets were unwashed and dodgy looking (but it's about the same everywhere in China), do remember to bring your own toilet paper if you intend to go to the toilets there as they do not provide any!

I only recommend Haizhu Wholesale Market if you're looking for accessories or buying home appliances.

9 Thank beat92
Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Onelink, Yide Lu, Haizhu square”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

You may see my review under "One link Plaza" for shopping there.

Yide Lu is the long straight road from Haizhu square metro and stretch to the far end before Qingping/Shangxiajiu street. I only managed to walk abt 20min from start til end of the Yide Road.
At the building at the junction before One link (walking from the Metro B2 exit), there are various stalls selling earrings and hair accessories. Tell them you are buying 10pieces and price can be reduce as much as 1/3 of original quoted.
At the street next to One link, you have a number of shops selling 1. paper plates/cups/forks/spoon etc, 2. Nuts like cashew, almond, etc.
Further down 7mins walk is the famous "Stone Church"

Diagonally opposite have a wholesale dried seafood centre selling mushrooms, dried crocodile meat, sea cucumber,etc .
Next to it is a wholesale stationery place where I bought stickers and stationery for kids n frens.

Haizhu square/Yide Lu is a place for people who like "street" shopping mainly non aircon and need to do some bargaining. Lots of cyclists around carrying goods so do watch out for them.

Visited November 2013