“Easy place to be for several hours” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 703 things to do in Guangzhou
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This the largest zoo in South China with over 2,000 animals including the giant panda.
Massachusetts
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Easy place to be for several hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Attended with my wife and 5-year-old. I have been to a lot of zoos, and this one is above average. It is clean and well priced, although like all zoos in China you will find extra fees inside the zoo to see certain animals or enter specific areas.

The goldfish area is a bit odd, but my kid loved it. So that's that. We also caught a Chinese acrobat-family show that was very entertaining.

Overall, this zoo is much easier to get to than the others in the area. And, because of it's price, cleanliness, and wide variety of animals, it gets a "very good" rating from me.

1 Thank kcemail2001

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Pandas were lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Children will enjoy this zoo , it has a special part for baby animal .
It's clean area and you can shop your favorit animal doll.
You can find the water park next to it.

Hong Kong, China
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Fabulous place to visit with or without children.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Visited Guangzhou Zoo in December 2011 with my partner / fiancé. We both had a fantastic time and took plenty of pictures. Whether your visiting the zoo with or without children you'll be sure to have a tremendous time.

Visited December 2011
North Port, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Hard to be positive.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I am no animal rights activist, but this was hard to witness. I am a fairly even keeled and positive reviewer, so to sum it up - we made the best of the park, but we did not stay very long. I tried to make the best of the situation with the kids so that we could make the most of the visit, but it was a challenge. And most of the problem I had was with the other people visiting the park. Some of the zoo itself was ok and nice, but some of the conditions for the animals were deplorable and then people were throwing things at the animals to get their attention or to get a reaction, and even though all of the signs said do not feed or pester the animals that is just what they did. I think that is what aggrivated me the most. Yes, some of the animals were in areas with algea filled water and there wasn't much "habitat" except dirt and some hay they threw down, but not all was negative. We were able to feed the giraffs with some branches of leaves sold by the zookeepers, and see the panda being fed which was cool. There was a wide variety of birds there which was pretty neat and they did have some small carnival type rides and some nice ponds with fountains, but we cut the visit short. It was a holiday, so there was a large number of people there, and it might not be so bad with fewer people. The disrespect and behavior of the people really bothered me. All I could think about was that video in the news several years ago when those guys got mauled by that tiger after the crowd was harrassing them. Hence, we did not stay more than about 1.5 hours and walked swiftly........

Hong Kong
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An old zoon in a convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

With the admission fee RMB 20 only and easily accessed by metro, me and my husband spent about 2hrs for a quick visit to the zoo. Since this zoo has been built for quite some time, you can see the facilities and stuff are quite old. But not a bad option if you are tired of the busy city life. One tip from me is DON'T purchase the so-called 'package admission', because they just don't worth it.