“business trip”

Ranked #3 of 3,408 Hotels in Guangzhou
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“business trip”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The customer service was outstanding, the best I have had anywhere! This is a beautiful hotel in a superb location,and other superb shopping nearby. It is easy to walk to lots of other places from here such as the opera house , It's a bustling area so noisy outside but we slept well in our beautifully decorated room, This has really comfortable beds with top quality down duvets . The bathroom was luxurious with marble fittings. i had a booking problem when i arrived, Andreas and Juliana solved it in less then 5 mins . the staff treated me with kindness and courtesy throughout my stay.Jessica.Amanda. What a fabulous experience in the Japanese restaurant, and very reasonable prices for the beautifully prepared food and friendly service. I would like to extend our thanks to all of the staff at W. especially Peter,for helping to make my stay in Guangzhou special. This hotel's strength is in that it manages to retain an air of grandeur but without the snooty service that so frequently goes with top hotels. It is pricey but you get what you pay for! I cannot speak too highly of this superb hotel and hope to return next year! roger

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WGuangzhou, Hotel Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello rougej2014,

Thanks for your amazing review regarding your recent stay at W Guangzhou.
We are delighted to hear that you like our hotel, and my entire team were making their effort to made your stay satisfied. Most important of all your stay was memorable, this means a lot! We really appreciate your positive feedback, and we can't wait to see you again on your return at W Guangzhou.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My first visit to China and Guangzhou. Before travelling I made contact with Andreas F&B manager at the W Hotel. He guided me through all the details about the W Hotel, rooms, restaurants, the gym and so on and so forth. He also arranged with transport from the airport, top service!
Arriving at the hotel I thought this is more stunning then expected, very fresh and cool.
Checking in no problems and the rooms absolutely top class.
Andreas gave me "the full tour" and showed me all the facilities and introduced me to Peter the General Manager and Martin the Director of Welcome and some of the key staff. They where all very proffesional and helpful all the time, many thanks!
Breakfast was top notch serwing up fresh fruits, "grilled" serials, asian food, eggs exactly the way you want it and latte, green tea and all kinds of fantastic juices, food heaven! Nice lounging and friendly staff in the lobby-bar area every day....WOW!

Room Tip: My advise is to drop an email to Peter, Martin or Andreas to guide you through the options. I staye...
Hello Arve Christian L,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are happy that we managed to made your first trip to China and Guangzhou very impressive. I would like to also thank you for your kind words on my team. I will certainly thank them personally and share your comments with my entire team.
Once again, thank you and I hope to see you soon at W Guangzhou.

Bastad, Sweden
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights in this hotel during our stay in Guangzhou visiting our supplier. I'm giving an overall rating of 5 to this 5 star Hotel considering to be one of Guangzhous top 3. We got to know a few staff members very well because of the good service provided to us. Whatever whenever talks for it self and whether I wanted some ice cubes to my room or a suggestion of a good restaurant nearby, they helped me with a smile on their faces.
The breakfast was very appealing with a wide range of good and different food. We only had time for the Japanese restaurant at the hotel and the Teppanyaki was one of the best I've ever tasted!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants simple things taken care of and only worry about their own business's!
Thanks again for a warm and pleasent stay, we will definatly meet again soon and thanks to this experience I'm now a member of SPG, just waiting to add more hotels within Starwood to my history of trips.
Best regards/ Christopher

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jeansson_
Hello Jeansson_,

Thank you for your recent staying at W Guangzhou and your kind words to us. We are very happy to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations. I have shared your message with the team as a great reminder of what we do best! We hope to welcome you back soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This latest W Hotel is ultra modern. Love the touch screens tech, and the great design functionality from the room lights, to the bathroom, to the closet. Every detail is thought of...It seemed like all the clumsiness and awkwardness of rooms past have been corrected. The service was very good, but with a few quirks. As it is China, the training still needs help, but it is well on its way to excellence. The breakfast buffet was amazing. I could have spent at least 1 hour eating and reading. Great way to start the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello aelysium,

Thanks for your recent stay at W Guangzhou.

I’m happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience. Thanks for your great words on our breakfast venue, it’s great to hear that the ambiance and food has started your day on a great way.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 13, 2014

It takes me a while to write this review but somehow I think I should voice out my opinion. I am a loyal customer of SPG Group and I had great experience before. To be short, the receptionist was slow and impolite. It took half an hour for the staff to deliver the dental kit to our room, which I guess it will even be longer if we didn't call the second time. Then the morning buffet, I have ordered noodles, the cook didn't do it even I have come up for the third time. Just shortly after my stay, my friend went there and shared with me that he couldn't sleep with the heater on as the air circulation was so bad that it made him suffocated.

I did work and stay at Guangzhou hotel frequently before, I used to staying at 4 Points DongPu Guangzhou, which is under SPG Group as well. I had pleasant experience there. I came with a high expectation, but the quality of service at W Hotel Guangzhou really disappointed me.

I understand the hotel was just opened half year during my stay and the staff were not well trained. The facility and every detail inside the hotel still impress me. Hopefully the management can sort these out to keep the image of the brand.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jody C
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Jody C,

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your feedback of your recent experience with us.

It was disappointing to read that we did not meet your expectations and we’re falling short in our service delivery. Certainly the concerns you noted do not meet with the expectations for the W brand or when our guests choose to escape and stay with us. Please be assured that I have shared your words with the relevant department heads to arrange the necessary changes in our operation and to arrange additional training sessions to perfect our services.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences and I hope that you haven’t lost faith in W hotels and you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

We look forward to welcome you again on your return!

Bali
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at the W in GZ and I have to admit that W designers are getting over the top.
is a pleasure just to look around and enjoy the great job they are doing.

rooms are impeccable, except for the lights switches , quite modern , complicated to use and impossible to read at night when u don't have ur glasses on.

rest all great, great!

service in general very good, except for the pick up when the airport rep joined us in the same car, chatting the whole time with his colleague driver. not the way other 5 star hotels do. the airport rep should take a taxi back to the hotel and not joined the ride, even more when there is not pre checking, or info given or any interaction at all.

decent food, nothing spectacular though.

1 Thank surferbali
Hello surferbali,

We’re thrilled to know you love the design of W Guangzhou, but it was disappointing to read that our Airport pick-up did not meet your expectations. Your valuable comment has been addressed and we have already implemented the necessary actions in our service delivery.
We look forward to welcome you again at W Guangzhou!

Warm Regards,

Guangzhou, China
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Not only the room is great but the whole attention is incredible, the lobby has this ambience that tskes your mind out of work and gives this relax that money cant buy its an amazing experinece to stay at this hotel i dont think ill change ever from this hotel ...its just wonderful

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank simon c
WGuangzhou, General Manager at W Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hello simon c,
Thank you for the wonderful review of your W Guangzhou experience. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind words with my team and we look forward to your next stay with us!