“Fantastic Must Try!!”

La Marina Restaurant Bar
Ranked #49 of 7,186 Restaurants in Guangzhou
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Marina Restaurant & Bar is the only Mussel bar in Guangzhou. Our Mussels are "Fresh and healthy" imported from France. Feel yourself as if you are eating near the beach with our unique dining experience...Eat our home-made high quality and affordable price dishes made by our Great chef from France. Lebanese cuisine has been added in the menu for those who love Lebanese authentic dishes. Come, Taste and never forget!
Monaco
“Fantastic Must Try!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

When we first walked in to the restaurant, we were greeted by a welcoming team and an extraordinarily delicious scent. We were seated immediately and we loved the decor of the place, very well thought and highly pleasing to the eye. I opted for the signature mussels and salmon dish.
The food was beyond delicious (we all loved the french fries) and the service was impeccable, each staff member being really attentive, and the owner came by to say hello. We thoroughly enjoyed the La Marina Restaurant Bar experience and if we lived in Guangzhou this would be our regular dining spot, and would definitely consider to entertain clients as well. Absolutely phenomenal, the food, the service and unforgettable ambiance, highly recommended!! Well done LA MARINA!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank LifeStyle-Guru
bsevag, Owner at La Marina Restaurant Bar, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear LifeStyle-Guru,

Thank you for your genuine review.
Me and my team are really happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant quality, service and athmosphere.
The Experience you had in our restaurant is unique since we are the only mussel bar in Guangzhou serving French mussels.
We are waiting for you to come back soon.

Best Regards,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai
“I hope they just opened....”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went for Dinner. Easy to find, nice location. Ordered Mussles for starter and Sole with Potato for main with a very nice and fluent-in-english lady. After 20min I got my main from another waiter. I asked about the starter, unfortunately he didnt speak english. I asked 3x in different ways about my starter, the mussles. Then he said "oh, mussles no have, meyo...". I thought OK, why not and started. The Sole was wonderful. Tender, wih a great Coriander-Garlic Sauce, lovely! 3-4min later another waiter came with my Mussles. I asked if thats a Joke!?! No english. I asked if that wasnt supposed to be the starter, as ordered and stated in the menu. "OK Sir, sorry..." He left. I finished my Fish and had Mussles for Dessert. Also lovely, on the spot, really tasty.
I saw the Manager walking around, talking to guests, asking if everything is OK. He didnt come to my table. The nice waitress from the beginning was sitting at a table chatting with the manager later on. I saw that they were aware of what happened but nobody came to ask, apologize etc. If you hire "low-profile" staff, teach them to speak english and about the "starter-main-dessert" way of eating in such places. OR DO IT YOURSELF!!! Really a shame, such nice food... But like that, they wont survive long since I saw 2 other guests leaving unsatisfied during my 1,5h there.

• Visited March 2013
bsevag, Owner at La Marina Restaurant Bar, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Sebastian_Schmitt,

First of all thank you for your review.
I appreciate that you gave the time to write a review concerning my restaurant and giving your sincere thoughts about the service, food and athmosphere.
As you mentionned clearly on your review, the food was wonderful and i'm sure you will love the other items on the menu when you decide to come next time.
We are currently training all the staff as most of them are new, so we appologize for any inconvenience caused during your dinner.
I truly believe that your experience concerning the service won't be repeated once again in our restaurant.
Me and my team are working very hard to provide the best service as well as good quality food for our customers.

Please contact me anytime on my mobile +86-13825109055
In case of any comments or suggestions and i will be glad to welcome you next time you visit my restaurant.

Best Regards,

Guangzhou, China
“Best Mussels Resto Bar in New Town, Guangzhou”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

One of the best blue Mussels i tried in my life... nice menu, delicious food , tasty cocktails and amazingly warm feeling decoration... i will definitely be back with my fiancée for another diner-au-chandelle ( prepared especially for the occasion ).

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Arwich
bsevag, Owner at La Marina Restaurant Bar, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Arwich,

Thank you very much for your review.
We always believe in quality food and a relax athmosphere for our customers who come to have dinner with their partners or companions.
Myself and my team are very happy that you enjoyed your moment in our restaurant.
We hope that you will come back soon to try our new dishes and deserts and since then, take good care of yourself and family.

Regards,

Guangzhou, China
“Fancy enough”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It is a generally small restaurant with good food. Its also beautiful by th way. The lamb is great , and the drinks are made by one of the best bar tenders in my experience.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Richard M
bsevag, Owner at La Marina Restaurant Bar, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you Richard for your review concerning La Marina. I'm very happy that you enjoyed the athmosphere in the restaurant as well as the food which is the most important for me and my team.
You are now part of our family, please let me know when you come back so we could have a drink together.

Enjoy,