“Oasis away from buzzling Guangzhou”
Review of Chez Max

Chez Max
Ranked #43 of 7,200 Restaurants in Guangzhou
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chez Max is the only Parisian Bistro opened by a genuine Parisian chef in Guangzhou preparing home-made dishes ! From the 7 hours - long braised lamb leg or the fried king prawns with Ricard sauce , passing by the crayfish bisque, seared Foie gras or tuna tartare, Chez Max will bring you back to Paris in a single dinner !Chez Max, A Parisian bistro in the heart of Guangzhou ! Desserts like creme brulee, chocolate fondant and Iced nougat also available !
Bangkok
“Oasis away from buzzling Guangzhou”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Once entered the restaurant, I felt like I was zapped to another planet away from busy and noisy city of Guangzhou. Nice interior, confortable seats. Very good background music. Good food overall but nothing gastronomical, ... but we did return the second day before our flight back home because of it's relaxing atmosphere. Drinkable and affordable wine list.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Siraveth

Aarhus, Danmark
“Absolute fantastic!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Welcome to France - welcome to Paris.. Really good tasty food, great friendly staff, cozy relaxing atmosphere. A perfect get away from the big city life. It's so nice - just do it.

• Visited April 2013
“A good spot not to be missed !!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well on my most recient visit to Guangzhou I was looking for a good French / European restaurant decided on Chez Max as usual I found it hard to find the area so decided to call into my favourite Irish bar the Paddy Fields to find Chez Max was almost next door !!! While having a couple of sundowners as you would I got the lowdown on Chez Max !! Run by a very good French Chief who had experience in Ireland and the 4 seasons in Guangzhou runs a very good place !! The food was great staff were very good the atmosphere was interesting !! Great if you were with the right person which I was !!! I will go back !! I don't mess with my opinions ! So give it a try !! Oh don't forget the Paddy Fields next door on the first floor the food is also greet as the patrons !!

• Visited February 2013
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Well guys, I am French myself and I always say that you can't eat good French food when you are not in France.... Well... I was wrong....this place is awesome, the food is very nice, even the chef comes out of his kitchen to chitchat with you, the music selection is very authentic (all the French repertory).... To say the truth I felt home for 2h... I highly recommend this place! Don't miss out on this amazing experience! (Thanks to my boyfriend who took me there :) )

Guangzhou, China
“Makes you forget you are in China...”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Most foreigners living in Guangzhou have lowered our standards when seeking out the occasional (or frequent) Western meal. However, Chez Max delivers a top-quality dining experience and food. I was again surprised we lived nearly 18months in Guangzhou without eating here before.

We will go back again sometime soon...

• Visited January 2013