Paco Business Hotel Guangzhou Ouzhuang Subway Station
Ranked #99 of 3,480 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed March 10, 2014

the furniture was nice nice rooms
but very small in sizes nothing like the pics
frej was not working tried to ask staff several times to help put nothing happened
breakfast was served in very old way had to go down every day to get the coupons !!! this was in the old days
all the food in the breakfast was chines had to buy breakfast from a shop near the hotel

Room Tip: if your going to sleep only then this is the hotel for you
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Paco Business Hotel Guangzhou Ouzhuang Subway Station

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is very clean, with very nice room furnishings. The price was nice. We will go back again. The staff there was very nice, except for the language barrier. But that is expected any where you travel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 18golden36
Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you have business in Guangzhou is an excellent location to stay. Very convenient with the metro. The environment is very poor, the facilities as the most Chinese building after some years look very bad, the ladies from the room service although they are very king they don't know how to clean the room... You should be very hungry and desperate if you have to eat at the restaurant. They should change the name for the breakfast, it's something else.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice modern comfortable rooms with big bathroom. Little touches like iPod charging dock, dressing gowns and toiletries provided.
I was happy with breakfast for the one morning I was there. Typical mix of different dishes you can expect in China. Close to subway but check the map first, it is on a main road Sth of station, with reception up a small side street. Wifi worked in room and free Internet use in lobby.
I had no problem with staff understanding me, found them quite helpful.
Would suggest a taxi from airport as no direct line. Though subway is useful for getting to the major areas. Get a map of Guangzhou from airport as not much info provide in English at hotel.
Not much of interest around the immediate area but good base for a one night stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Only good thing with this hotel is it the modern interior, quite refreshing. The rest is seriously disappointing:
1. Customer service is poor (english very limited): our room was stinking cigarette, so we asked for another room. we got nothing...
2. Breakfast limited to 6 dishes, all of them Chinese... and nothing fresh... really a big let down
3. careful, location of the hotel on Hotels' or Trip Advisor maps is wrong! We lost so much time trying to find the hotel, and of course calling the hotel was useless...
all in all a BIG let down, forget it...

Room Tip: Avoid 1st floor rooms... So noisy at night and morning you won't be able to sleep properly
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I booked this hotel through Booking.com with the impression this is a newly built hotel and looks good in the photos. This is my first time to Guangzhou and the beginning day I check in was already a mess at the reception. I had to wait for 2 hours before the room was clean because lack of manpower. Many guests have to wait for long time. Then a warm reminder was passed to me stated that no electric power the next day. That first night inside 707 room, water was dripping from the ceiling lights just beside the bed and that blew me off. I immediately request for another room but to no avail as the hotel was fully occupied. I did not sleep well at all and was supposed to stay for another day but I told the hotel staff - was enough to get tortured. There was no power from 8am until evening 6pm (see photo) how would your guest stay behind? I was looking to confront the hotel manager but reception mentioned he was not available at that time. Without second thought, I packed up my things. "Sorry for the inconvenience caused" was muttered by the hotel staff as I left the hotel.
While making this review, I am still looking for a refund from booking.com and the hotel to resolve my complaint. The hotel still owe me an answer for the unpleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Comlasa
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Contemporary design and it is very clean. We booked a double room but the customer service couldn't find our booking and ends up giving us a 2 beds room. All other hotels found our booking via the same site and method of booking though. There was no wi-fi in our room that night and no wi-fi in the lobby the next day due to technical issue.

About 10ft across from the local Nong Ling Xia elementary school. There was a fat kid biting the window bar looking out window and staring at us in the room. :)
Location in Ouzhuang is kind of far from the busy town. Each time has to by pass the most busy and packed of GuangZhou Railway subway stop.

Next time will not consider to stay at Ouzhuang area. However, if we ever come back to this town, might consider to stay at this hotel again as I like the cleanliness of this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family