“Really nice hotel with nice service”

The Garden Hotel Guangzhou
Ranked #11 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
Espoo, Finland
“Really nice hotel with nice service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Visited for first time Guangzhou, and we stayed in this hotel, for a super cheap company rate. I was amazed by the quality of the hotel, really beautiful decorations and upscale design. I cannot comment much on location, since we mostly drove out ot town every day, but it is right by a metro station, and with nice shops and restaurants around, we didn't try any of the hotel restaurants. Room was fairly small compared with other hotels, but given the rate we stayed at, I think it was more than fair, and there was enough space for everything. Breakfast was quite good, with omelettes etc. on request, and variation through the days. I only had a problem, the electric plug for the shaver in the bathroom didn't work, I informed about it before I left to work, and when I came back it was already fixed, so really good work. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Luar_LM
thegardenhotel, Director of Guest and Event Experience at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Raul L.,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review your recent stay with us.
Your comments are very valuable to us and will help us improve and maintain our offerings.
In regards to our rooms, we are offering several different categories with rooms of up to 192sqm in size.
I regret to hear that you had an issue with one of the plugs in your bathrooms, but fortunately our Engineering Team was able to resolve this issue prior to your return.
Once you are planning your next trip to Guangzhou and the Garden Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards.

Director of Guest and Event Experience
Jochen@thegardenhotel.com.cn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed a few nights here at the end of May and found everything to be absolutely fine. Very nice hotel in a good location, with the most extensive breakfast and lunch buffets I've ever seen. Staff were helpful and polite and I'd definitely come again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank StephenEMoss
thegardenhotel, Guest Services Department at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear StephenEMoss,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

Your comments will certainly be shared with all teams here at the hotel. I am delighted to hear that all aspects of a successful stay have been met.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you are planning your next visit to Guangzhou.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have lost count the number of times I have stayed at the Garden Hotel. Always immaculate, rooms are excellent. I would only rate the breakfast area and breakfast food a 3 out of 5 though. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris R
Dear Chris R,

Thank you for taking your time in reviewing your stays with us.

I’m glad to hear that all your experiences here at The Garden Hotel have been immaculate.In regards to the breakfast experience, I will inform our Operations Team to look into the matter.I’d be glad if you could share some more details with me, so we can work on items in order for us to improve.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is my third time staying there and i really love the service and the way they treat each guest. However the beds are in the tradition of the Asian custom of sleeping on mats on the floor and they are hard as a rock. to their credit, they do have another mattress pads that they brought up to my room and gave me more cushion but it was not like a american mattress.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank meyer b
thegardenhotel, Guest Services Department at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear meyer b,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear the comfort of the mattress didn’t meet your requirements.

In order for us to meet your needs during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.Our team and I will ensure a comfortable stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a very comfortable stay at the Garden Hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It was also very quiet which I appreciated so much after our long days. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We stayed over Easter weekend and had a little one with us. The hotel provided a full day of fun activities for children. We ate at one of the hotel's restaurants most evenings and the food was delicious and not overpriced. The buffet breakfast that is offered is outstanding. I would definitely stay at the Garden Hotel again if I ever have a chance to return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank semb1
Dear semb1,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.

I’m glad to hear that your stay over the Easter weekend was comfortable and had been enjoyed by your family. Our Easter Brunch offered fun for all with great arrangements.I’ll pass on your valuable comments to Operations Teams.

I sincerely hope you have another chance to return to Guangzhou and spend a few more nights at The Garden Hotel.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights on the recommendation of my colleague, but I don't think I will be returning. I had to move rooms as my first one smelt so strongly of smoke. Whilst the staff are very obliging, I can't help that feel this hotel may have lost some of the splendour it once had.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KirstMark
thegardenhotel, Guest Services Department at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear KristMark,

Thank you for your short but constructive review.

I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate you properly during your recent stay with us.In order to restore your faith in our hotel, please allow me to welcome you back to The Garden Hotel once you return to Guangzhou.

Please contact me personally and I will ensure a comfortable stay according to your requirements.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

When i get to this city, the staff whom from garden hotel and gave a warm smiling to me let me feel kindly.During the way to the hotel they will talk with me about the hotel .Then before i reach to the hotel i can get much information from them that's perfect.

About an hour later i reach to the hotel the wonderful lobby which makes me excited. Before then i hear about this lobby is the biggset hotel's lobby in Asia.I'm Looking around the lobby during i go to check in i can see so many stsffs will smile to me. During check in the receptionist is so care me.She asks me what view do i want ,smoking or not double or twin bed in room. That's great !!!. Then i said this is the frist time for me to here hope that will have amazing experience to me.She is so friendly to upgrade my room to the deluxe room .I'm so excited and hope to see the room right now.When i get to the room.Oh my god!!! That's the suite.I think this is never get it in deream. But now i get it.Taht's the amazing things what i can get in here--the garden hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pinkboykk
thegardenhotel, Guest Services Department at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear pinkboykk,

Thank you for your time in reviewing your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that every aspect of your stay is a memorable one and we were able to ensure a successful stay with us.

Your comments in regards to the attentiveness of our staff will greatly be shared with our Operations Teams.

Once again, thank you for your great review and please let me know once you are planning your next trip to Guangzhou as we’d like to make sure that your next stay will just be as memorable.

Best regards.