“Very nice hotel in convenient location”

The Garden Hotel Guangzhou
Ranked #14 of 3,522 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've been to this hotel 20 years while it was one of the only four 5-star hotel in Guangzhou. I revisited it in August and stayed there for 3 nights. Although this is an old hotel, it has been maintained very well. Room was clean and comfortable with a very good city view. The location is perfect. It is closed to both old portion of the city as well as other places like TianHe. Subway station is about100 meter from the hotel entrance. Taxi was always available. This is a hotel with good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gchen2328
thegardenhotel, Quality Assureance Office at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful experience during your recent stay at The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou!

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and was impressed with our location and hotel maintenance which made your stay memorable.

Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Email: QAOffice@thegardenhotel.com.cn

Write a ReviewReviews (2,595)

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Very good hotel at perfectlocation. It is literally the center of the town. Shopping nd dining options all around. Huge hotel with 1000+ rooms. The rooms are modern and newly renovated i guess. Huge lobby and wonderful spa. Enjoy it , recommended

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mehmet A
thegardenhotel, Quality Assurance Office at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and was impressed with our location, modern rooms, huge lobby and wonderful spa which made your stay memorable.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

After work I don,t like to use a taxi in China. Just very near by the Garden Hotel I can find good Restaurants and always got to meet new people.
I stay frequently at the Garden Hotel and will be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Luigi L
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and for your continuous loyalty to our hotel.

We were delighted to learn that our convenient location, may it be for business or leisure, has always given you everything you seek.

Yours Sincerely

Email:QAOffice@thegardenhotel.com.cn

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This opulent Garden Hotel in the center of Guangzhou is a wonderful place to stay if you are doing business in the city. The restaurants are excellent and cater to western tastes. We often ate in the coffee house on the ground floor. Their Norwegian salmon is delicious. The shops are a bit pricey, but you can find the latest fashions.

Room Tip: choose a room on one of the upper floors so it overloks the waterfall in the courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzanneandRick_10
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and was impressed with our wide selection of restaurants.

Your kind recommendation will serve as an added motivation to the team to continue to provide premium service that you have experienced. We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We booked 3 superior rooms for a total of 3 nights over a period of 5 days. Our first 2 nights of our stay at this hotel was mediocre and below average. All 3 rooms were dated and poorly cleaned. In fact the Housekeeper did a poor job in making up our rooms. My room also had an unpleasant odour and all 3 rooms bathroom scales were not working so we battled to weigh our luggage and one of the room's toilets was blocked. I was particularly disappointed as I had been informed that this hotel had been newly renovated but I could not see any improvements in the room. I was so disappointed that I completed the rating letter found in the room. I was honestly dreading coming back to this hotel as we were spending the night in another part of China and returning to this hotel. On check-out I gave the letter to Wilson and brought our concerns to his attention of which he had assured me that he would bring this to the attention of the General Manager and to the relevant departments. Wilson was genuine and sincerely listened to our concerns. On return to this hotel, we were warmly greeted and welcomed by Wilson who had confirmed that the matters had been brought to the attention of the General Manager and corrective measures had been taken to assist in improving their services. Our rooms were also upgraded to Deluxe Suites at no extra cost which was a pleasant surprise as we would have been happy if they had allocated cleaner rooms, never-the-less we were very grateful as these rooms were absolutely stunning and met the 5 star standard. Further to this, I received a letter from a gentleman by the name of Paul (from the hotel) apologising for all inconvenience caused. Wilson also mentioned that the Deluxe Suites had been newly renovated and the superior rooms would be next (that explains the poor conditions of the superior rooms). Despite our experiences with the rooms, the hotel gym is good, the pool area is lovely, the buffet breakfast is good offering a large selection, the hotel decor is impressive, the staff are friendly and the management team are prompt and proactive. What started off rocky ended on a good note and I would definitely return to this hotel after such great customer service. Thank you to the General Manager, Paul Sun and especially to Wilson.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank KevCan
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor regarding your experience. We do apologize for not meeting to your expectations during your recent stay with us. The refurbishment of our Superior rooms is scheduled to begin within the coming year which will enhance our room design and product to meet the needs of our business travelers.

I was delighted to read that our team quickly identified and efficiently handled the shortcomings, and was able to help you restore your confidence in us. It is a pleasure to know that you have accepted to enjoy our Deluxe Suites, as it is our mission to exceed our guest’s expectations. Thank you again for your wonderful comments as our member will be happy to know that their efforts were well-recognized. This will serve as an added inspiration to the rest of our team, to consistently maintain high standards that you have experienced. Please contact us upon your next visit. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

It's the second time I stayed in this hotel. The main reason is because of the good location with plenty of restaurants nearby. The breakfast buffet is good too. Free wifi is available in rooms.

However, I was assigned to a twin bed room again even though I have requested for double room during reservation everytime. I have checked with the counter and they just said it's not guaranteed. I come alone to stay for a few weeks and would prefer another hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank 006cc
thegardenhotel, Quality Assurance Office at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou.

As our valued regular guest, We were concerned to read about your unfortunate encounter of our service during your recent stay. We would like to apologize for the inconsistency and assure you that your situation will be discussed within the relevant departments.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; may it be positive or constructive, we take every guest comment into consideration, as this is our company’s philosophy we strive to maintain. I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our service. Please contact us for your next visit so that we can arrange a room which will meet your expectations. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is my first time staying at this busy hotel. Staff was pleasant, attentive and eager to help.
There was a glitch at the front desk. The staff forgot to enter my airline mileage, but it was quickly ractified after I emailed the hotel staff.
I was upgraded to an excutive room and it was roomy and modern. Unlike many other 5 stars hotel in China, the rain shower in this hotel actually worked. I know this is an old hotel but my room was revamped and I'm very happy with it.
The breakfast buffet was sufficient. However, the executive cocktail snack was mediocre and choices were limited. You will need to get proper dinner afterwards.
I've also tried to the Agsana Spa inside the hotel. It's not a big facility but was good in the sense that it met international standards.
I will come back to this hotel mainly for the service and the value.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the front of the hotel for a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bonbonh
thegardenhotel, Quality Assurance Office at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you in regards to the air mileage and was happy to find it was resolved quickly by our team. Rest assured your situation was discussed and recorded with the respective departments.

I was delighted to learn that your overall experience with the staff and comfort of your room has stayed with you beyond your departure.

Your wonderful comments will serve as an added inspiration to our team, to consistently maintain high standards that you have experienced during your stay with us. We hope to create yet another wonderful experience for you again in the near future.

Quailty Assurance Office