“Nothing Special, but Decent”

Rosedale Hotel & Suites
Ranked #86 of 3,503 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Located in Haizhu area, i stayed in this hotel because i stayed in the Beijing branch.

Some immediate good points:
1. Very accessible. It's above a subway station. There are also shopping and eateries all within walking distance.
2. Breakfast was OK.
3. Internet works and speed was decent.
4. The room was large. It was a single standard room i think, but there is a huge open space in the middle of the room.
5. Service was good.

Bad points:
1. Dated hotel. The carpet in the room doesn't look very clean, and i was not tempted to walk around barefooted. This applies also to all the carpets in the corridors etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
David Y, General Manager at Rosedale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing and giving us your comments about your stay at Rosedale Hotel & Suites Guangzhou.

We are delighted to learn about some good points and we will do our best to improve the area that you mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future when you visit Guangzhou.

David Yuen
Rosedale Hotel & Suites

Reviewed January 22, 2013

i stayed in 26 floor somedays ago, the hotel is not so good as you might expect, it's difficult to conceive of staying in 4*hotel--just like a market, i couldn't finished my drinks in bar because of the noise from lobby restaurant, it really made my head splitting. however my room was good, it worth paying 100pounds extra by clerk's advise when cheked in

Room Tip: try the highest floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank arthur f
David Y, General Manager at Rosedale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Rosedale Hotel & Suites Guangzhou.

We have taken note of your comments and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We will do our best to improve our environment where possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Guangzhou.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April for the Canton Fair. The check in took a long time, but service was ok other than that. The rooms were dated and a bit musty but ok if you are not spending too much time in your room.
Breakfast was good, very busy with all the other trade fair guests.
The biggest problem we found was not being near any decent restaurants but is 1/2 block from Macdonalds, Pizza Hut, 7-11 and some very authentic restaurants.
The bar had very slow service but they did have a nice reception for trade guests one night and featured free wine, appies and a band playing cover hits from the 80's.
For the price, I think this is a decent bet for a business visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
David Y, General Manager at Rosedale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us about your experience with Rosedale Hotel & Suites Guangzhou.

We have noted your comments and will improve our services where possible.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is quite dated. They should invest in a carpet shampooer as the smell is terrible on every floor. Internet access is nonexistent as the speed is glacially slow, even for Chinese websites. As someone who spends 200+ nights a year in hotels, I found this hotel to be very poor overall. It is in the running for my 2012 "worst hotel" list. There are many better options in Guangzhou at the same price level.

Room Tip: Choose one in another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fishboy43
David Y, General Manager at Rosedale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us about your experience with Rosedale Guangzhou.

We have taken note of your comments and will do our best to improve where we can.

We hope that we could be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel at least 5 times over the past 2 years and will do so everytime I go to Guangzhou. At RMB 400-500 a night, this hotel is a steal when you consider the following advantages.
- Direct crossborder coach connexion from hotel porch to HongKong Intl Airport
- Shuttle service to Pazhou Trade Fair Complex whenever there is a fair on
- Sits bang on top of one of Guangzhou's major Metro station Changang (Line 2 & Line 8)
Just one simple change to transit to Guangzhou Airport and to most other places
- Guangzhou train station is just 10 mins by cab
- Includes Breakfast
- Several english speaking staff and in general very helpful at all times
- KFC & many other restaurants and shopping all around.
- Located at a major crossing with banks and all kinds of other facilities
- Easy to get a cab at porch
- great rooms

In short , worth every penny unless you are stinking rich and prefer your yacht! :)

Room Tip: My favourite room is 2305 ..Deluxe Suite at RMB750 for three people with breakfast non smoking &...
1  Thank ujjalkar
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, booked by work! Hotel is located in a very easy access area with public transport. A lot of shops and restaurants around the hotel. Hotel is very dated, you can smell it when you walk in. Service, room, buffer breakfast are consistent 3 star standard. The carpet in the room is so dated, really need some work. Most of staff can not speak any English, so make sure bring your book or learn some Chinese before your visit. Nothing special at this hotel at all, Considering I paid 1,400 yuan a night, I could stayed at Hyatt for 1,190 yuan. It is definitely not good value for money!

Room Tip: for that price, stay somewhere else
2  Thank melbcollege
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I visit Guangzhou almost once a month, and I always stay in this hotel. This is my 2nd review.

LOCATION
The location is not at the center of Guangzhou (like TIanhe, etc), and is in the Haizhu district. But I still love the location since it is surrounded by lots of restaurants and shopping places, and is not in a touristy area. Mcdonalds and KFC are right beside the hotel. And there are several chinese restaurants worth a try. Skip the breakfast buffet and have dimsum and tea at the chinese restaurant beside the hotel (near 7-11). Another must-try is the chinese hot-pot restaurant near Mcdonalds. You will need to wait for a table though if you want to eat at peak hours.

With the newly constructed metro station right below the hotel, It is now very easy to go around Guangzhou. I always take the metro from the airport to the hotel, even if my flight arrives at 10PM. Way cheaper and faster than taking a taxi. The airport express bus (#3 if I'm not mistaken) also drops off / picks up passengers near the hotel.

ROOMS
The rooms here are hit-and-miss. If you get the newly renovated rooms, you are in luck because they are really nice. The interiors are modern and very clean. Can be compared to other more expensive 4-star hotels in Guangzhou.

Do not be tempted though with their cheapest rooms that go on sale at Agoda. I got a room for 300-350RMB only, but they gave me their oldest room - dingy and musty - with very old furnishings. Tiles are broken and dirty, clogged shower heads, moldy bathtubs, dirty ceilings, old toilet seats, you name it. I just took this in stride since I know I got the room at a promo rate. Good thing I stayed only one night, and that it only happened to me once. But next time I will definitely get the upgraded room.

VALUE
This hotel for me still ranks as one of the best value-for-money hotels in Guangzhou. That single incident will not dissuade me from staying in this hotel again. They have a good potential to be one of the best hotels in the area, now that they have the new metro station right underneath.

Room Tip: Do not get the cheapest room. Try to get the next room category.
1  Thank changky