$217
  • Pool
$204
$118
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$117
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

$205
FourSeasons.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $237/night.

$254
$145
$121
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

All reviewsmetro stationnice hotelasian and western foodusual hotelfifth floorbuffet breakfaststar hotelyogurtbaiyun airportconvenient locationfree shuttlespacious roomhong kongchangganggymcantonwalmart
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel at least 5 times over the past 2 years and will do so everytime I go to Guangzhou. At RMB 400-500 a night, this hotel is a steal when you consider the following advantages.
- Direct crossborder coach connexion from hotel porch to HongKong Intl Airport
- Shuttle service to Pazhou Trade Fair Complex whenever there is a fair on
- Sits bang on top of one of Guangzhou's major Metro station Changang (Line 2 & Line 8)
Just one simple change to transit to Guangzhou Airport and to most other places
- Guangzhou train station is just 10 mins by cab
- Includes Breakfast
- Several english speaking staff and in general very helpful at all times
- KFC & many other restaurants and shopping all around.
- Located at a major crossing with banks and all kinds of other facilities
- Easy to get a cab at porch
- great rooms

In short , worth every penny unless you are stinking rich and prefer your yacht! :)

Room Tip: My favourite room is 2305 ..Deluxe Suite at RMB750 for three people with breakfast non smoking & two toilets/bathrooms. Good saving for a small group of 3 or 4 going for a fair or family holiday. Suggest flying into Hongkong and then taking the cross border coach direct to the hotel. You get to see an amazing amount of Chinese country side as well as the lovely Hong Kong harbour and Shenzen bay crossing. Also,consider the fact that flights to Guangzhou are always much more expensive than those to Hongkong.
1  Thank ujjalkar
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, booked by work! Hotel is located in a very easy access area with public transport. A lot of shops and restaurants around the hotel. Hotel is very dated, you can smell it when you walk in. Service, room, buffer breakfast are consistent 3 star standard. The carpet in the room is so dated, really need some work. Most of staff can not speak any English, so make sure bring your book or learn some Chinese before your visit. Nothing special at this hotel at all, Considering I paid 1,400 yuan a night, I could stayed at Hyatt for 1,190 yuan. It is definitely not good value for money!

Room Tip: for that price, stay somewhere else
2  Thank melbcollege
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I visit Guangzhou almost once a month, and I always stay in this hotel. This is my 2nd review.

LOCATION
The location is not at the center of Guangzhou (like TIanhe, etc), and is in the Haizhu district. But I still love the location since it is surrounded by lots of restaurants and shopping places, and is not in a touristy area. Mcdonalds and KFC are right beside the hotel. And there are several chinese restaurants worth a try. Skip the breakfast buffet and have dimsum and tea at the chinese restaurant beside the hotel (near 7-11). Another must-try is the chinese hot-pot restaurant near Mcdonalds. You will need to wait for a table though if you want to eat at peak hours.

With the newly constructed metro station right below the hotel, It is now very easy to go around Guangzhou. I always take the metro from the airport to the hotel, even if my flight arrives at 10PM. Way cheaper and faster than taking a taxi. The airport express bus (#3 if I'm not mistaken) also drops off / picks up passengers near the hotel.

ROOMS
The rooms here are hit-and-miss. If you get the newly renovated rooms, you are in luck because they are really nice. The interiors are modern and very clean. Can be compared to other more expensive 4-star hotels in Guangzhou.

Do not be tempted though with their cheapest rooms that go on sale at Agoda. I got a room for 300-350RMB only, but they gave me their oldest room - dingy and musty - with very old furnishings. Tiles are broken and dirty, clogged shower heads, moldy bathtubs, dirty ceilings, old toilet seats, you name it. I just took this in stride since I know I got the room at a promo rate. Good thing I stayed only one night, and that it only happened to me once. But next time I will definitely get the upgraded room.

VALUE
This hotel for me still ranks as one of the best value-for-money hotels in Guangzhou. That single incident will not dissuade me from staying in this hotel again. They have a good potential to be one of the best hotels in the area, now that they have the new metro station right underneath.

Room Tip: Do not get the cheapest room. Try to get the next room category.
1  Thank changky
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Rosedale Hotel for 2 nights to break the long flight from Vancouver to Perth WA.
The best tip we had from Trip Advisor was to print the Hotel name and address in Chinese - this saved us because so little English is spoken. We got the No 3 shuttle from the airport (and back again) which worked well (20Y each - it's a long way). The hotel itself was fine, but as you've probably read in other reviews, staff have very little, if any, English. We had booked an Executive room (non smoking) and initially put on a smoking floor (yuk) - anyway I was able to make myself understood and they obliged by changing to a non-smoking floor without fuss. The room was clean, the bed hard; Chinese people are noisy - sorry, they are! - so always have earplugs to sleep. The restaurant was pleasant; lots of (Asian) choice but enough to please most people. We felt isolated in this area and, at the end of our holiday, just didn't have the energy to tackle the Metro.

Room Tip: We chose Executive to include the breakfast which we were happy with. DEFINITELY non-smoking; we were changed from the 8th to 16th floor but still got outside (and inside) noise. Earplugs are necessary.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jen D
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here for a week because I need to accompany someone in Hospital (the hospital close by with this hotel). I got twin share Suite room (room looks really old but clean enough). The reason I checked out because when I went back from the hospital (at 23.00) to this Hotel I found my bed is messy (has been used by someone else), television is on and even this person also had time to make and drink tea in my room. I complained to the manager and he said sorry because probably their housekeeping staff did all of those. After that,their manager gave me fruit basket but it was not enough because I already feel insecure to stay in this hotel. The day after I decided to move to Vertical Hotel (Glad to move here because I get cheaper price for better quality of room (a new room with 5 star standard, bed is perfect, and the important thing Vertical Hotel Staff more helpful).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo