Let me start with the good - The rooms were very clean and the housekeeper was fantastic. Thats were the good stops.
As a frequent stayer in hotels this has to be the worst, let me explain why in dot points to make it easy.
- This hotel employees a number of students over the Canton Fair (trade expo) to make it look like quantity which it does but it absolutely kills the quality.
- The bar staff had absolutely zero idea what they are doing (i.e no idea what a scotch and coke is ) we got to know them and found out they have never been to a bar, drank alcohol and could never afford a drink in general due to the wages.
- We caught a male staff member in the restaurant spitting on the carpet. When confronted he admitted it , they made him apologise to us in person and apparently fired him.
- The management are basically kids (young adults) with zero experience and very minimal english.
- The buffet was the worst we've ever had - absolutely cold and horrible tasting - We didnt pay for this as we insisted.
- The wifi is literally inconsistent - dropping in and out
- The management team constantly tried to find excuses for everything.
Please note that this is not the day to day staff fault as we got to know them using google translate. They have been placed there as part of training. You do not train staff in the hotels busiest period.
Also - TV in the rooms , no english channels besides CNN
I would never stay there again. This management team needs a reality check.
Spend the extra few dollars and stay somewhere that you are valued.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Canton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canton Hotel Guangzhou