“Excellent Property”

Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre
Ranked #15 of 3,559 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed August 16, 2014

From Location to the overall decor, everything is very impressive about Crowne Plaza. The hotel is just 15 minutes from Guangzhou East railway station and provides a free shuttle from the station. We took two double bed rooms and were given rooms on the 33rd floor where the view of Guangzhou city was excellent. The room itself was quite spacious with everything available that is required for a comfortable stay including free wifi which had good speed. The beds were very comfortable while the bathroom was spacious as well including a separate bathtub and a shower. We used room service once ordering Italian minestrone soup. The service was quick and the soup was delicious. However the highlight of our stay was buffet breakfast at the hotel. The spread was lavish and the quality of food was fantastic. We were pleasantly surprised to see a good spread of Indian curries with naan and the preparation was quite good. Luckily we had booked the rooms inclusive of breakfast which saved us lot of money otherwise the buffet breakfast costs RMB 175 per person. For our return back to HK via Guangzhou East Railway station, we used the airport shuttle which was very convenient. Overall an excellent Stay!

Room Tip: You can request for a higher floor room since they have excellent views of the city
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Kshitij2003,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, we are so delighted to hear that the highlight of your stay was the extensive breakfast buffet located at Fresh All Day Dining! We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Once you arrive you know that you are in the right hands, the Hotel has good location right in the heart of Guangzhou which makes it so easy to go anywhere in Guangzhou.

The rooms are clean and tidy and check-in is fast, I was immediately notified about my membership status and for my breakfast as requested I was provided with Gluten-Free breads thanks to Mr.Franssen who made sure that everything was executed as per my request.

They also are able to provide great breakfast options not only for Gluten Intolerant but also people who are Lactose Intolerant, I was even served pancakes which made me feel so good, the Chef also provided me great options for my next day but because I had an early check-out and not sure if my breakfast would go as per my request all the breads were Gluten-Free, which was a perfect start for my next journey ahead.

I am definitely coming back and recommend the Hotel to anyone travelling to Guangzhou, good service and an exceptionally good breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Abbas H,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you had no trouble finding gluten free option on our breakfast buffet and our team was able to accommodate
special requests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel is pretty centrally located with restaurants and bars within walking distance of it. The club lounge at the hotel is pretty good providing evening relaxation with snacks and drinks. At times finding a taxi at the hotel is a challenge, however, you are 5 minutes walk from the subway station which is much more convenient! For food lovers, many ethnic restaurants are within walking distance, Thai, Turkish, Chinese, Western, Indian, you name it ... all are pretty close by and very decent!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with the rooms on high floor!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Aitchisonian,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and the mutli ethnic options for dining in the busy neighbourhood. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, taken 4 rooms for 6 adults and 3 kids. Rooms are big, spacious, bathroom was huge, wifi free every where. Superb facility....
The only thing that ruin my family stay is the staffs who helped us arrange train ticket from Guangzhou to Hongkong. they aren't honest. Train ticket from Guangzhou to Hongkong cost 190 HKD or around 151 RMB. They didn't mention anything about the currency, even when we paid them 190 RMB. They should have mention that the price 190 is in HKD, instead of RMB! I wouldn't mind if they charge us more for their service, but they have to tell us that the train ticket 190 is in HKD, so we wont over paid for the ticket. The exchange rate around 1 RMB =1.25 HKD. We was so upset when we were arrived at the train station and found out that the currency is all wrong. my uncle insist me to call the hotel and talk to the management about their staff dishonest, I choose to write our story here at tripadvisor. I won't be back and wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ubepine u
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Ubepine U,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your response. I am sorry for the confusion in regards to the preordered train tickets you purchased from the hotel. In regards to the difference in price, when you pre order tickets that are delivered to the concierge there is a service charge from the third party travel agent that delivers the tickets but no extra charges from the hotel. Clearly this was not communicated to you by our team and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will ensure to brief our team about this, but please feel free to contact me directly if I can offer any additional assistance and for help with future bookings. We hope to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre!

Jenny.macdonald@gz63.cn

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

My second stay here, in total now 10 nights, organised airport pick with hotel, staff are ok, (could be a little bit warmer with guests)
check in went smoothly, stayed in basic room,very clean, although coffee and tea provided in room is not great , I think it can be improved especially on the tea offered considering it is in China, a couple of extra coffee bags would not go astray.
Gym facilities are adequate and clean as is men's change room
Will give it one more try , when I come back to Guangzhou , compared to other hotel stays , it feels very clinical.

Stayed: July 2014
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear ben p,

Thank you for your feedback. I will be reviewing your comments with our management team and we hope to improve your experience for next time. I glad to hear you will return to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre for future stays. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights at the Club Room, check in was swift and staff were courteous especially those at the Club Lounge. Room was huge especially the bathroom, nice touch to provide Chinese herbal soup as turn service, very Guangzhou! Food at the Club Lounge was adequate but privacy is assured.

Hotel is located 15 mins walk to the nearest metro station. Flagging a cab during peak time at the hotel can be a pain, best to book in advance especially to airport.

Will be back!

Stayed: July 2014
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Tonelim,

Thank you for your great feedback regarding the great service you experienced and our convenient location. It was our honor to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre!

KInd regards,
Jenny MacDonald - Guest Services Manger

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Hello,

Lets start immediately, had gone with my business colleagues to this hotel. We stayed here from 27th May to 1st June. We had taken 4 rooms there.

Rooms were quite big and comfortable. Alot of space to move around.

Bathroom was also huge with a big cubicle and a tub separate. Only problem was that hey should have checked the lock of the bathroom before they alloted us the room. Because the lock was not working.

Overall the staff was very courteous and very helpful except for one bell boy whose name I dont remember. That guy guy taunted me some name which he shouldnt have while crossing me in the lobby. It was quite irritating amd u screamt and told him to mind his tongue and he said sorry and walked off and then started throwing attitude.

Too sad for such good hotel to have staff as these because of whom the hotel has to suffer.

The overall experince was Very Good but because of that incident I would not want to go to this hotel again. Would not recommend it also.

Cheers.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear KayDee85,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and amenities. However, I am troubled to hear that you had a negative experience from one of our staff. This is difficult for us to investigate and we would appreciate if you can contact me directly and let me know the details of this incident. This is not the standard we accept with our team and I would like to ensure we avoid this issue for yourself and any future guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.