“Hotel of choice when visiting Gz...”

Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre
Ranked #14 of 3,522 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I normally stay here when visiting Gz. A wonderful hotel. Rooms are modern and so are the bathrooms. Breakfast is good but for guests requiring Halaal food, a little more care is required. We got a good rate of 688RMB as I think it's a quiet period right now. I was afforded the luxury of a generously late check out, courtesy of the duty manager due to a delayed flight. Much appreciated.
5 minute walk to the popular Sultan restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear AzTee,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our selection of halal food but I will pass on to the Chef your comment take care to the details. We were pleased to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre!

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Please don't get me wrong this is a great hotel and I have stayed here at least a two dozen times, i travel to Guangzhou quite often and a friend of mine who lives in the city books my room for me, so we arrive at the hotel as normal at 1.00 am in the morning very tired on the 21st may 2014, now every other time i have stayed here the room costs me 1200 rmb including club benefits but this time for some unkown reason I am told it will be 1890rmb per night and 2500 rmb each night for last two nights because some fair in the city starts on that day, as a regular you can imagine I felt like I was being ripped off so after some ten minutes of discussion but to no avail they still wanted the same amount of money, loyalty meant nothing to these people. I refused to be robed and told them I did not want the room so we travelked not more than 500 metres down the road to see if I could get a room at a honel called the Baiyun Hotel and even though it was 1.00 am in the morning they had a room for 1000 rmb and every bit as good as the crown plaza the whole hotel is every bit as good so guess where I will be staying when I am in this city again which is at least 6 times a year

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank vitmit
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Vitmit,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am so sorry for the confusion with the rates and I apologize that this was a stressful encounter for you. This is not the impression we would like you to leave our hotel with. With the amount of stays that you have it may be much easier for you if we offer a corporate rate for you in appreciation of your loyalty. If this is something that would be of interest to you please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to help. We really do hope you can trust to return to our hotel and we can avoid issues like this in the future. Thank you for your consideration.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in may 2014. I upgraded to the club room. The room was a nice size, and a large fully equipped bathroom. The people behind the desk efficient and did their best to fill my requests. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Elias B,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and it is our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

the crowne plaza is a nice hotel with great staff and a great buffet breakfast,especially the fact that they have a muslim chef working so he prepares the food for muslims. However I should say that it lacks the final touches and simple things. rooms are nice and spacious but its dull and not exciting.the bathroom is good. moving on to the swimming pool ,gym ,steam room etc I should say that its far from what a 5star hotel should have,swimming pool area is old and boring and it seems like a common public place where the whole world goes to in terms of its décor .The gym is ok but small. the toilets in the lobby are dirty! the location is good and not far from all the arab restaurants9walking distance) and about 25rmb to the modern tianhe district by taxi. one very disturbing thing I witnessed was that at night around 12 at least 3 prostitutes were in the lobby area offering their services,this is just pathetic and should not be tolerated at all. I do not know if the staff know about this but I am sure to the common eye it seems pretty obvious! it brings about a really bad impression to the hotel and alsp Guangzhou..sort it out!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Moey V,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am glad that you had some positive comments for our hotel especially about Samy our Arabic chef. He will be happy to hear he could make your experience better. I also appreciate you pointing out some issues to be addressed and they have been brought up to our management. I hope we can improve so you can trust to return to our hotel on your next visit to Guangzhou. For assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Jenny MacDonald Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were on a business trip to Guangzhou and stayed in the hotel for four days. It was a hectic trip as we had to travel for long period every day. Swimming pool and the spa were a good distraction after a long day of work. The staff were very cordial and could communicate with us in English well. Rooms were spacious and the layout very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear gugs2013,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

jenny.macdonald

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Not sure if its because of the culture here as its my first trip to Gangzhou, I did not find the hotel staff very welcoming even though we check in at late 11pm and there is no other guest at the check in counter. No one also bothered to help us with the luggage to the room. So we lugged the heavy luggage to the room all by ourselves.

The staffs are also not meticulous in their work in our opinion. We booked our guangzhou-hk train tickets through the concierge and set to collect it at 9pm on the same day. We were horrific when we saw that the boarding dates were wrong (an expired tickets) and we are due to leave the very next day. Though this was rectified the next day at 12pm (train leaves at 345pm), we were surprised that no staff (the one who collected the tixs from the agent and the one who passed us the tickets) bothered to check through before handing this to us for the first time. I am not sure what will happen if we did not check at the onset and presented these tickets at the train station. There was also not much apology from the staff for the above error.

Lastly, we accidentally left a jacket which we treasure, in the room. We tried to email the hotel about it, hoping that they may have found and kept it under lost and found. But alas, no response from the hotel on this. This is really disappointing.

The room itself was great with a couple-sized bath tube so it was good. Everything was also working fine with quality finishes in room. Just one thing on the house keeping, we went back one day and found the windows opened! Probably the housekeeper forgot to close it but as our room is located at a pretty high floor (level 27), i find it pretty scary to have to close the windows ourselves.

The above ratings are purely for the quality room provided (for its great!) and none for the service. I would consider to stay in this hotel again only if their service has improved.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet81

Dear Janet81,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, I am so sorry to hear of the inconveniences caused to you during your stay. Please contact me directly and I would like to find out the details of these cases and help to find out why no response was issued and if we can locate the coat. Please contact me directly at your convenience.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

suppose to stay for 3 night , but was force to leave earlier due to the hotel is fully book on the last day. Had stay once before , not much to complain at , check in is fast , didn't encounter a problem, the breakfast buffet is ok, ( nice to chef david , still at helm ) , had a nice chat with Jenny M . , who is busy manning the breakfast counter . the room is ok and clean which is very important for me. The reason why I like to stay at crown plaza city centre , bec it's very convenient for me to go to my suppliers in shoe city ( just a bus ride ) and just across the street Japanese own department store and supermarket, in case I need some basic items

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank afc45
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear afc45,

It is so nice to receive your message and it was so nice to meet you. I am sorry that that our occupancy was full for the duration of your stay due to Canton fair. I am happy to here that you should be returning soon and we will be happy to accomidate you as always! It is our pleasure to serve you and happy to hear that our loction is conveniently located close to your office. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Guangzhou!