“One of the most favorable hotel too”

Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre
Ranked #14 of 3,446 Hotels in Guangzhou
Tokyo, Japan
“One of the most favorable hotel too”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've visited Guangzhou for several times and taken metro and bus so often. This time, I came to go up to Canton Tower (600m, observation deck:433.2m), look Guangzhou International Finance Center (437m) and go to Foshan (about 30km south west of Guangzhou). The reason why I stayed at this hotel was to take a higher floor room and look them through south faced window.
I could take a room at 50th floor (the hotel has 63 floors), but unfortunately it was a rainy day (next day too), I couldn't. I asked how to get there and got a small fold type map where the Tower and the Center were shown. And I was taught that now metro was extended to Foshan (Zumiao station). On the first day, I visited the Center and looked the Tower, and on the second day, I went up the top of the Tower and looked the Center from there. After that, I went to Foshan by metro. When I came back, I dropped at Gongyuanqian station and walked Beijinglu (busiest street) for the third time.
The reception people were all kind and the map was very convenient. And there was a big study desk in the room different from Ambassador hotel, Vienna. I took lunch and dinner at Japanese restaurant every day. I was fully satisfied during the stay at this hotel and in Guangzhou.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tadahiro H
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Tadahiro,
Thank you so much for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre while you are travelling to Guangzhou! It was such an honor that we could have your comments and high valuation regarding to our service. We are delight that you enjoyed our facilities and service. Most of our guests rooms offers you the best view and scenery of Guangzhou including Luhu Lake Park, Baiyun Mountain and Tianhe Downtown.
Next time you come to Guangzhou, please do contact our colleagues for more local information and I am sure that they are happy to show you the nice scenery and facility in Guangzhou.
Thank you for choosing our hotel while you back to Guangzhou, We are looking forward to welcoming you again for a renewing experience at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre and wish you all the best!

cynthia.xia@gz63.cn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our hotel was arranged by the vendor of my sister’s institute. It is very new and modern. There is beautiful colour changing laser light in the hotel lobby.

Our room is huge with an area outside the washroom for putting iron board and clothing. There is also desk with internet access connection.

The outdoors swimming pool is much smaller than the standardized pool. Yet I did enjoy swimming there in early morning when it was not crowded.

We had a full and satisfied breakfast. There were a variety of choices. There was delicate tea set with several different kinds of Chinese tea leaves provided. Fresh yogurt was supplied as well.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nemo_aussie
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write the review and we are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre. Thanks very much for sharing the beautiful pictures you took of our hotel.
Our team strives to exceed the expectations of our guests and provide the true hospitality of a 5 star hotel. Next time you come to Guangzhou, welcome to explore more about Guangzhou as well as our hotel.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre in the near future.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The hotel in downtown close to anywhere you may want to go. Rooms are just OK, nothing special , good price for thi sstandard hotel, staff very friendly . Will be good to ask for higher floors of course for better view .Recommended

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank keserhus
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us.
We appreciate to hear that you truly enjoyed our service and your experience has been positive.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again if you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed 3 nights here in a very spactious Club room on the 55th floor and benefitted from the Club lounge which offered peace and complimentary food and drink at the end of the day in light, calm surroundings. In contrast, the hallways seemed rather dark had a musty smell. My room and bathroom (with bath) was enormous although again, a little dark. The staff were all very attentive and eager to please but not always quite on the ball language wise (a request for tape resulted in them bringing in the engineer with ropes! but we got there in the end). This said, the lobby staff were kind enough to help me with my bad Chinese.
The Fresh all-day dining restaurant offered a satisfactory breakfast (nothing special) and I had the buffet there one evening but it was quite empty which was off-putting as it's a very large room and there are lots of staff watching my every move. As a lone traveller, I preferred the club lounge which was more intimate. The lobby bar was also nearly alwatys empty and I was refused my voucher there for a welcome soft drink when I ordered iced tea.
Location wise, this hotel was very close to my meetings and not too far from Guanggzhou East station (by taxi) and there is an large luxury shopping centre a 3 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Worth chosing a Club floor room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ac_fava
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre while you are travelling to Guangzhou! It was such an honor that we could have your comments regarding to our service. We are delight that you enjoyed some of our facilities which is available in the hotel and our location. However, please do accept our sincere apology for the dark hallway, the musty smell and your experience in the Lobby Lounge. We would like to assure you that we have communicated your feedback to the concerned department and corrective action has been taken.

And also, thanks very much for your detailed observation and suggestions to improve our service.We would enhance our staff training on language and service.

Once again, thank you very much and for your recommendation, also we hope the unhappy experience will not deter your to visit us again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be any of your assistance as I would be more than happy to help.

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Quite hotel more for business visit. Good breakfast with some choice of international food and more of asian food like sushi and things I don't have a clue. Very nice stuff. I didn't like food from room service. The hotel is close to city centre and some other shopping mole where u can find a good restaurants. There is a Pedestrian bridge front of the hotel. Free wi_fi. I like the
Tub. Its enough for two.

• Stayed July 2012
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write your experience you had with us during your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.
We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our team strives to exceed the expectations of our guests and provide the true hospitality of a 5 star hotel. But we are also sorry for the room service food which disappointed you. If you'd like to, please share with us how can we improve in the future.

Thanks with best regards.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am amazed by these reviews. How on earth did you all book a room? I tried to book directly with the hotel and received an acknowledgement and a booking reference number (six digits). The acknowledgement said I would receive confirmation of my booking within one hour. I never heard any more from the hotel despite chasing almost daily. I then contacted Crowne Plaza via its central website. I couldn't 'manage my booking' because that required an eight digit code. So I called Crowne Plaza in the UK, paying 10p/minute for the privilege. They said they would contact the hotel via their internal e-mail system. Apparently they too received an acknowledgement of their email but nothing else. I have still not heard from either Crowne Plaza or the hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write the review and staying with us at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.
We are deeply concerned to hear about that you didn't receive the confirmation letter in time. I had investigated the incident with hotel's reservation team and Front Office immediately and we're very sorry to tell you that the website www.crowneplazaguangzhoucitycentre.com through which you booked our hotel is the fake one. The phone number cannot be reached, either. What's more, the phone number is displayed on the fakes websites of Garden Hotel,Donfang Hotel,Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Science City etc. Kately is also not our hotel staff, and the reservation@crowneplazaguangzhoucitycentre.com is not our hotel’s email.

Our reservation team could't find your booking in the system, hope you had nothing lost because of this mistake. If you need make a reservation, we can do for you, please tell us your check in and check out date, I will send you the quotations. Actually our reservation agent has sent you an Email explaining this incident but it was bounced back may be due to the anti-junk mail set up.

It was our privilege to accomodate and help you as our guest and we do hope to hear from you. We hope that we would have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Ireland
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Spent a couple of nights in this hotel - was upgraded to an executive room as hotel was apparently full otherwise . Nice spacious room , very comfortable bed , large bathroom. Great breakfast options - also had buffet there one evening which was quite good also. Check in staff very friendly. Bar was a bit dead on both nights so recommend exploring the general area for some more life as the hotel is right in the middle of the city centre. Buzzing night club just next door . As I was on the 55th floor , no noise to report from traffic ! I didn't get time to try the gym but it looked very good . I would recommend the hotel .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FearGlic
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear guest,
We are highly appreciated for your detailed comments, which are extremely helpful for our improvement of service and facilities. For the Health Club, please enjoy the facilities there next time you stay with us. The Health Club offers you sauna, outdoor swimming pool, tennis court and so on. I'm sure you will love it.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre in the near future.