“Such a huge property !!”
Review of Chimelong Hotel

Chimelong Hotel
Ranked #36 of 3,430 Hotels in Guangzhou
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Such a huge property !!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Chime long hotel is around 60 km from the Guangzhou airport and is a part of big resort in my knowledge. The hotel is surrounded by one amusement park called Chime long paradise and a big safari park. The hotel which is situated in middle of the resort itself is big with independent blocks for the guest. I was in Block 3 and it was bit away from the main lobby in actual. I found it really wired to find my room in the late night.

Myself, did check in and check out at odd timings, and that's why I couldn't find any problem in these. But I could see real crowds at the front desk during peak times. Room service took 1 hour to get me an adaptor to charge my phone, that too after 3-4 reminders.

I needed to pay for my break fast as it was not included in my room rent. It was too expensive in my point, around 25 USD. In the break fast hall, it was too crowded in real, you have to sometimes run for a table if you are alone. It was really funny thing, that I had to find another table after finishing my first set. When I went to take my second plate another group captured my table...ha ha...

Let me point out certain good things too...My room was big with all things kept in place...Big cupboard, big LCD, big toilet and a big balcony too. Daily you get 2 bottles of water, fruits, toys for your kids as complimentary. The wi fi was full free and it was too strong too. I could get the signal even 100 meters away from the hotel...

After all, what I can say, it's not a hotel worth spending USD 140+ a night for a business traveler like me...But if you consider all the factors like nearby safari park and amusement park and you are here for a complete leisure trip with your family, this is your destination for sure !!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Sree_adr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Moved from Sheraton to this hotel for a quiet weekend. Well, to start with, this is a family and conference hotel, so peace and quiet was certainly out of the question. The rooms were tolerable ( stayed in a superior room). BUT I will still recommend friends to come here for the following reasons: (1) breakfast with the white tigers and flamingos in the hotel-- one can never get that close to white tigers especially;(2) a five minute walk to the chime long international circus-- a great act that mixes technology and acrobatics in a show, and when we are all tired of the cirque du soleil formula, this show is a good break since they brought back animals into the circus;(3) a ten minute walk to the chime long amusement park that has I believe one of the most challenging roller coasters in the world; and lastly, (4) a free shuttle ride to the chime long zoo. It's better than the Singapore Safari zoo, and I'd say its one of the zoos with the most comprehensive animal collection. If you're new to china, this is a good place to see the pandas ( better than going to chengdu).

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Alipinofw
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Myself and a colleague stayed at the Chime Long Hotel for 3 nights during November 2013, it was booked by a supplier for us and I have no positive words to say about this hotel, the fact that it is marketed as a 5 star hotel is utterly ridiculous, my room was dirty and smelled damp, looking at other reviews other people have also reported this, in fact I took to wearing my crocs whenever in the room to save getting hairs and dirt stuck to my feet. Once in the 'so called' resort you are captive to them and the cost of food and drink are ridiculous (25USD for a bowl of pasta, 10USD for a beer). All around the hotel they have enclosures with miserable looking white tigers inside. Best to avoid this hotel, it's poor value for money and a miserable experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank ChristopherSydenham
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here twice in two weeks. First I stayed at the ordinary room, it is big, clean and very comfortable beds. Next when I was with my family we stayed at the suite. This room was a bit simpler than the ordinary room, I guess because it is big so there are so many blank spaces. Room rates are actually very reasonable, suites are cheaper than ordinary rooms in most hotels in Sentosa Singapore. We really had great time here.

The hotel has animals all over the place which is nice and different, kids just love this. Amenities are just great, service is exceptional (although not everyone speaks english) and food is a definite yes.

The hotel has free shuttles to the theme parks, port and MTR station. It has buses going to Hong Kong. If you arrive at the airport you can take the MTR to Changlong station with one interchange at Tiyu Xilu. From there take the hotel shuttle.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the parks, it can be noisy when there is an event.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jepoyng
Gujarat
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a very large hotel The lobby has a bar and behind it in a glass enclosure are some snow tigers. All over the property in various pockets one sees wild animals. The rooms are large and very comfortable.
The check in and check out process takes a long time as there are always a lot of people there.
The service is good considering the size.
During the Canton Fair the rooms are very expensive otherwise very reasonably priced hotel.

Room Tip: Try and find a room as near to the reception as possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tanujpatel
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel design and facilities are well thought through and have a smart wow factor. Sadly the quality of the other services/ quality control let it down.

Having said all the below though we had a good time and all our needs were met. We just needed to manage our expectations and be patient, do a bit of finger crossing and winging it!

Room:
The room we chose was a standard family room which gave us a huge double bed, 2 singles, two little balcony's (no furniture on them but we dragged out the desk chairs), a desk, a sofa area. We also asked for a cot which wasn't arranged when we arrived but they were quick to attend to it when reminded. We were not charged extra for the cot. On one night we actually ended up putting two sofa cushions on the floor for the toddler which worked really well as a bed for her and housekeeping dropped off a sheet and extra towel (we asked for two sheets but they didn't get that as no one spoke English:).

We had to pay extra on top of the room charge for the kids breakfast as the room rate only includes 2 breakfasts.

My towels were shredded/ frayed on the sides, but clean and perfectly useable. Our friend's room had mould in the shower.
The shower head fell off and hit me (but the handyman came out quickly and fixed it and they were very apologetic).
The handle to the bathroom door was loose so I was continuously worried one of my three young children (aged 3,6,8) would lock themselves in if it came off.

Good a/c control. Spacious room. Good standard of fittings.

Tickets/ info:
Significant lack of English instructions which leaves you having to go backwards and forwards trying to get more specific instructions. Difficult with young kids but when we insisted on someone showing us they were more than happy to escort us to the right place and very pleasant. Generally we found staff to be very kind and welcoming but not necessarily helpful... If you get what I mean:-)

The ticket desk for the circus/safari etc couldn't speak any English and couldn't answer my questions about age suitability, whether the Halloween theme was also present at the circus etc (it wasn't by the way - Halloween only in 'paradise roller coaster park':). It took a fair bit of time to figure out all the options available to us and new 'rules' or exceptions seemed to always be unspoken... Until I dug further and then got those answers. Took lots of time with several staff being very helpful but with limited English between all of them we got there!

The buffet restaurant was expensive, including for the children's rate. Around $900 for 2 adults and 3 kids? (I think roughly). The food had a good variety of choice for many cultures I thought, that should suit most in a group and it all seemed clean and well organised... but the trolleys of clean up teams rattling past me throwing cutlery into plastic trays with great efficiency and enthusiasm definitely killed the atmosphere of any relaxing meal I had in mind and again the service had to be repetitively called for. That, on top of the general noise levels made it far from a 5 star meal experience, closer to 3+ star perhaps in my opinion but you may feel differently. I'm just trying to help folk manage expectations. The flamingos and tigers next to us while we eat (behind a thick glass wall) were a great plus and the kids LOVED that. At dinner they also had roaming dressed characters of tigers, koala's etc (a bit like Disney do for their themed breakfast in Hong Kong).

Alternatives for food: it turned out there was a far far cheaper dinner option on site - the butterfly dinning area - (or something similar, in block 5). We had a wonderful dinner there of Thai / Chinese food and a few burgers thrown in as well between the ten of us. It ended up costing us about $300rmb for the whole family of our 5. More cafe style but perfectly acceptable dinner option and attentive serving staff. Noisy of course:-)

Spa/games in the hotel:
The hotel also has a bowling alley which we all used, a couple of spa options that the ladies used and found to be very friendly, nothing at all sleazy in sight, professional staff, clean equipment. All good stuff.

They also had a games room with saga rally car racing type games, basketball hoops games, air hockey etc. Cheap and fun pre/post dinner with the kids:-)

Despite our challenges during this experience the holiday was fun and we are glad we went. The kids were left little tiger teddies as an apology for the problems and we were given a golf car ride one of the three days we stayed to get to the safari park and back... No further compensation considered sadly after such a big group had so many little problems that kept delaying us.

The safari, crocodile park and circus were excellent. That needs to be on a different review. The water park (and free outdoor swimming pool at the hotel!) is closed from November 1st. (No one mentioned that when we booked and asked if we could use the hotel pool! - it was open the night we checked in but no longer... Moral of the story don't assume anything, keep asking questions:-)

Really well designed as I said at the beginning but sadly not supported by the service side in terms of ability or attention to detail.

Hope that helps folk:-). Do go, its fun... Just keep smiling and if you struggle with noise go early to breakfast!!:-)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Zoe G
Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 3 years and would highly recommend it. They have shuttle transfer to the port which is great for business travelers. The hotel rooms are nice and the complex is huge but easy to navigate. The hotel caters to families with the them park activities but business travelers do not feel out of place. Extra treat is to eat at the extensive buffet breakfast with the lions!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business