“Great room, best view, super comfy beds!”

Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou
Ranked #8 of 3,559 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Originally stayed at room 9303 with view of the river & Canton tower, 2 super comfy double beds. Then stayed at room 9409 with an even greater view of both the river and the Canton tower. Since its a business trip, we were tired rest of the day and the beds were all welcoming relieving our stressed bodies. The staff are all very accommodating and very efficient. The Four Seasons is highly recommended for business conventions and grand occasions as it has function rooms and ballrooms. Food is great too! One can party at night at the Tian Bar!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Geraldine C
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Geraldine

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is really appreciated that you took valued time to rate us and share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

There is no lack of luxury hotels in Tianhe District, yet FS Guangzhou stands above the cloud in almost in all aspect. Still some way to go to meet the par.

I was on a business/leisure trip to Guangzhou from Jun 10-13. My experience was a mix. The management team clearly knows what they are doing and strives for the best they could. Also, you will appreciate the view as well as the design. Yet there are some major or minor issues.

For the record I do really appreciate what you've done to properly resolve some leaking & infrastructure problems in my room. You guys really show your care. However, I was kind of surprised my water valve handle slips out while the water was in hot. This is not acceptable for what you expect from FS. But like I said, your response was prompt and proper. Big thumbs up to Ms. Pan.

I do suggest you guys test all the outlets in the washroom for all your guest rooms. There are many complains about the 115-240v outlets which I would say you need a better contractor who cares about quality and detail.

My worst complain is a massage in the Hua Spa literately hurts my neck... no sleep for 3 days straight. Now I am writing this review in a hospital seat. So be warned.... I do expect a refund if not a compensation.

With all these being said, this is the place to go in Guangzhou. You pay far less for a FS than what you will in North America, yet have all the goodies you will expect from FS. Still some work to do but you guys are doing a great job already in the fiercely competed Tianhe District.

I know you care and you will improve. I will come back next time in Guangzhou.

1  Thank Murray W
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed in Four Season this June. It is the only hotel to stay in GuangZhou. I checked in a room on the 77th Floor. It has a amazing city view from 200+ meter above, and the interior of the room is also clean and well thoughts out. I paid over 3000 RMB for a similar room in Beijing GuoMao III.
Would highly recommend anyone stay here.

Room Tip: river view would be the best
1  Thank yangf9
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Yangf9,

Thank you for taking time to rate us on TripAdvisor and I am glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel and room. Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This time I stayed with my parents and like my previous experience, it was very enjoyable and memorable. The check-in process was fast and smooth, we felt very welcome with staff's nice smiles and amicable attitude; Concierge provided multiple selections of mobile phone chargers and the staff were all polite and helpful; as expected, the room was gracious and spacious, the largest in Guangzhou, with best view of Canton Tower and Pearl River; the internet was stable too; and my parents felt the in room temperature is just good, not too cold and chilly like some other places.

We tried two restaurants during our stay. Breakfast at Caffe Mondo was wonderful, wide selection of Chinese food and nice western pastry. We booked a window seat for lunch at Kumoi, which is famous for its Michelin starred Japanese chef. Apart from the great city view from Kumoi, the bento box set were just delicious and super value for money, with complimentary fruit drink or ice cream available. Sushi and sashimi tasted very fresh too. Not to say, the service at both restaurants were timely and attentive, making my parents feel very welcome.

Everything was excellent, from hardware to software. What made me even more happy was that my parents had a great stay in this hotel, the hotel staff were doing their best to take care of the elder guests. I would highly recommend this Four Seasons hotel to my friends and would love to stay with it again whenever possible.

A few details to be perfect: the weight scale is not adjusted to zero; hair dryer plug is a bit loose; the pencil at the bedside table needs to be sharpened; no welcome fruit? (can be forgiven as it was during public holiday.)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ping C

Dear Ping

First of all, thank you for your review regarding the visit with your family and it was a pleasure having you staying with us. I am glad to know that you were pleased with our hotel, staffs & the food at Caffe Mondo and Kumoi.

I am also thankful that you took time to provide feedback on some areas of improvement we need to be aware of. Your candid feedback was well received and has been shared with concerned teams for special attention and enhancement.

Again, thank you very much for taking your valued time sharing your candid feedback with us, which will definitely help us become a better hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed June 7, 2014

3rd stay at 4 seasons Guangzhou. Room maintenance is poor. Fittings falling off and lights not working . I can see that the properly is slowly declining and losing its shine. Feels more like a tourist hotel that a premium 5 star. Lobby is perpetually crowded with people taking pictures of the smoggy view. Service is apathetic especially at the atrium. Was at the mandarin oriental earlier, must say that the lobby certainly has a more exclusive feel. Will certainly give MO a try the next visit and maybe, just maybe, after my 2nd stay there, when I check in they will at least greet me, with a "welcome back ms..." Which 4 seasons failed to do.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elmo B

Dear Elmo,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us again.

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectation in terms of our room and service. It would be great to connect with you via email so that I can personally address your concerns and offer further assistance. Please feel free to email me directly at byron.chong@fourseasons.com.

Again, thank you very much for taking your valued time sharing your candid feedback with us, which will definitely help us become a better hotel. I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel didn't disappoint. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are spectacular. The Executive club is wonderful. Stayed there for business and was more than pleased. My room was clean and comfortable and quiet. The gym was fantastic.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view!!!!

Dear Valerie

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is really appreciated that you took valued time to rate us and share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you liked our room, staff and executive lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Couldn't fault my stay at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was immaculately kept. The breakfast was excellent. Plus they left delicious chocolate cakes in the room! The only small problem is that the spa doesn't have a proper sauna for women, although there is one in the mens.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear holl45

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is really appreciated that you took valued time to rate us and share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel, service and breakfast. Thank you for the feedback about the spa and I have already shared with concerned departments for special attention and future improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.