“Extraordinary view. Amazing decoration. Nice staff. And of course, expensive.”

Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou
Ranked #4 of 3,396 Hotels in Guangzhou
Guangzhou, China
“Extraordinary view. Amazing decoration. Nice staff. And of course, expensive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I spent one night there with my wife and little girl of 9 months old for a celebration of 2th wedding anniversary. The staff were nice and helpful. The room was excellent, facing the Pearl river and the Guangzhou Tower. Both room was amazing.

Should be the most luxury hotel in South China.

Room Tip: I think no matter facing the river or the city, both are good. But the bath room should be big.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear jimmy s,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you and your family had a good experience in our hotel and you are parcicularly pleased by our amazing room and helpful staff. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will do our best to ensure your future stays are as enjoyable as this one.

Byron Chong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Amazing City, Great People and the Hotel was 5 Star all the way, restaurants were very good as well as the lounge which thankfully was open late. The rooms on the higher floors has great views except for the consistent smog which is the norm in the area.

Room Tip: As usual 4 seasons lived up to it's reputation. Structurally amazing facility, great service the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Steven_East,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit and it was a pleasure having you staying with us.

Your description of the accommodation, the food and the quality of service you received from the staff is exactly what we strive for. It means a great deal to our people to know how much their efforts are appreciated and, as is our custom I have shared your comment with our entire management team and staff to enjoy. After all, there is no better motivation than your words of praise for a job well-done.

Again, we value and appreciate your patronage of Four Seasons Hotels Guangzhou.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

guangzhou
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Excellent Hotel. Fantastic Views of the city on a Clear Day. Great Spacious new rooms .Great Location close to many shops and Bars Good Professional English Speaking Staff,and very good Value for Money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank thetavern
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear thetavern,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our room and felt satisfied with our staff and service. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will do our best to ensure your future stays are as enjoyable as this one.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

believe Four seasons GZ have the best hardware, and my family glad to choose it next time. thanks to the girl in front desk who helped us upgrade our room to business suite. Both of bed room the bath room have good decoration, we got very good experience in this travel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 604sworder
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear 604sworder,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you and your family had a very good experience in our hotel and you are parcicularly pleased by our front desk service. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will do our best to ensure your future stays are as enjoyable as this one.

Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Coming to this hotel is tricky, if you come by subway. Take B2 exit an then just walk straight (hotel should add some signs).

The whole mini-bar can be bought 200 metres from the hotel for the price of one drink they charge you. And the ripoff doesn't end there.
Prepare for sky-high prices in the Tian bar at 100th floor, although the view is amazing.

Throughout the hotel the internet is really bad. Not bad, but really bad!
And they will charge you if you use two devices. That is, your wife can surf and you can watch out of the windows and wait! No thanks!

Also, cleaning should be improved.
The couch in the room 7710 has visible stains, I don't understand how they couldn't work on that.
And the hair dryer was broken.

On the plus side you get a decent size bath tub, nice views, nice bed.
And no free chocolates or everything, but they will sell you a cake for the price of a dinner downtown.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Upon ground floor entry, I wasn't allowed into the elevator by a doorman on the ground floor claiming it was too late for breakfast and too early for lunch and I should return another time so as to not disturb the guests. I told him I want to talk to the manager, to which the ground floor doorboy responded via body language by moving out of the way between me and the elevator and raised his hand as if giving me permission to pass his initial refusal to enter . . . I arrived on the 70th floor which is the lobby of the hotel and I was asked if I wanted anything to drink so I ordered a hamburger, but got a cheeseburger and it was overcooked, but smelling the burger made me think it was safer overcooked then medium rare as I usually prefer. The french fries were terrible. They were somehow hard and gritty textured. Of course I got sick from eating it. The best thing about this place is the views, if it happens to be a clear day in Guangzhou which was for about 1 day out of 40 I have witnessed. The decoration and architecture are definitely nice, but at twice the price of the ritz carlton only a few hundred feet away, I can say the Ritz-carlton staff are really much better trained for hospitality than the four seasons. If I am going to spend over $250 per night for the smallest and cheapest room, (not to mention the $500/night the Four Seasons asks) not including any breakfast or any upgrades, I think there are plenty of other much better value for money hotels in Guangzhou.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike S
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Four Seasons Guangzhou Hotel is one of the most incredible hotel i have stayed on.We stayed there for 2 Nights during Chinese New Year period.But As the title:“Everything is very good,except the time wait for the service is too long".

Room Tip: The bed is a little small
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear RUIZHI S,

First of all, thank you very much for being our recent guest and sharing your experience with us.

I was pleased to hear that you found everything was very good and appreciate you bringing up the speed of service to my attention, which I have already shared with my team for attention.

We apologize for the inconveniences thus may have caused to you. Should I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me directly at byron.chong@fourseasons.com.

Again, thank you very much for taking your valued time sharing your candid feedback with us, which will definitely help us become a better hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Yours sincerely,