“excellent but a bit of room for improvement” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou

Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou
Ranked #3 of 3,386 Hotels in Guangzhou
Hong Kong, China
“excellent but a bit of room for improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

by many metrics, it is an awesome hotel. the rooms are large and comfortable. the service is a bit off from other Four Seasons. the food is not nearly as good as you read. The club floor is weaker than other Four Seasons properties. Good Location.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Exline,

First of all, thank you very much for being our recent guest and sharing your experience with us.

I was pleased to hear that you rated our hotel as excellent, particularly found our rooms comfortable.

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectation in terms of our service and food. It would be great to connect with you via email so that I can personally address your concerns and offer further assistance. Please feel free to email me directly at byron.chong@fourseasons.com.

Again, thank you very much for taking your valued time sharing your candid feedback with us, which will definitely help us become a better hotel. I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Yours sincerely,
Byron Chong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Nice view of Guangzhou, spacious chambre and top swimming pool. The view of Guanghzou is excellent. The room is very big.

We also had some drinks in TIan Bar in 99th floor, very nice place.

Will definitely come back.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Superlative room--modern, clean, well designed-- with wonderful view. Excellent lap pool--a great choice for swimmers. Mattress was extremely confortable. Sushi dinner at hotel was terrific. Overall, a 10 out of 10.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Jack322,

Thank you very much for being our recent guest and sharing your experience with us.

I was very glad to hear that your overall stay was enjoyable and comfortable, especially with our room, pool and sushi dinner at Japanese restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Till then, my best wishes!

Warmest regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Great hotel and an amazing experience. Stayed here on business for 1 week. Rooms sizes are great, gym is large and restaurants are superb. Rooms rates are ok, but you pay top dollar for everything else. The quality of food in the "western" restaurants are as good as any top restaurant in the world. They must have foreign trained or imported chefs. Even the pastries for breakfast are as good as France. You wont get the "real" chinese experience here, but if you want comfort and quality, you can't go wrong at this hotel.

Room Tip: Took a car from Hong Kong. 2 1/2 hours ride on very good roads. Just need to avoid peak times at t...
2 Thank Peripatetic_Pro
Dear Peripatetic_Pro,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent business trip. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our room, gym and restaurants, particularly about our western food. I will certainly share your complimentary comments wiht our chef team. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will do our best to ensure your future stays are as enjoyable as this one.

Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Warm regards,
Zhongshan, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Excellent hotel, with spectacular view on a fine day. Rooms are well appointed with all you need at your fingertips.

Good dinning and bars to relax in, with friendly and attentive staff waiting to assist you with any assistance they can provide.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Firstly I was upgraded to an excellent suite on the 92nd level. The rooms and their amentities were outstanding. To me what let the hotel down was the food outlets. I had breakfast in the Cafe Mondo and dinner in Catch. In both restuarants I had to sit at stools. I found this quite uncomfortable. The food in Cafe Mondo was what I would expect in a hotel of this rating. I was disappointed in the food in Catch.

I am not certain if I would stay at the hotel again or not. Its in a great location near many of the landmarks in Guangzhou.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
fsguangzhou, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Happytraveller2211,

I was pleased to hear that you like our suite and room amenities.

We were truly upset to learn of your dining experience at our Caffe Mondo and Catch, particularly about seating in both restaurants and the food at Catch. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences thus have caused to you, and hope this would not stop you from returning to us next time. It would be great to connect with you via email so that I can personally address your concerns and offer further assistance. Please feel free to email me directly at byron.chong@fourseasons.com.

Yours sincerely,
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel was nice, it has clean and cozy room plus an excellent view, you can see the whole city from your room. But unfortunately, the service was poor, the staff was friendly, but it seemed they just say "yes" to your request and didn't work for it, I was asking for mobile charger and I have to call 3 times for it. I was ordered some drinks for me and my colleague and they didn't give it to us until we have to leave and my colleague have to drink his whisky in hurry. We held an event on the ballroom and my colleague and staff have the same opinion, the service was poor. It should be the major concern since they claim as a 5 stars hotel. They should provide the staff training or something to improve their service quality.

• 2 of 5 bubbles