“Excellent choice of stay in Guangzhou”

Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
Ranked #1 of 3,396 Hotels in Guangzhou
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent choice of stay in Guangzhou”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Everything was excellent in terms of the quality of stay, but only the location might not be too familiar for cab drivers and it is quite difficult to catch taxis around the area. Room services are excellent and workers in the hotel are genuine and kind.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thanks for your brief review of your recent experience with us. I am delighted to read that you made an " Excellent choice of stay in Guangzhou".

I am please that our room service was excellent and the team made such a positive impression. I would agree with your assessment that the location maybe not familiar with our location and we are working togther with the taxi company to improve this.

We certainly hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warm wishes,
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou for almost 6 months prior to moving into my own apartment. Location is fantastic with close proximity to major shopping malls and CBD.

Services from all levels exceeded my expectations in particular Grace from Housekeeping and Anita from Front Office as well as the manager and supervisor in the dining room.

I have no hesitation to recommend this hotel to those who plan to visit Guangzhou.

Thanks for the great stay!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your "great" review of your recent experience with us.

Thank you for your comments about our service. Rest assured that I am excited to know that Grace, Antia and dining room team made such a positive impression. I will certainly use your comments to motivate the rest of our team to ensure they make a similar impression in future.

I am delighted to hear that you will recommend our property to others visiting Guangzhou, please reach out to me directly if I can help in any way

Macau, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had the pleasure of taking my elderly father on a journey through China with it culminating in a two day stay at Oakwood. Shane Langdon and his team provided the ideal finish to the trip which was pretty exhausting. The service levels are excellent and the facility is unbeatable value...it provided us with a tremendous finish to the trip and my dad has very fond memories of China!

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast menu is well planned and the meals a good start to a tourist's day. Thanks again to the staff of Oakwood and I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Glenn,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write review of your recent experience with us. It's always wonderful to welcome back guests to our property.

I am delighted to hear that you experienced " Another great stay" and that our team provided the ideal finish to your trip.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast menu and it was a great start to the day.

We do always aim to impress and of course it's always wonderful to know when we get things right.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Oakwood in the near future

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We keep coming back as it is too good to miss. It's our 3rd visit this year and won't be our last. On business it's great, lots of space to spread out, v good fast Internet and all the facilities are here. Love the pool and gym. Breakfast has to be one of the best available in China, and if you want something special, they will make it for you. Has to be best value for your money around.

• Stayed May 2013
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Doug,

First of all, thank YOU for your " Perfect" review of your recent experience with us. It's always wonderful to welcome back guests to our property

I am delighted to her you loved the facilities including the gym and pool, in addition i am happy to hear that you rate our breakfast as one of the best available in China

Thank you again for rating us so highly. I look forward to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to reconnect with me if I can help further in any way.

Until then, thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Warm wishes
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just back from China & stayed at the Oakwood in GZ.
Very good experience and for the first time ever, I brought home a suitcase of clean clothes... as every room has its own washing machine!!!!
The food is excellent and compliments to the Chef and his team.
But the best part was ordering a take away lunch for the Canton Fair (Fresh sandwich/ drink/ fruit) all for a great price.
Will definately be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Lou K.

Thank you for taking the time to share your "Excellent" review of your recent experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that you liked our take away sandwich concept.

I am also happy to hear you were impressed by our food and I will pass on your feedback to our chef and his team.

Lou K, thanks again for sharing your thoughts here and I hope that we will once again welcome you both back next time. Dont leave it too long!

All the best and warm wishes
Sterling Heights, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

i knew this was a serviced apartment and really appreciated having a living room space to relax on a couch rather than always laying in bed to watch TV like in other hotels.

I just expected a higher level of cleanliness for the price i paid.

My room had a weird odor throughout most of it. There were some "fruit flies"(not sure if referenced differently in China) in the bathtub when i got in my room that i rinsed away.

Location was great. Close to a 7 story mall. The food in the lounge was really good. I just will remember the odor in my room when i think about this hotel.

When i go back to Guangzhou i will definitely stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: ask for one with a clean smell:)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello Ryan G,

First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience with us.

Needless to say I am sorry to hear that we left you having mixed feelings about Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, We certainly do aim to impress at every level.

I like to apologize for the "weird odor throughout your room" you experienced during your stay, however the hotel did not recieve any complaint and as a result were not given the opportunity to turn the negative into a postive experience.

So thank you for your comments. Rest assured we take them to heart and I hope that you reach out to me in the future should you ever consider a return trip to Guangzhou. It would be my pleasure to show you that we can indeed provide the experience which will leave you with much stronger positive feelings next time!

Wageningen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

For just sleeping it is just an excellent place to stay. Room was already available when I arrived at 08:00 AM, a big plus! Nice restaurant for breakfast but do not expect the usual extra's like swimming pool, bare etc. Room looks like a apartment and has all the stuuf you would expect from a "hotel" like this, nothing to complain about, very comfy bed. In front of hotel is a 711 if you need something basic.Not many interesting things to see or do around the hotel but if you go for a longer walk you can find malls,restaurants etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello RoyWageningen

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experiences at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou. Needless to say I am happy to hear that you thought the property was very nice and liked our restaurant for breakfast.

I do feel it necessary to share certain additional information to clarify the situation for the benefit of other readers.

The property does have a swimming pool which is located on the 12th floor, and there is ample signage informing our guests of our pool. Secondly we are located within 5 minutes walking distance to Grand View Mall, offering a large variety of shops from designer labels to market type stalls on the lower level.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I certainly hope that you will indeed return to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou in the future and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in person next time.