“Another great stay at Oakwood”

Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
Ranked #1 of 3,480 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had the pleasure of taking my elderly father on a journey through China with it culminating in a two day stay at Oakwood. Shane Langdon and his team provided the ideal finish to the trip which was pretty exhausting. The service levels are excellent and the facility is unbeatable value...it provided us with a tremendous finish to the trip and my dad has very fond memories of China!

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast menu is well planned and the meals a good start to a tourist's day. Thanks again to the staff of Oakwood and I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Glenn,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write review of your recent experience with us. It's always wonderful to welcome back guests to our property.

I am delighted to hear that you experienced " Another great stay" and that our team provided the ideal finish to your trip.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast menu and it was a great start to the day.

We do always aim to impress and of course it's always wonderful to know when we get things right.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Oakwood in the near future

There are newer reviews for Oakwood Premier Guangzhou

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We keep coming back as it is too good to miss. It's our 3rd visit this year and won't be our last. On business it's great, lots of space to spread out, v good fast Internet and all the facilities are here. Love the pool and gym. Breakfast has to be one of the best available in China, and if you want something special, they will make it for you. Has to be best value for your money around.

• Stayed: May 2013
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Doug,

First of all, thank YOU for your " Perfect" review of your recent experience with us. It's always wonderful to welcome back guests to our property

I am delighted to her you loved the facilities including the gym and pool, in addition i am happy to hear that you rate our breakfast as one of the best available in China

Thank you again for rating us so highly. I look forward to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to reconnect with me if I can help further in any way.

Until then, thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Warm wishes

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just back from China & stayed at the Oakwood in GZ.
Very good experience and for the first time ever, I brought home a suitcase of clean clothes... as every room has its own washing machine!!!!
The food is excellent and compliments to the Chef and his team.
But the best part was ordering a take away lunch for the Canton Fair (Fresh sandwich/ drink/ fruit) all for a great price.
Will definately be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Lou K.

Thank you for taking the time to share your "Excellent" review of your recent experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that you liked our take away sandwich concept.

I am also happy to hear you were impressed by our food and I will pass on your feedback to our chef and his team.

Lou K, thanks again for sharing your thoughts here and I hope that we will once again welcome you both back next time. Dont leave it too long!

All the best and warm wishes

Reviewed April 24, 2013

i knew this was a serviced apartment and really appreciated having a living room space to relax on a couch rather than always laying in bed to watch TV like in other hotels.

I just expected a higher level of cleanliness for the price i paid.

My room had a weird odor throughout most of it. There were some "fruit flies"(not sure if referenced differently in China) in the bathtub when i got in my room that i rinsed away.

Location was great. Close to a 7 story mall. The food in the lounge was really good. I just will remember the odor in my room when i think about this hotel.

When i go back to Guangzhou i will definitely stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: ask for one with a clean smell:)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Hello Ryan G,

First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience with us.

Needless to say I am sorry to hear that we left you having mixed feelings about Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, We certainly do aim to impress at every level.

I like to apologize for the "weird odor throughout your room" you experienced during your stay, however the hotel did not recieve any complaint and as a result were not given the opportunity to turn the negative into a postive experience.

So thank you for your comments. Rest assured we take them to heart and I hope that you reach out to me in the future should you ever consider a return trip to Guangzhou. It would be my pleasure to show you that we can indeed provide the experience which will leave you with much stronger positive feelings next time!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

For just sleeping it is just an excellent place to stay. Room was already available when I arrived at 08:00 AM, a big plus! Nice restaurant for breakfast but do not expect the usual extra's like swimming pool, bare etc. Room looks like a apartment and has all the stuuf you would expect from a "hotel" like this, nothing to complain about, very comfy bed. In front of hotel is a 711 if you need something basic.Not many interesting things to see or do around the hotel but if you go for a longer walk you can find malls,restaurants etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Hello RoyWageningen

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experiences at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou. Needless to say I am happy to hear that you thought the property was very nice and liked our restaurant for breakfast.

I do feel it necessary to share certain additional information to clarify the situation for the benefit of other readers.

The property does have a swimming pool which is located on the 12th floor, and there is ample signage informing our guests of our pool. Secondly we are located within 5 minutes walking distance to Grand View Mall, offering a large variety of shops from designer labels to market type stalls on the lower level.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I certainly hope that you will indeed return to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou in the future and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in person next time.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Staying here for my first contact with China, certainly helped improved my impression on my new home for two years. The hotel itself. Is beautifully decorated with a moden Chinese flavour and the staff at the reception could not be faulted, in fact all the staff were pleasant and helpful.

The room was large and comfortable, I particularly liked the steam bath and the TV in the bathroom to catch up with the latest news. The only down side with it was the water leaked out of the shower cubicle every time and the floor became slippery, in addition I found that the tap water had a very strong and unpleasant smell.

The location was excellent for Tianhe area, within walking distance to Metro, shopping and dining. The surrounding area was clean and pleasant.

Would certainly stay there again and have no qualms in recommending this hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Roberta,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experiences at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou. Needless to say I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time and found the property " luxurious and convenient".

I am delighted to hear you found the reception staff could not be faulted and all the staff were pleasent and helpful, I will pass on this feedback to our staff.

I am sorry that you encountered issues with the water leaking out of the shower cubicle and the strong unpleasant smell from the tap water. Our engineering team has inspected the room you were in and as such has fixed the problem.

Overall however I am delighted to know that you left us with wonderful memories and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon...and rest assured we will be aiming for five stars next time!

Until then, thank you again and warmest wishes

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my "Home" for more than three months.
Tastefully designed , comfortable , friendly and flexible atmosphere is what triggered myself and my husband to stay on for more than 3 months .
Special mention goes out to Tina - from housekeeping division who did a personalised on time job. and Oscar - Who is at the main entrance - was simply fabulous !
Thank u so much for making our stay memorable
Staff are the biggest asset of Oakwood.
We made friends with the General Manager and his wife who were so nice to us in every possible way .
They go out of their way to make their guests' days
This is certainly THE BEST place to stay in Guangzhou .
Cheers
Madhara

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hello Madzi V,

Thank you for such an amazing review of your recent experience with us.

I am honestly so excited to see that you have such great impressions and memories of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything from the room to the friendly and flexible atmosphere.

I am delighted many of our team made such an impression, and I will pass on the feedback to Oscar and Tina for their oustanding work to ensure you had a memorable stay.

Thank you again for such a positive review and of course I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

In the meantime, please accept warm wishes from us all.