“so big”

Ranked #1 of 3,446 Hotels in Guangzhou
Montreal, Canada
“so big”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

everything about this hotel is big.
this is not a hotel, but fully equipped apartments. very modern and clean. Ridiculous number of tv's (in my apartment there was five). Slower than would have liked check in and check out.
good breakfast.
Best for larger parties.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Zushmoo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy that overall you had a postive experience with us, and enjoyed our big rooms and fully equipped apartment.
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed by our breakfast buffet, as this has been a focus of the property to improve, and will continually to improve.
I would appreciate if you could contact me via shane.langdon@oakwoodasia.com to discuss your check in and check out experience.

Once thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Oakwood premier Guangzhou.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed at Oakwood Premier and was very impressed by my room and the facilities associated with the hotel. My room was well equipped with a modern, up to date kitchen, washing machine, terrific cable tv - lots of English speaking channels (great for relaxing in the evening) and a very comfortable bed.
Convenient location of the hotel allows for great shopping with 2 large malls nearby and lots of fabulous restaurants.
Friendly, knowledgeable staff and service.
Will stay here on my next visit to Guangzhou and am recommending it to several friends and business acquaintances.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Joni,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Guangzhou and for taking the time to share your comments with us and fellow travelers.

I am delighted to read that you were impressed by the property including the room, facilties and location. I am maybe bias however agree our rooms, facilities and location is on of the best in Guangzhou.

It is fantastic to read that all our staff made a postive impression with you and will pass this information on to them.

Joni, thank you once again for staying with us and it would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back in the future and be of service to you again.

Executive Assistant Managerr
MUMBAI
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed in the 3 bedroom suite as there were 6 of us. The suite was very well done and looked quite opulent. The kitchen area is quite decent and has sensors which turn the lights on in the area you're in! It had everything we expected to have in a serviced apartment.
The only downside was that the rooms were of different sizes, which we should've checked prior to booking. While the master bedroom was quite large and had a great view, the smallest room had just enough place for a bed and side tables. Also, only the master bedroom had an attached toilet (with a jacuzzi), which was a bummer for those of us who had to share the common loo.
The staff was polite, and the bellboys were very helpful in carrying our bags, hailing cabs, as well as, providing info on where to head out!
Overall, it was a great stay. If only the other 2 rooms were more spacious.

Room Tip: Call dibs on the master bedroom!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Dhruv S

Thank you for sharing your feedback online with everyone here.

I am delighted you were impressed by our rooms and kitchen area. I will pass on your postive feedback to our staff in addidtion I am happy to hear that our bellboys were very helpful during your stay.

Once again thank you for your postive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou in the near future.

Asuncion
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our visit to the Canton Fair last october. Since I was traveling with my brother, we booked a two bedroom apartment. The hotel facilities and the rooms are very nice since the hotel is new. The location is great. It is very close to two large shopping centers, and only 15 minutes away from the Fair by bus.
However, the service needs to be improved. Not all the hotel staff spoke English. I had a very difficult time at the business center. I asked for assistance since there is no one at the center. A lady came 20 minutes later, and even then, we had a lot of difficulties having some documents done.
We noticed that service in general needs great improvement in China. And although the hotel has great facilities, service is something that must improve.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Asuncion,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us recently.

I am certainly sorry that we missed the mark on the areas you highlight and rest assured that we will use such comments to continually improve.

Needless to say I am disappointed when such items can overshadow all the positives aspects that you mention, especially when it seems you enjoyed the rooms, facilities and location..

I can only hope that you will visit us again one day and reach out to me so I can coordinate a return visit to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou to show you that we can indeed provide a flawless experience.

Warm wsihes
Pune, India
Reviewed November 20, 2012

one of the best places, i have stayed in my recent memory.. complete kitchen setup with all amenities provided. i loved the stay here. incidentally. my birthday fell during the stay, the hotel staff found out through my records and treated me to a set of handmade chocolates!!!

really loved the service attitude and smiling, courteous staff. one more +point, all staff is well versed in english. the location is next to subway stations and big malls. commute is very easy.

Room Tip: gym and swimming pool have great equipment as well
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Mishi_Prashant

A huge thank you for taking the time to share you comments here. It's always wonderful to hear when we manage to exceed expectations. Or even better when we create an experience way beyond any expectation.

I am delighted to see that you found everything from our amenities to our customer service and location to your liking and I hope it wont be the last time we see you here in Guangzhou.

Rest assured your comments will be communicated to the team and on behalf of all the staff at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou thank you

Warm wishes
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed at Oakwood Premier for two nights and were very impressed by the facilities of the hotel. Our room is well equipped with a kitchen, a washer, a nice bathroom and comfortable beddings. Large modern TV in the lounge and a small flat TV in the bathroom.

The location is very convenient as it is a short walk to some really good Chinese restaurants.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. If there is anything this hotel needs improvement, I would say the management need to provide better training to the concierge staff. The concierge need to have good local knowledge about places for sightseeing, dining, shopping etc.

Overall, we are very happy with our stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and would happily recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Qipao,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to hear that you were impressed by our facilities and enjoyed our location, I may be biased however I believe our facilities, rooms and location is one of the best in Guangzhou.

I am delighted to hear that our staff were helpful and friendly during your staff, however I am disappointed that our concierge team let us and yourself down by not being able to provide better knowledge of the surrounding areas and Guangzhou, this has been communicated to the front office manager and she will ensure that training will be conducted to improve this area.

Once again thank you for your feedback, as only with feedback like this we can improve our product and service.

it would be our pleasure to welcome you back and show a perfect experience next time...

Warm wishes
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 13, 2012

really love this hotel. the room is very spacious. has a living area, complete kitchen stuff, and has a washing machine. location is good. a few minutes walk to one link mall and grandview mall. around 10 mins walk to taikoo hui and tee mall. subway is also 5-8 minutes walk. overall, it is a very good hotel with a very reasonable price tag.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Rudyrafalee,

Thank you for sharing your postive comments, I am delighted you had such a great stay with us and love the property, its room and central location.

Of course we would love to welcome you back to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, whetehr it be for business or simply just for a well needed escape.

Until then, thank you again.