“Great location and facilities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Guangzhou

Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
Ranked #2 of 3,047 Hotels in Guangzhou
Canberra, Australia
“Great location and facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed at Oakwood Premier for two nights and were very impressed by the facilities of the hotel. Our room is well equipped with a kitchen, a washer, a nice bathroom and comfortable beddings. Large modern TV in the lounge and a small flat TV in the bathroom.

The location is very convenient as it is a short walk to some really good Chinese restaurants.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. If there is anything this hotel needs improvement, I would say the management need to provide better training to the concierge staff. The concierge need to have good local knowledge about places for sightseeing, dining, shopping etc.

Overall, we are very happy with our stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and would happily recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Qipao,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to hear that you were impressed by our facilities and enjoyed our location, I may be biased however I believe our facilities, rooms and location is one of the best in Guangzhou.

I am delighted to hear that our staff were helpful and friendly during your staff, however I am disappointed that our concierge team let us and yourself down by not being able to provide better knowledge of the surrounding areas and Guangzhou, this has been communicated to the front office manager and she will ensure that training will be conducted to improve this area.

Once again thank you for your feedback, as only with feedback like this we can improve our product and service.

it would be our pleasure to welcome you back and show a perfect experience next time...

Warm wishes
Shane Langdon
Executive Assistant Manager
shane.langdon@oakwoodasia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

really love this hotel. the room is very spacious. has a living area, complete kitchen stuff, and has a washing machine. location is good. a few minutes walk to one link mall and grandview mall. around 10 mins walk to taikoo hui and tee mall. subway is also 5-8 minutes walk. overall, it is a very good hotel with a very reasonable price tag.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Rudyrafalee,

Thank you for sharing your postive comments, I am delighted you had such a great stay with us and love the property, its room and central location.

Of course we would love to welcome you back to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, whetehr it be for business or simply just for a well needed escape.

Until then, thank you again.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a great place to stay at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou. The staffs were great, prompt to our request.

It a good location with nearby shops and restaurants. Love the place. Will be back again on this coming 11/11/12. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello Oakwood Traveller,

First of all, thank you for writing such a nice brief review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted our service and property made such a postive impression on you during your stay.
Also happy that you found our location convenient to shops and restaurant I may be biased, but I believe our location is perfect ..private enough to feel you can escape everything, but only a short drive away from everything that Guangzhou has to offer.

So thank you again for your amazing review.

Of course I certainly hope we will welcome you back again 11/11/12. Please contact me directly on shane.langdon@oakwoodasia.com

So thank you again for your amazing review.
auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

As a frequent visitor to canton fair I have arrived a few 5 star hotels. While they are all very nice, this property is as good as any for half the price. Yes it is not exactly a5star resort with all the 5 star services. But it is pretty damn close and I found it excellent value for money. The room was stunning. Ask for a high floor. The view was incredible. I booked one of their cheaper rooms and it was massive. Really more an apartment than a room. Fruit and water was topped up daily. Modcons inside the room were top notch. Very hi tech indeed including a steamer in the bathroom. Could not fault the room for comfort.

I don't know why other reviewers said the location is not good. I found it very close to everything and was far better than other hotels I stayed at in the newer area like grand Hyatt where there is nothing nearby so you have to eat at the hotel. There is a massive shopping centre across the road with 200+ stores and at least 30 restaurants. The street is very nice to walk on with lots if activity and seemed very safe.

The breakfast was ok but definitely not quite 5 star. Choices are a little thin. But quality is good.

Overall for the price I could not fault the hotel. It is half the price of other 5 star hotels and not far off the pace. I will be back

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank specialk23
Dear SpecialK23,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent experience at Oakwood Premier Guangzhoui.

I am delighted to hear that you were " impressed " by our property and I totally agree our rooms are stunning, huge with incredible views. I was thrilled you enjoyed our breakfast and impressed by the quality. I appreciate the feedback regarding the choice was a little thin, at breakfast and will address this with our kitchen team.

Thanks again for your glowing review and as I often say, please reach out to me directly if I can help to coordinate a return visit soon.

We will be waiting to hear from you.

shane.langdon@oakwoodasia.com
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was awesome staying here. Excellent apartment. Very very comfortable. Very very clean. Staff very friendly and super helpful. Location couldn't get better. Breakfast was very good. Kids play area very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Salonisingh,

Thank you for such an amazing five star review of your recent experience at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

I am always thrilled that so many of our team members made such an impact on your stay, I will pass on your feedback to the team.

And we are not standing still, we will continue to improve our standards and products to ensure all our guests give us a five star review.

certainly do hope this wont be the last time we welcome you back to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou and invite you to contact me directly in future if I can ever assist in any way.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I chose the Oakwood based on the reviews here and having just returned from my stay, I have to wonder what types of hotels other reviewers had stayed in prior to staying at the Oakwood. Yes, the apartments are very nice and well-kept, but I found the service seriously lacking and the food - aside from breakfast - to be even worse. In fairness, it is not a full service hotel. These are serviced apartments. If I were going to be in Guangzhou for a long period of time, I would likely choose this as my long stay option. But for a short stay when your schedule is hectic and you need more services/conveniences, this is not ideal. The location is awkward - I had to tell the taxi driver where it was! Thank God I have a good sense of direction and have frequently traveled in China! No. Not a first choice. Stay at the Sofitel for a true "hotel" experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Margaret w,

First of all, a huge thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us.
While we are disappointed to see you marked us so lowly, I would agree with the positive point that you found with your experience.

I am really sorry to hear that our service let us down and as a result provided you a negative experience during you stay, our ever growing team is certainly still improving in certain areas and it is feedback such as this which helps to motivate us forward. I would appreciate if you could email me directly shane.langdon@oakwoodasia.com to explain in details where and which areas the service was not up to standard.

The property has just recruited a new head chef which came on board this week and she has been given the task to improve the quality of the food and presentation in the property.

As we are a new property in Guangzhou the taxi drivers are still having trouble finding the hotel and its location, we are addressing this with addidtional signage and implementing taxi cards for a customers with a map on it to assist the driver.

Again, I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a review. I hope you will accept my offer to contact me directly, as I would love to show you that we can improve on our negatvies and to ensure that next time, you cant resist but to give us five stars.
Hastings, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at oakwood premier Guangzhou for trade fair and have to say it is a good location with close proximity to fair location and safe central city location with nearby restaurants, shops, malls and banks. Staff were friendly, Rooms clean and easy movement in and out of hotel. Left luggage facilities good.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear aaronpryce,

Thank you for your "Great" review of your recent Oakwood Premier Guangzhou experience.

often say that it is easy to build a beautiful property. However it is the team inside that truly marks a good property to a great one. So I am thrilled to read such positive comments about our team and how they managed to truly make such a difference to your experience here.

Of course we would be thrilled to welcome you back in the future and of course we will do our best to raise our standards even higher for you next time. We will consider it our very own challenge to earn and receive a five star rating next time for sure!