“Pleasant and comfortable place esp for longer stays”

Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
Ranked #1 of 3,506 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The apartment is very comfortable and well furnished. You will have a nice restful and pleasant stay. All the creature comforts were in place. Service level was prompt albeit functional but then again this is a large hotel and not a boutique. The views frm the apartments were impressive.

Location - It is in the new part of Guangzhou. Which means near to financial/office districts and large modern shopping complexes. So this suits the business travellers to the tee and those who need their international branded purchases. However if you are a tourist with a mission to see the historical sights, then it is not so suitable. The best sights are located in the old city, which is 20-30mins drive away. You are better off staying near Shamian 'island' area.

FandB -There is only one restaurant that doubles up as the bar and lounge. Pity, as it would be more cosy to have a separate lounge area for chilling out and enjoying the city views. The breakfast buffer offerings are adequate but in terms of quality, only average.

So on the whole, I have no big negatives , would rate it as nice but not outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Navigator22,

First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

I am glad that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us, I agree the apartments are all well furnished, comfortable and the views are impressive. I am delighted that you recognized are prompt service, as we strive to impressive with our service levels.
I am sorry to hear that our breakfast buffet offerings lacked the quality and will address this with our kitchen team to improve the standards.

Once again thank you for your feedback as only with such feedback we can improve our product and service, and I certainly hope that I have the chance to welcome you back future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I go to guangzhou for business all the time and tried this new hotel.. overall i would say it is only average.. Room was very nice and big, it even comes with a kitchen but I normally don't cook food on business trip... The buffet area is so small, only a few dishes for breakfast so they can improve on that.. But the most important is the location.. It is not on main road so hard to get transport..

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there for one night. Frankly, we expected more for that price. The location is a bit awkward and not close to anything. This is a serviced apartment and if you are looking for a hotel where you can chill out inside it, this is a wrong choice. The steamer in the bathroom is rather temperamental, it came on and off and almost flooded the bathroom and when i called someone to fix it, they sent someone who had no idea how to.

All in all, very average, i would not recommend it unless there is special offer.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank King_of_HK

Dear King_of_HK,
First of all thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I would certainly like to apologize for letting you down on the certain service issue you highlighted. I thank you for the feedback as it is only with such feedback that we can truly improve in the future. We at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou take such comments incredibly seriously and we are addressing this to ensure we reach the expectations of all our guests.

Again thank you for your candid review and rest assured we have listened and always striving to improve our product and service

Reviewed October 4, 2012

From the moment we arrived and were directed to the check in on level 15 we loved this place. The staff are so helpful. Everyone can speak English or do their very best.
Our room was excellent. We had a two bedroom apartment for our family of four with all the amenities required for a family of four including a dryer with washing machine and full kitchen.
Very luxurious. The beds were fantastic and never once did we wake up sore.
The inhouse restaurant is fantastic and has a great European as well as Asian selections. The menu was probably a bit too extensive. Breakfast was superb. Something for everyone
We made great use of the pool, spa, sauna and gym facilities which are all amazing. We would thoroughly reccommend this Hotel. We felt very safe in this area and wandered over to the local mall without any concerns. Our family loved our time here.

Room Tip: Request a non smoking floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Andrea,
Thank you for such a glowing review, myself and the team appreciate the postive feedback. I am thirlled to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Oakwood Premier Gunagzhou and look forward to welcoming you back to again.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

this was my first time staying in this hotel and I found that the room was superb!!! I stayed in the normal room and I found it amazing that it is equipped with a kitchen and washing machine. since I didn't bring enough clothes this time for my business trip, I did have to wash my clothes and it was very helpful.. However, the maintenance of the room can be improved because my shower room glass door was loosen and it kept rubbing/scratching the stone floor, which made it very difficult to open and quite dangerous shall I really push it hard without carefully opening it..

However, I found that their breakfast buffet lack choices, there are only around 6-7 hot dishes and not that many choices of bread (compare to other bigger hotel) . But the overall feeling is ok..

But in terms of location, I found that it is quite bad because it is sitting on "tiyu East road" and I would strongly suggest NOT to check in during peak hour (around 5:30-8pm), it took me a long time just to get into their hotel door (by taxi), since Tiyu East road is not the main road, huge traffic jam during that time..

Overall, the experience was good and I do suggest them to add more choices on their buffet

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank peter218
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed there last weekend in a one bedroom apartment.
Every thing about our stay was wonderful. Good service, good quality , superb breakfast and convenient location in the heart of the city.
The apartment was fully equiped , not a single detail was missing.
Congratulations to mr. Lim , the General Manager who is running the business in such a professional way.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

3. Breakfast
4. Price.
5. service
6. Overall feeling –would I come back

Oakwood will earn all of the 6 with high score.
As so – it is one of the best hotels in Guangzhou and I have been in many of them
In the past 20 years.
I must say that the rooms are very special by far from any other hotel and give you a real coddling.
So I would recommend it very warmly and hope that it would stay with the same standards in the future.

Room Tip: Near to metro stations as well as to 2 big malls.recomended hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business