“How can this place be Number 1 in Guangzhou? Its Terrible.”

Bosphorus Premium Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 7,277 Restaurants in Guangzhou
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I use TripAdvisor where ever to guide me on my eating experiences where ever I go. The only reason that I went here was that it is listed Number 1 on TripAdvisor. How can this be the number one place to eat over the local Guangzhou cuisine. I feel that I have been tricked into going to a place that should never be at the top of the list. The whole experience was very terrible. I go to a restaurant to eat well and relax and by the time the meal was over I felt rather stressed out thanks to overbilling me and poor quality food.

Overall the quality of the food is not good. I spend a lot of time in the middle east and have eaten a lot of this style of food and that has always been much better.

We arrived early evening as is the custom in China and had to wait to be seated.

The waiting staff seemed to forget that we where sat there and when the waiter finally came to the table my Chinese friend had a moan at them in Cantonese. The waiter did not take this too well and was rather belligerent from that point with our meal being clumsily placed on the table which then annoyed me as I do not like my plate to be dropped in front of me.

The kebab meat was dry and rubbery and I did not finish it, it tasted more like spam than anything else. My friend found the whole experience rather odd and did not appreciate the food or the service.

When we got the bill they had double charged for my friends meal????? how can that happen.

Lots of smoking going on yet that has been outlawed in China now. I am a smoker but I found it unpleasant.....

This place is expensive for GZ and the quality of food and service does not warrant a visit. Its position as No1 is dubious.

We left there still hungry and went to a dumpling shop close by and filled ourselves up on 20 RMB worth of fresh dumplings and nice cold pearl river beer.

3  Thank Joe K

Reviewed November 30, 2012

It's their third branch in China....
They really perform well and try to serve the best but it's about ingredients, to achieve the exact taste. Taste is not exactly the same as in Turkey but still well done.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

A real oasis in China. Meat is so tender and tasty , no words to describe it . Staff is warm and welcoming . I have dined in top 4 tripadvisor restaurants and this is the only place i think that really deserve the position. They serve halal food in Guangzhou and it is something precious. It is a classical Turkish Restaurant with a good decoration and the place is huge , maybe can host around 400-500 people. The toilets are very clean which is another asset. Only 5 star deluxe hotels have toilets that have been taken care so good. The service is very fast, friendly and efficient. The upper floor is designated as a non smoking floor and they have a children's playroom in this area as well. We have ordered turkish appetizers , kebabs, lobster and their speciality Jagh Kebab. Our favorite was the Jagh Kebabl , it is wonderful , a must-try dish. Overall , it is a Quality place. Recommended.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Really very good restaurant!! Food is amazing and service too!!! If i ever come to Guangzhou again i will definitely will visit this restaurant again!!! thank uuu for good atmosphere

Reviewed November 17, 2012

non-attentive waiters, no uniform so you dont know who is guest and who is waiter. Everybody gets a bottle of water, unasked, and is afterwards charged for it! No alcohol. Food was good but my starter came after the main. AC freezing, everybody smokes. Not a noce place. Food was good but pricy! Will never go again and I dont recommend it!

1  Thank Sebastian_Schmitt