“GZ MO's improvement”

Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou
Ranked #3 of 3,480 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed January 19, 2014

It's indeed, much better than my last time's accommodation, and seems my boy love it very much this time.

When i booked the hotel, they already proactively provide my needs as such as crib etc...also they my provide the protecter to the corners when I arrived.

Hence, I received the card fr their GM to welcome my second time attendance, which is delighted me, and give me a pretty good feeling.

I just think that most likely I will come again, although the location is too good to take the taxi or might be the traffic is reli a problem in Guangzhou.

Btw, the bed is reli good!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rexhlv
MO_GUANGZHOU, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your generous comment on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for such a positive feedback. Please rest assured we will share your words with our entire team.

We would love to welcome you back soon to the Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou.

My kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel is next to a very nice shopping mall. The hotel lobby is small. On the floor when you walk to the end of each corridor it is the entrance of a room, and hence confusing. The room is very modern. The toilet is small. The blue light on the socket panel were very bright which could affect sleep. I was in a room that has a connecting door to the room next door. Unfortunately on the first night there were a few drunken men in the room next door. The hotel manager gave me another room for the night. At least I can have some sleep.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou with the TripAdvisor Community.

I regret to hear that you did not feel as delighted as you should have expected, your comments regarding the room design and the nightly disturbance are well taken indeed. Please rest assured, that your comments will be shared with the entire team for our immediate internal follow-up and improvement, also for the benefit of all guests. We do appreciate very much your constructive feedback.

Once again, thank you again for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor Community. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou and please do not hesitate to contact me, directly at clemensh@mohg.com or via phone, +86 20 3808 8888.

With best regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was my first visit to Guangzhou to order custom-made wedding gowns. I had a surprisingly pleasant stay at the Mandarin Oriental. The service and quality of this establishment is exceptional and modern. The staff, from the reception to the executive floor, is very welcoming and helpful. Every staff member I met not only spoke English fluently but also treated guests kindly.
The breakfast buffet at the Ebony is just fantastic. Although the food is prepared slightly different than in the States or in Europe, the staff in the open kitchen was extremely accommodating to even the pickiest requests I made.

Had it not been a family member who introduced me to this new Mandarin Oriental (opened spring of 2013), I would never have known what this luxury hotel brand can be. The unpretentious service, the modern beauty design and quality of furnishing had changed the traditional and ostentatious image of the brand. My stay was truly comfortable and yet it made me feel like a million bucks!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MO_GUANGZHOU, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a review regarding your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou.

I am delighted to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that the architecture of the building, the food quality as well as the level of service exceeded your expectations.

We are sincerely honoured to receive such a fantastic comment, and you can rest assured we will do our very best to deserve such high praises.

Once again thank you very much for your recommendation; I truly hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou in the future.

With my very best wishes,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The MO at Guangzhou is located in the newer part of the city on Tianhe Road. The reception staff are very courteous, can speak good English. On arrival you are offered some tea. The rooms are very well done up, spaious and fitted with modern amenities. Great rooms actually. There is a seperate door for housekeeping to collect laundry so there is no disturbance. The food in Verdana is really good, with breakfast buffet having a wide array and choices. If you do not want to eat then just step out and take the escalator to the right of the hotel.It will take you to the food court of the Taikoo Mall-Restaurants like Elements Fresh,Lian-Vietnamese and Thai Cuisine,Pizzeria and Japanese Food are all available. Room rates are expensive but service is great and its worth the stay. The MO Spa is great especially the facial. The only thing I would change is the business center which is very under utilized and low key-Internet facility is available but expensive.

Room Tip: -Use the free shuttle from the hotel to the East Guangzhou Station from where you can take the train...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time and for sharing such a positive review about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am very delighted to hear that you have spent such a wonderful time with us, especially I was pleased to find out that the room facilities, the quality of food and the spa as well as the warm service of our team satisfied and convinced you.

Your kind and enthusiastic comments are our best reward – please rest assured that your compliments have been shared with the rest of the hotel team.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your time and effort, and I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic hotel in a good location with some great reception staff.

Stayed three nights in summer and must say that I was impressed with that has been offered.

Service very sharp and prompt. Good English and some nice touched.

Interesting bar and whisky selection.
The Chinese restaurant could be a bit better in terms of service but the cake shop is as good as the one in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Mandarin Oriental during your visit to Guangzhou and for sharing such a generous review with the TripAdvisor community.

I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hotel, including the location of the hotel, the Loft bar as well as our legendary service. Please be assured that your positive comments have been shared with the rest of the team.

Once again, thank you for your review and endorsement. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou.

With warm regards,

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I was in GZ to meet a friend. Just one evening. Booked mandarin oriental via ctrip (fantastic rate, great service, highly recommended).

The hotel is very new and exceptionally well finished. Rooms are spacious with a fabulous split bathroom.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, but needs a more resourceful concierge.

Chinese restaurant is good. We have a late dim sum lunch. A slight struggle with language and my vegetarian diet, but it worked out.

Gym - small but everything you need. High quality machines. Love the hamstring stretch machine.

Bar - small whiskey bar. Good selection but no buzz. Semi private rooms. Good for business drinks but boring unless with a load of friends.

Spa - looked good but no time and very expensive. A massage costs a lot more than our ctrip.com discounted room rate.

All in all a very nice hotel connected to hong kongs swire run taikoo hui mall. The mall is fine if you want designer goods or Starbucks coffee, but not much choice other than that.

All that said, the location is a dump. There is nothing nice nearby and walking around the hotel was awful. Lot of traffic and old style shops.

May be nicer to stay near the river. But public areas in the highly rated four seasons were mediocre and pizza at the recommended caffe modde in the hotel barely passable.

W nearby had some buzz for younger people. The nightclub Fei seemed busy and an 'imported' live act was kicking it that evening.

Not sure what's choice would be if I returned to GZ. Mandarin is surely top quality but quite and in a terrible location. Maybe best to give GZ a pass unless you need to be here!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Asit852
MO_GUANGZHOU, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

I regret to hear that you did not feel as delighted as you should have expected, your comments regarding the hotel location are well taken indeed. Please rest assured, that your comments will be shared with the entire team and thank you very much for such an honest feedback.

Once again, thank you for your time and effort, and I sincerely hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou.

With best regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is new, great location next to an excellent shopping centre and centralized. Staff are professional to deal with, and concierge are very helpful. I would stay there again. It can do with a another restaurant in the hotel, maybe Italian to expand the choice. Besides that it's an excellent choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
MO_GUANGZHOU, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing such a positive review about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel, in particular hotel location and our professional staff. I feel honored to receive such a fantastic comment, your feedback was already shared with my entire team.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Guangzhou soon.

With my warmest regards