“NICE SUNKEN POOL.. beautiful artworks”

The Mulian Huadu Urban Resort Hotel
Ranked #19 of 3,447 Hotels in Guangzhou
Bali, Indonesia
“NICE SUNKEN POOL.. beautiful artworks”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

i love artwork of the herons and crane made by brian sherman and team.
it is not easy to reach this hotel. at the first i was mistaken to check in at sheraton guangzhou city hotel. this place a bit far from downtwn and the taxi driver is also confused reaching this place.
the site is impressive with lots of green, avantgarde architecture and folding interior in the lobby. the food at the feast buffett also pleasant. i stayed on the skyvilla which have backdoor directly to one of the pool. and the dimsum in the chinese restaurant also good. it is just the lake not as good as i expected

Room Tip: the one that have access to the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Krishna_photographer
yen c, GUEST EXPERIENCE TEAM at The Mulian Huadu Urban Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us.We are glad the hotel is up to your expectation. We privide shuttle service between Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel and resort 3 times per day at fixed time. For more informaiton, you can contact the Guest Service Center. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I did two nights in a lakeside villa and had an amazing stay! The room was huge and an excellent value. I really enjoyed having my own pool that overlooked the lake. There was even an exotic outdoor shower. You can tell that they put in a lot of time and money to make each villa feel private and intimate. While the resort may be young there is enough trees to give you privacy. I did take them up on some of the free water activities. I went rowing on the lake, but it was a bit hot outside for physical activity. The resort also offers some of the best customer service I've ever encountered.

Early in the afternoon on the second day of my stay I locked myself out of my room. A young man walked by me on his way to work in the restaurant near my villa. He asked if he could help me. I explained the situation and he was able to call the front desk and ask for a new key. He waited with me the entire time! He told me his name was Peter Ouyang and asked if I was enjoying the resort. He apologized for his english and told me that he had been practicing each day by listening to American pop music. He started to sing to me to try and cheer me up since he felt bad that I had locked myself out of my room and had to wait. Talk about a memorable experience! From beginning to end the staff treated me just as well!

They offer a very large buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I enjoyed the selection for breakfast, but went a la carte for the rest of my meals and was very pleased. I used the spa and was almost shocked at how low the prices were for massages. I'm guessing they are lower because the resort being in China. The spa facilities were beyond nice. Hot tea before and after treatment and the rooms there were stunning.

I would definitely recommend this resort! Thanks for the memorable stay.

Room Tip: The lakeside villa near the restaurant is one of the best rooms. It is next to the pathway that lead...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Astroph
yen c, GUEST EXPERIENCE TEAM at The Mulian Huadu Urban Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad you have a nice stay and we provided a good experience to you. We consistently provide the best service to every guest. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you live in Guangzhou and you need a rest from traffic, pollution,...you do not need to take a plane!!
Just 40min drive away from Guangzhou, there is this relatively small resort very new, with big rooms and a veeery nice spa. The air is more fresh, there is an small lake and woods...It is true that there is some big buildings at the left of the hotel but yo can avoid to see them...
Highly recommendable if you and your children want to relax at good price and you do not want to wait in the airports and take flights...
Also it can be a very good alternative if you come for the fair but you want also to enjoy an Asian resort and relax in the evenings...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank silviabcn11
yen c, Online Manager at The Mulian Huadu Urban Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad the hotel is up to your expectation. Here is really a good place for you to relax. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.
sp
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here for a management meeting. I was very impressed when I set foot into my room via a buggy ride. The room was huge and spacious and well designed. The was a huge bath tub set in the bath room and you could choose to separate the sleeping area from the bath area with a well designed sliding door. Service was good overall. As the property is made up of well spread out units and some villas in a vast property, you need to arrange for a buggy to pick you up from your room to the meetnig areas or breakfast. The hotel is located very far off from the city -- so be prepared to just enjoy the hotel facilities. Guangzhou's air quality is not that great - so when I was there, I notice the air was misty -- not sure if it was because of the weather or the poor air quality. Stay here more for a short retreat if you are coming from Hongkong (short train ride of about 2-3 hours).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
yen c, Online Manager at The Mulian Huadu Urban Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
The World is my playground.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

First off, to qualify, I'm a Lifetime Gold SPG Member who is currently Platinum status for the past 6 years straight. I've visited 54 Countries over the last 3 years and I've yet to find a Sheraton Resort that attains this level of luxury and class. Every extra arrangement that we made was accommodated smoothly, airport transfers, shuttle bus service to the Canton Fair every day, everything went perfectly.

Furthermore, while walking the grounds, there is a sense of calm and tranquility that envelopes the guests. Perhaps its the bullfrogs gently speaking in the distance, or the birds that sing their unique tune. In any case, this resort is among the very finest of the SPG roster of properties and I am certain that I will return again and again when my business calls me back to this region.

Room Tip: Lake Views are stunning if you an snag one!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PuddleJumpa
yen c, Online Manager at The Mulian Huadu Urban Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad to know that the hotel is up to your expectation and tell you that we are awarded SPG Member Favorite - Small Wonder 2012 & 2013. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.
Beijing, China
Reviewed April 8, 2013

this is a good hotel with beautiful gardens. We have stayed for 3 nights during Chinese New Year holiday. It was a little bit cool so couldnot swim. The employees in the hotel are very nice and helpful, everyone say hello to you everywhere. Room is large and comfortable, seperate bathroom and toilet. The facilities are new and good too. Even equipped with IPAD charger in each room. Far away from the city center. The transportation from the hotel to the city or airport is expensive, basically you have no choice but take the hotel bus. Eating is also higher too compared with other hotels in the city. Generally recommend to stay in summer time for 2 nights. The enviornment outside the resort area is not good. No near sightseeings are there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
yen c, Online Manager at The Mulian Huadu Urban Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad the hotel is up to your expectation. There are many sightseeings aroung our hotel, such as Istone Mineral Park, Vanilla Garden, and we also offer Istone Mineral Park Package and Vanilla Garden Package to those who are interested in them. And the outdoor swimming pool is open from April 15, it would be better to stay in our hotel during the coming summer. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had a chance to visit Sheraton Huadu . It's a villa-style hotel and you may need a small "golf car" to drive you around. Certainly you can also walk around the hotel to different places and it only take you 5-10 mins walking distance. It's very relaxing experience to be there. (You can hire a shuttle bus at 100/person at scheduled time at Guangzhou Westin, which is close to the railway station).

My room has a private pool (but there is no warm/hot water). You can swim inside your own villa~

For the food, you almost eat at the Chinese restaurant there. I can guarantee it's one of the best Chinese food in hotels in China in terms of taste. I really eager to go there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
yen c, Online Manager at The Mulian Huadu Urban Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thanks for staying in our hotel and sharing with us. We are glad the hotel is up to your expectation. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.