“Decent Western food, but too expensive.”
Review of Gail's

Gail's
Ranked #100 of 7,232 Restaurants in Guangzhou
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I went with my family this week, there were 5 of us. We all liked what we ordered and would order it again. Especially the burgers... probably the best burger I've had in Guangzhou. But the bill was over 200 RMB and that did not include any drinks and we had no alcohol. We generally spend around 100 or 150 for all of us, so it was definately overpriced.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I am a construction worker at the US Embassy and I went there with 3 others that just came to China to work. We all ordered hamburgers and all of us agree it was the worst hamburger we have ever had. The meat was very over cooked and the most we ate was a couple bites. The girls in the place were very nice and you would think they would notice that we were not eating our hamburgers but they didn't. One older girl came to our table and asked if everything was fine and we just said yes and she walked away. The fries were good. You would think someone would notice that we didn't eat but they didnt. We will never try this place again. Dont waste your money at this place.

1  Thank 127,425
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Went to Gail's for the 1st time last night. We were having a Birthday get together for one of our American Friends. The Place is cozy yet small. 2 Tables outside. We were seated on the balcony. It was a monday night around 6pm. Not too busy. In total there were six of us. 1st to come were the beef Nachos. We have all eaten at TEKILAS ( the new Mexican Place in GZ) so we were obviously going to compare Gail's Nacho to Tekilas. Gail's wins! The Chips are home made. light and Crisp. The Toppings ( although somewhat sparse) were delicious. The Shocker was the Potato Pierogis. Hand made and just magnificent. Everything was delicious from the Bacon Blue Cheese Burger, Chicken Bacon melt, Pulled pork Sandwich and the T-Bone Steak. I have yet to see a REAL steak in GZ. While this was a T-BONE is was only a 1/4 inch thick but it still was good.

Best of all, from 5-8pm it's Happy Hour! Buy 1 get 1 Free Pitchers of Tiger Beer.

Our wait staff was terrific. Always there to tend to our needs. The menu is huge. I can't wait to try more things on it.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Very good! Worth of trying it, I think. I have been this restaurant manytimes with my friends and family

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Ever feel like you're about to lose your mind if another Chinese colleague or counterpart puts another sea slug, pig fetus with blinking red LED lights for eyes or good for man snake wine in front of you, go to Gails to get your normal on. At the ,enu is outstanding and the frozen margaritas are as good for man and woman as any I've ever had. Take the time to get sway and de-tox from all the weird stuff you've been eating and get a quesadilla or some greasy chili fries. You may regret having feasted here in the morning but it is oh so good!

1  Thank jojojojojojojojo