All reviewscanton fairspanish chefchef davidthe executive loungesky bridgeconvention centertrade showgreat hoteldirect accessfair groundsf bcorner roomchinese restaurantconcierge deskplatinum memberchoose this hoteldinner buffet
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We are Guangzhou residents,under normal circumstances,we won't spend the nights at any hotels in Guangzhou.My hubby won the free night coupon of this hotel at his company's annual party,so I had a chance to spend 2 nights at this hotel with my hubby for Valentine’s Day.

It's a perfect location for trade fair visitors because it is in the area C of Guangzhou International Convention & Exhibition Center.If you come to Guangzhou for travel,it is absolutely not the right place.It is near the Pazhou MTR Station,but very far away from downtown,so it still takes a long time to arrive downtown by metro.There is a few people in the street when there is no trade fair,especially in the evening.Actaully it is in the middle of nowhere for the traveller.

The coupon offered two free Renewal Suite nights.The Renewal Suite is very large,clean and nice.There is an Osim foot massager in the suite,it's great,we love it!The L’Occitane Bathroom Amenities are provided in the suite.The Heavenly Bed is comfortable.View from suite is nice.Unfortunately,the capsule coffee machine of our suite was not working!

Service was good but not impressive.

Executive Club Lounge was great,the selection of Club Lounge's breakfast buffet was less than the hotel's restaurant,most of food were tasty.In particular,it provided dim sum,love it!The happy hour provided the food and drink(including alcohol and non-alcohol).

Overall,it is highly recommended for the trade fair visitors,but not recommended for the travellers.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel with my wife for my birthday, as my kid was away in Beijing on a study tour with his school. I chose this hotel because of the very attractive rate, only US$120, compared with US$188 for the other Westin near the Guangzhou East Station. It is also a new property, opened for just about a year.

The hotel is located in the middle of the Guangzhou Exhibition Centre in the Pazhou district in southeast Guangzhou. It is about five minutes walk from the Pazhou subway station so transportation is not a big problem. However, at night the streets are quite dead because the whole neighbourhood consists of only exhibition halls and warehouses, other than the Westin and the Shangri-La a few blocks away. It seemed there was no major exhibition going on when we were there, so the hotel was very quiet with few guests.

We were very lucky to be given a corner room facing south and east on the 20th floor. This gave us a great view of the suburbs of Guangzhou – wide-open space with rice paddy fields, factories and the exhibition centre itself.

Our room was very spacious (more than 50 square metres, I believe) and very elegantly furnished. The open bathroom was well equipped with a roomy shower and a bathtub, and was combined with the walk-in closet in an integrated whole.

As it was just an overnight trip, we didn’t spend a lot of time in the hotel. When we came back at night we found out that only the lobby lounge was open for drinks. There were only two tables of guests and no live entertainment was available.

We went swimming the next morning. The pool was quite nice and big (about 30 metres long) for an indoor hotel pool. Unfortunately, the water temperature (which I believe was at the standard 28 degree Celsius) was too cold for my wife, and there was no Jacuzzi for her to soak. There was also a spa but we didn’t try it.

All in all, a very nice hotel if you don’t mind the location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allanng2004
Selina C, Manager at The Westin Pazhou, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear allanng2004,
Thank you for taking time to review The Westin Pazhou. It is honored to know that you enjoyed your stay, especially the beautiful city skyline room view. Your detailed feedback is highly appreciated and it will help us constantly deliver instinctive and personal service to our most valuable guests. We sincerely look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

If you are a frequent visitor for trade fairs held in Pazhou you would definitely value the location
of the hotel as this property is literally sitting on the fair ground.With direct access to the complex
you reach the fair in less then a minute and you can go back to rest your tiring feet any time.
Rooms are spacious ,renewal suites have massage chairs,staff is positive and very efficient
which could be a big plus for the bussiness people.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Savaser
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here twice in April and Again in May with colleagues for business. This hotel is wonderful and close to our factory so you get to avoid all the traffic congestion of downtown. The hotel is in wonderful condition partly because it is new and it is really nice just like the other Westin in Guangzhou. All of the facilities and decoration are first class and the service is second to none! They did an outstanding job and many of the staff whom I intereacted with greeted me by name! The hotel food is adequate and if you need more options close by the Shangri-la is a 10 minute walk. The rooms and the views of the river are great making this my favorite hotel in Guangzhou. It has easy access to the convention center and Subway as well! Just make sure you are not expecting to stay in downtown if you stay here!
I will stay again next time I am here on business!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank GoingGlobal79
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The first review I wrote for this hotel was not good but on my frequent stays at the hotel it has improved dramatically.
The lounge is very good and the staff there are excellent. Lounge also has great views of the city.
All members of staff speak some english, which I appreciate. The staff are generally very welcoming.

Suites are very good, large and comfortable. Good coffee machine in the suite.
F/B is still a little lagging which some poor quality meals still being served, however this is also improving.

Niggle
This is about the only hotel I have stayed at that does not have a bar....

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business