All reviewscanton fairspanish chefchef davidthe executive loungesky bridgeconvention centertrade showgreat hoteldirect accessfair groundsf bcorner roomchinese restaurantconcierge deskplatinum memberchoose this hoteldinner buffet
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and did not enjoy the experience.
The lounge was very good, check in was very good but the rest of the hotel is not up to a Westin standard.

My room had various problems including a blocked toilet, loose taps etc.
Mini bar not restocked, it all just felt very unprofessional, shoddy and cheap.

Check out was the worst check out I have had from any SPG hotel and I have stayed at lots of them.
The hotel is new and I guess the staff are being trained, I do not see why customers should have to pay to train staff, cut the rates in half until they are trained.

The room was pleasant enough and the internet connection was fine.
Called down to have my luggage collected, they never came, just a horrible stay.

Rich

Room Tip: Another hotel with a trained staff
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rich2809
Reviewed January 24, 2012

A new hotel, everything is very good. Only thing is little too far out of the city center.

Room Tip: Ask a room facing city center.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2012

what can i say about this hotel? is there anything bad to judge about it?

pure excellence at its best. hope this says it all!!

its just a bit far from the city centre (around 20 min by taxi) but what else can u expect from a hotel its purpose of which was to serve just the exhibition area of Guangzhou?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John N
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I love Westins. I stay at them whenever I can. This Westin however needs some maintenance and upkeep which I have written in a separate letter to the management--all this time for my simple fondness of the Westin Brand.

The staff at this Westin are exceptional without a doubt. Super friendly, very well trained, eager to assist and spoke English very well for newly trained Chinese staff.

The Executive Lounge was well appointed and I enjoyed relaxing there after coming back from the exhibitions across the street.

Only thing I would like to emphasize on is the maintenance here and there that this hotel needs in order to be in line with the true Westin standard that so many people like myself truly appreciate.

Room Tip: If you will be doing business at the Pazhou do not stay at another hotel. The location is outstanding at the Westin Pazhou.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stay there for 5 nights for the trade show. Great location and facility. The front entrance is big and wasted just like typical hotels in China - why can't they build it more cozy and smaller? I was upgraded to club level.

Pros:

big room, very nice bed, bathroom well designed and function.
great quite club level breakfast and happy hour - until last day some Chinese family went there and destroy all harmony. (Can those mainland Chinese act more polite and quite?)
big and nice swimming pool (100ft long), i had them for 5 days in the morning just by myself, staffs at swimming pool are very nice.

Cons:

Since it is a new hotel, staff need more training, I saw couple of western faces working there everyday and I think they will give their Chinese workers better training down on the road.

Need better sign outside hotel to the convention center and subway - subway is great had it is not peak traffic time. I pay $1.25 US dollars from airport to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hog4oc