“Fantastic location”

Guangzhou Bauhinia Hotel
Ranked #68 of 3,517 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel's location is second to none. You can walk to the pearl river, Bejing Lu and many other interesting places. the One Link wholesale center is only a couple of minutes away. The rooms are not big but clean. Breakfast is Asian oriented. Staff is friendly and most of them speak English.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marscha1

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The location is good. Near the main street so plenty of taxis out there. Rooms are small with just the basic supplies, A bit slow at the reception, as took 30mins for us to get the rooms. Could hear somebody talking at the corridor at night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've stayed at Guangzhou Bauhinia Hotel for 6 days in Nov'13, all I can say is don't get mislead by the hotel photos posted in the internet. It is totally different, the room is small and the worst part is the hotel basin, it is a miniature basin which means every time you wash your face the whole toilet floor will be wet. And there is no mini bar in the room, I have requested for one from day 1 of my stay till I checked out, NO RESPONSE from them and when I called they only tell you they will TRY and after that they are silent about it. The location is ok if you likes to go for wholesale shopping. One link and the dried seafood market is within walking distant. Of course if you only need a place to sleep this hotel is good enough. Honestly, I will not stay in this hotel should I go back to Guangzhou as I am sure there are many better choices around.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I came to GZ with my family (3 of us). The hotel was easy to find. I booked a room for 2 persons(no window) but the staff said that the bed was too small for 3 persons (I went to see the room and it was really small just like she told us) So she brought us to see a new room for 4 persons. Anyway, elevator came v.slow.
The staff were friendly (chinese only). I recommend bookink a hotel in china through booking.com or agoda or any other website. Dont walk in, the rate is too high.
The new room was nice , big, spacious, and clean. Free drinking water was provided. Free wifi with strong signal. Little smell of cigarette. Very Good shower.
We spent 1,154 yuan for 2 nights, 'two' breakfasts (I was having a cup of noodle (130yuan for breakfast was too expensive for me)) and deposit of 300yuan.
The hotel was located near shopping area. 100m walk to 7-11. 12mins walk to Beijing Lu. 4 mins walk to one link plaza.
OVERALL: Good, will choose this hotel to stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank WalkJourney
Reviewed January 6, 2014

It is located at 10`walking distance to the Pearl River and Haizhu Square underground station.
Recommended to those who travel by bus to Hong Kong. Near Haizhu Square, in front of the Landmark hotel, is the bus station with connections to Hong Kong (tickets provided by CTS purchased in advance and you can ask them to deliver the tickets to the hotel).

Our room was spacious, with window, comfortable bed and clean bed linen, Wifi free was OK, heating in the room by A/C, safe free, complimentary water daily.

The cleanliness of the room is not perfect if you are looking at the details. Our room was noisy, perhaps all of rooms have windows to the street, but this is Guangzhou!

Breakfast is poor. Receptionists are not friendly, but don`t expect smiley faces in China. You have to pay deposit cash/credit card at check-in.

Underground network is perfect, very simple to visit the town or to get to the airport!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my family. The location was great, within walkable distance to Beijing Street. The other walking street Shangxiajiulu is also within 10 RMB cab distance.

I asked for a non smoking room but the room reeked of smoke upon entry. Eventually asked for a change of room. The reception was accommodating and even brought us to another room for us to inspect. We like the other room. Nice scenery.

Cosy hotel to stay for its price. Good bargain for travelers who love to shop.

Room Tip: Worth it to get rooms with Windows
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thinksg
Reviewed December 9, 2013

not the first time I stayed here ... booked a room with "no window" on hotels.com and got what I asked for .... never do that again.........who the hell want to be in a "cell" (5mX6m) with no view to the outside world.
Last time I booked the same but it did have a window ........ the silly hotels.com thing says I am registered and need do nothing, all is confirmed and paid for.......... get there and they want 300RMB for a security thing, claiming they do not have my credit card info .... ok..gave them 300RMB cash ..now I have to stop to get my cash on the way out......... holy cow, what a nightmare trying to get money back from them..... I like to just leave...key in the room, if I bought something, just put it on my room/card .....I was 20-25minutes checking out, getting my 270RMB ... I did use 30RMB on breakfast .. bought at checkin, not a surprise for them. reasonable English speaking staff ... breakfast was above average for Chinese/Western buffet thing.... still just OK, you understand ........ handy to Guangdong/Guangzhou exit/entry bureau .... actually it is next door...the best thing about the hotel ..handy ... room was clean....I will never again book a room with no window... hard to believe that they even have them.

Room Tip: they do have rooms that are more like "cells" ..... careful what you ask for
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business