“Amazing Service, Best Hilton I ever stayed at”

Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe
Ranked #18 of 3,396 Hotels in Guangzhou
Everett, Washington
“Amazing Service, Best Hilton I ever stayed at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hilton Tianhe in Guangzhou was exceptional from the moment we checked in. Being a loyal member and knowing we were celebrating a special event, they upgraded us to a suite, and gave us executive lodge access. The arranged our room special just for our stay; my wife was amazed by their efforts. The concierge was very helpful and gave us very detailed information how to get to different landmarks within Guangzhou. The workout facility is clean and very well equipped. The breakfast buffet had a lot of different variety and the location is perfect, as it is close to two metro stations. We couldn't ask for more from Hilton Tianhe. The staff did an excellent job.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe General Manager Grace Lau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My experience last weekend in Guangzhou was really a dramatic one ; i have been well served by Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe Hotel's Concierge Dept (Cita Luk - Asst Chief Concierge) before i stayed there on Sat, coz' he has helped me to arrange the purchase and the delivery of a K-pop concert tickets, to be held at Tianhe Stadium on Sat night.

I had great time at the concert that night and also enjoyed pleasantly the rest of my stay there.

To my surprise, when i conducted the check out the next (Sun) morning, i realized that my China travelling visa (Card) has been lost & most probably it's at the stadium ('s concert) the night before.

I simply went to the GZ East Train station with my train tix and hope the China Custom will still allow me to go, given i still possessed my HK ID card & they should have my entry record (to GZ, too). Unfortunely, the CHina Custom rules & practice are really strict and they did not allow me to leave China for taking the train to HK. The Custom simply provided me the address of a GZ office (15 miles away from my hotel / train station) and told me the office was closed on SUnday and so i can only apply when the office opened on Monday again. They did not know any details of how many days required to issue a replacement of Visa, after i reported the loss. Not a single further advice could be provided, no matter how many other alternatives i could have asked for.

Lots of question marks and fear come to my mind and all i can think of, was to pick up a call again to Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe's Conierge Dept (Cita Luk) and he has calmed me down, well arranged the shuttle bus to pick me up from the GZ train station back to hotel and also offered the free ride for me to the concert Stadium again to search for my lost card (later still not found though). He (Cita) also being very caring and already re-booked me to stay one more night at the Hotel for awaiting the replacement of the China visa and also arranged the purchase of train tix for me. Cita also checked and printed out all the relevant document and procedures for me as reference. It turned out to be a long winding journey and procedures, but at the end of day, i still managed to return to Hong Kong on monday late afternoon, thanks god........and thanks CITA, my hero, too.

I am so pleased with the hotel's whole team, who are really caring & helpful and being so pro-actively on providing the tailored made customer services to me during this (mini) unhappy (losing China Visa) experience.

I would also particularly like to express my gratitude towards the Executive Lounge team - Benson, Kitty, Angel & Jasmine ; as they are so friendly & helpful and cheered me up during my 2nd night (un-expected) stay. They have also printed out detailed maps and info for me to facilitate my next trip in China.

With the hardware in the room well equipped for business travellers for this hotel, i think you can't simply ask for more...................

Room Tip: xx18 or xx 19 faces nicer views than xx04 or xx 05.........
1 Thank V L
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Cita and our Executive Lounge team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. Your highly compliment encourages us to be more and more excellence, to deliver our warm and hospitality to all of our guests. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

They are a little bit slow on replying e-mails. Better to call them directly and they will assist in right away.
Very smooth with the transfer from Train East station to the hotel with their free shuttle bus
Front desk staff met you right away when you got off the shuttle which showed recognition!
Very discrete service and assist in many ways upon arrival.
They tried very hard to catch you taxi during busy period
Room size is spacious , variety of room service choices , love the hot bathtub.
Not much time to explore the hotel this time but will come return again!!!

Room Tip: May add buffet breakfast benefit upon arrival at RMB 120
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe!

melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Excellent service including transport from Airport and quality and clean rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent design of Building. Well laid out and comfortable suites. Would prefer more information in Lobby on places of interest to visit within walking distance of Hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank Barrington Malc... H
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. Happy to offer more information of interests in lobby and our concierge are willing to help you on this as well. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel is near the railroad station, subway and local business. Since Hilton is beside an army school, it looks very safe around the hotel. Room is big, clean and cozy. Service is suitable for travelers. No need to wait such a long time to get any help. All the stuffs are kind, polite and enthusiastic.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, December 12, 2013

Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that Guangzhou isn't my favourite city of China, but the Tianhe is certainly the right place to stay. Customer service is excellent, staff go out of their way to help and to make you welcome. Excellent breakfast buffet, clean, spacious rooms, nice business lounge for meetings. The bar terrace is a great place to relax and watch the city rush by, and plenty of restaurant choices.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Perfect stay in Guangzhau. Stayed here a month for business. I can't say enough about the staff at this hotel. Nothing less than a 5 star interaction with every person I came into contact with. The manager of this hotel should be commended for their leadership in focusing on this customer oriented perspective.

Jane, Kitty, Jasmine, Angel, Benson and others in the Executive Lounge made a long stay seem not long enough. Thank you!

Rooms were squeaky clean, spotless in every way. Restaurants had good food and were a decent value, not inexpensive but acceptable.

Not the most central of locations in Guangzhou, but close enough that it works. About 10 minute walk to the subway and trains to get anywhere in town for pennies. Best and easiest underground I've experienced in the world so far.

Outstanding gym, nice pool, breakfast is more than one could ask for.

Room Tip: Rooms with the last two numbers being "26" are nice sized suites with huge bathrooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Jane, Kitty, Jasmine, Angel, Benson and our Executive Lounge team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.