“Employees of executive floor and 2nd floor cafe”

Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe
Ranked #19 of 3,430 Hotels in Guangzhou
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States
“Employees of executive floor and 2nd floor cafe”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The executive room experience at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe was fabulous. I was on business due to a partnership with Guangzhou Sport University and GETCH (Guangzhou English Training Center for the Handicapped). During the 8 days of business I was extremely busy being introduced to Guangzhou Sport University/GETCH and sharing information about adapted aquatic sport in America with University officials, students,therapists and special education teachers. I always looked forward to starting my day with a wonderful breakfast and winding down in the executive room. The thing that I so much appreciated was the individual staff attention in the executive room and being recognized by name. This type of attention was very much appreciated. I would like to personally thank Kitty and the housekeeping staff for the personalize attention!

Room Tip: I would encourage staying in an executive room. The benefits of breakfast, internet and the evening...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joanne S
Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Kitty know that they helped you have a great stay with us. Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe General Manager Grace Lau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
shanghai, China
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel staff courteous hospitality, this is a real 5 star international hotel, all the workers speaks perfect english, all the rooms are new and perfectly clean,What a wonderful hotel for business. Had a great separate area to do your work in, with a good size desk. Love it how you can rotate the TV to be either in the living / office area or into the bedroom. 7 minutes away from the metro.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Guangzhou
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I just returned from my 5th stay at this Hotel.

The rooms are very stylish, functional and clean with a nice bathtub. For Breakfast I recommend the Big Breakfast at the Cafe which has a significantly bigger choice than the Lounge.

As HHonors Gold I was upgraded to Executive Floor immediately and had the opportunity to enjoy the new Happy Hour Menu at the Lounge which has improved significantly (not that it was not very good already!). The Executive Rooms normally come with obligatory Fruits and Sweets which they forgot during my stay but that can happens in the best houses I guess.

The staff overfall is friendly and professional even though there was a somewhat awkward moment during checking at which I was asked for company id / b-card to proof the legitimacy of my rate (never happened before at spg or other hilton properties and it was not my first stay at the hotel but not a big deal just inconvinient on a weekend stay).

I only have minor tips for improvement like more toiletries on the rooms especially when there are 2 guests booked on it or better shrimp dumplings for breakfast (this is Guangzhou ! the Home of Dim Sum so I would have expected something outstanding).

Room Tip: Executive Floor is absolutely worth the price.
1 Thank MariusBZ

Macau, China
Reviewed August 24, 2013

It is happy to stay in this hotel where is opposite GZ sport university which I studied. Now after few years I can see there is lots of change around. Especially this hotel makes the location being felt more luxary.
Breakfast is good, however, food from in room dining and lobby lounge need to be improved. As well as the food delivery time from lobby lounge is a bit long even it was already cold. Overall, I enjoyed to stay in this hotel and will come again definitely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Paris, France
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A great hotel, especially when upgraded to a luxury suite. Of course, two days is too short to really benefit from all the amenities. Huge room, a suite really. With Nespresso machine, electrically commanded curtains, great desk with all bells and whistles.
TV screen embedded in the bathroom mirror...
All great fun to discover.
Good and friendly service by all staff.

Only remark: the minibar does not contain any alcohol beyond wine and beer.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 21, 2013

As a business traveller it is important to me to know that when I choose to stay in an hotel beloging to a chain, the experience is going to be the same...and this happens, in my opinion only with Hilton. I have seniority with the main global hotel chain, but only Hilton has been providing me with consistent excellence, both in business and leisure stays.
And this hotel is no exception...so much that, I was here yesterday night, I checked out this morning, I was supposed to sleep in a local five stars hotel but I decided to wake up earleir in the morning and to come back here.
Rooms are nice, clean, right-sized (eventhough tomorrow I am going to give them hell as this nite room is smaller than yeasterday's..but I did not have the time to switch as i had an important call to attend) Staff is nice and helpful. Yesterday evening receptionist (Becky?) was SUPER NICE... she helped sorting out my HH record.
Gym is superbly equipped...everywhere the same (not only in Hilton but in double tree as well...but I have only ! data point as afr as double tree)
Amenities are my favorites..Philip Roth..everywhere the same
Exec lounge: the best choice of food, drinks and great, helpful, smiling staff.
OK...it is clear I love Hilton...but maybe with more than 100 nights/year spent in hotels, I may have a point?
Just received now a mail from Hilton Tianhe. Here it is "Dear Ms. B,

The warmest greeting from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe!

Kindly be informed that we have found a bunch of flowers in your room 2214 after your departure on 21st Aug 2013 .
Please let us know how you would like us to proceed on your behalf. If there is anything we can assist you
please do not hesitate to contact us , Our contact number is 020-66839999, extension 3855.

We look forward to seeing you back in Guangzhou in the near future!
what more you can ask? This is a bouquet customers usually offer to foreign female exec...

Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I just finished a month stay at the Hilton Tianhe and it was super! I had a room with lounge access and the exec lounge staff as expertly led by Maggie was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. They were always ready to help with travel and shopping arrangements as well as business and computing needs. And when I asked for peanut butter at breakfast, they didn't know what it was but somehow a few minutes later some appeared! That's what I call service. And after 2 days they knew my breakfast and beverage preferences and so I never had to ask. It was truly a beautiful setting with a nice view of the skyline yet a homey atmosphere.
The concierge was very helpful always. We really enjoyed the Italian restaurant though it was a bit pricy. The gym was clean and well equipped and the pool beautiful. Besides the great service the location near the East train station was convenient, especially if you need to take the Metro to the airport.
Some small nits, you have to enter your key in the elevator ( a nice security feature) but if you are the second person to enter your key on the elevators you ALWAYS have to do it twice to get your floor selected. The exec level room was a bit dark for my aging eyes in the bathroom for shaving, even with the lighted mirror. The wifi could be faster but usually could FaceTime, however it seemed to drop the call every few minutes. And if you changed floors (going to the lounge) had to log in to wifi again. The exec room had a Nespresso machine (good) but no cup that would fit. (But the housekeeping staff found one.) I wish there were more power outlets near the bed of course for all the mobile devices everyone has.
All in all a beautiful hotel the stone and wood which was all beautiful and the staff superb. I recommend it and if you can get the exec floor do it because the staff there is top notch.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our team members know that they helped you have a great stay with us. also regards to the elevator and wifi not working smoothly during your stay, I've worked with maintenance to fix the issue, Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us the next time you return to Guangzhou.