“"Excellent Hotel"”

Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun
Ranked #27 of 3,506 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was my first visit to Guangzhou and I was so grateful for choosing this Hotel.
The Hotel is amazing, and peaceful in this busy city. Close to everything and yet in a quiet neighberhood. The hotel team members were extremely helpful and did their best to make this stay unforgettable. I would highly recoomend this hotel.

P.S. It's 5 minutes away by walking from the metro station. So convenient.

1  Thank Bernard N
Philippe K, Online Marketing Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for chosen to stay with Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, we looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Yes it is a Pearl, one of the most impressive hotel buildings i have seen. it seems China has a penchant for unusual buildings. the entrance is as grand as any hotel i have stayed in and from the minute I arrived for a two day Expo at the Canton Fair complex, I felt comfortable, cared for and not just another client.
My booking had been messed up by the corporate travel company, but without hesitation, I was upgraded to a better room.
After booking in I had trouble logging onto the Wi-Fi in my room (it should have been simple but there were no instructions about using all Capitals for the password), but a apart from that the staff at reception assisted and all was OK. I ventured to "Rocks" bar and within a few minutes the duty manage sought me out to ensure I was happy with the wi-fi ad the service. she spent over half an hour chatting and talking about her role, the hotel and her vision. This service and attention to detail with the front of house staff continued throughout my stay.
The only negative was with cleaning, it seems it is endemic in China in all class of hotels not to spend time on the little things. When I arrived in my room after checking in, there was a used tissue on one of the bench tops, and also a used cotton bud on the floor, which was still there next day.
Aside from these issues, the hotel is of world class, the breakfast as good as you can get anywhere, the bar service, restaurant service and general staff eagerness to be friendly, warm, obliging makes for a good stay.
The area the hotel is situated is a redevelopment area so there is not a lot in close proximity, although 15 minute walk takes you to a very large shopping mall with all the famous names as well as local brands, it is not market prices but there are plenty of choices of retail and food.
The only downer is the taxi service to and from the hotel regardless of where you are, make sure you make the driver put his met on, if he doesn't want to then find another taxi, which isn't easy at times. once you have been somewhere on a metered trip you will get a feel for the correct price, the you can use any taxi and pay what you feel is fair.
All in all, a very pleasant stay in a very good hotel

Room Tip: Just enjoy the service and friendliness, ask and you will receive
1  Thank Rod Y
Philippe K, Online Marketing Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun!So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon. Donny K. Wang

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Good location near shops and restaurants.
Well stocked executive lounge, very good rooms, great bed and very comfortable bathroom.
Breakfast buffet very good with plenty of choice.
Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome your group and appreciate your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun! Donny K. Wang

Reviewed March 2, 2013

When you book the Hilton you expect good quality. But this Hilton hotel is very good. We arrived early in the hotel and a early check-in was no problem and we received an upgrade of our rooms due to the fact that the booked rooms were not yet available. The rooms are clean and tide as you expect.

The breakfast (around 5 US dollars) is perfect and everything that you wish for is available. Which is very usefull if you just arrive from a long flight.

All staff in the hotel are very friendly and they try to help you out with all your questions. The can book tickets for the train to Hong Kong and are able to tell you the 'need to go to' spots in Guangzhou.

The price of a room in this hotel is in my opinion a very good deal.

Ps. If you can't find the switch for the lights in the room next to your bed please open up the top drawer and you'll find the switches.

2  Thank nielsvdv
GM_GZ, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Dear nielsvdv

Going through our past Tripadvisor feedback I noticed that we have not responded to your feedback in the past. Thank you for having shared your experience about your stay at our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and strive to continuous deliver excellent customer service.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Valentines day I decided to go to a local hotel. As I had a nice experience in the Tianhe Hilton I thought to try the one located at the old airport area. Do not be fooled by this name. It is on the process of being redeveloped and there is a very nice shopping mall 5 minutes away from the hotel. This is nice if you want to run out for some food or a cup of Starbucks coffee.

If anything is to be taken from this review it should be how pleased I was with the level of service. I was treated warmly and professionally in each department. That means everybody from the engineer who came to my room at 11 o'clock p.m. to fix/adjust the heater in my room to the staff at the gym.

Most impressive was after checking out I filled out a quick questionnaire from Hilton about my stay send via email. I used the option the option to add additional comment about my stay there. Withing 24 hours I received a professional and personal letter addressing each of my concerns. Not a cut-and-paste letter, but something that took careful consideration and time. The Front Office Manager Ms. Minglie Lim went well beyond what was necessary to fulfill her duties and took it to a much higher level of customer service.

About the hotel itself. If you go to this hotel during the Chinese New Year there may be certain lounges and bars that are not open. But all the other departments are up and running. Occupancy is nearly 100 percent at this time so it may be that your room might not be ready-but will be within a very reasonable period of time.

The food for morning buffet was great. More than enough Western and Chinese choices. A nice selection of juices and a chocolate croissant that was so good I had no choice but to take another. The omelet was quite nice-you can choose from among 10 separate items. The lox and different kinds of lettuce are available for the more healthy options. My coffee was always full. I was asked before I had to ask for a refill. The same for clearing plates. Nancy Wong had the nicest smile and personality.

Hilton made a great choice in choosing Precore equipment for the gym. This is a premium well respected brand....there just was not enough of it. Two elliptical trainers is not enough for such a big hotel and one that offered private gym membership for 4,000 dollars a year. Also, they don't have a complete line for an entire body workout. Yes, there are dumbbells. But no gym should be without a bicept machine. Not for that price and not if the good name Hilton is being associated with it.

The gym is clean and the locker room had lockers that were big enough.. The indoor pool is also nice. I do not know what the attendance level is like during the regular period. I would guess if a guest comes at non-peak hours they would not have a problem. If one centers their cardio around and elliptical machines they should be a little concerned.

The rooms facing the indoor area have a view that does not exist, just faces a courtyard. So if the view is critical then be sure to ask, or come during non-peak periods.

The room at 36sq meters is not huge. For sure smaller than the Tianhe Hitlon. Much smaller that the smallest room at the Mandarin Oriental at 60sq meters. The king bed for somebody taller than 185 cm will feel it. But for little guys like me 181cm it was okay.

Fine is a great way to describe my stay there. Everything and everybody were fine. I live in China. If in my daily live I could meet just half this level "fine" it would be a much easier place to live. In fact I live ten minutes from this hotel. Geographically it is in the same district. From an enjoyment and satisfaction standpoint in another world.

I would stay there again. I enjoyed every aspect of my two day stay. The service, the food, the environment inside the hotel are all conducive to this conclusion. It is clear Hilton does the best they can with selection and training of staff. Should they ever fall short of that, they are the first to admit and correct any shortcoming. My letter from the Front Office Manager was complete proof of this claim.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank johnmarlon

Dear johnmarlon

It is great to see that you had truly enjoyed your stay and had a great valentines day with us.
Thank you for having shared your experience about your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

As we were here for the second time, we had a warm welcome and were upgraded to the executive floor which includes free internet, invitations to afternoon tea and cocktails in the executive lounge. This hotel appreciates your business and shows it to their customers.
We booked the hotel thrue the Hilton website and we choose the AP breakfast and dinner package. Both meals are in bufet style and are one of the best in the world. 5* food and service in any section. All food sections are run by professionals.

It's really difficult to find negative points here, in case you have, the staff already took care of them. Hope to be back again.

2  Thank Renato2171

Dear Renato2171

Going through our past Tripadvisor feedback I noticed we have not responded to your feedback in the past. Thank you for having shared your experience about your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Professional staff in making reservation for me. Warm welcome from Front Desk and concierge, especially the warm chinese tea when checking in. The free upgrade was very preferrable, nice mountain view, evening cocktail party so sweet, comfortable room setup and temperature.
Hope to stay again in this fantastic Hotel.

Room Tip: If u r lucky enough, u could get a free upgrade
1  Thank Shenchen L