“Great!”

Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun
Ranked #30 of 3,522 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Booked a day room - up to 6 hours, and was upgraded to executive suite - not bad, not bad at all! Nice break in a long long flight; fantastic friendly service, good english speaking and understanding at the service desk, others not so good english, but that was not a problem. Walking distance from airport, should have made it a layover of 30 hours instead of 6 :)

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cameronfromoz
GM_GZ, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Dear Cameronfiromoz

Going through our past Tripadvisor feedback I noticed that we have not responded to your feedback in the past. Thank you for having shared your experience about your stay at our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and strive to continuous deliver excellent customer service.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

In general the stay was great. Got Executive Floor upgrade for HHonors Gold.

The location is not in the city center, but not a big concern. We could reach almost anywhere in the city with a short taxi ride within CNY30. The nearest metro station located at the other side of the shopping mall, with around 15 minutes walk.

The only issue is the hotel charged my card with a different amount instead of the amount shown on the booking confirmation. They use their own exchange rate to convert my bill into other currency without my authorization, which is a rip off! I never experience this issue during my previous stays in other Hilton properties.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremy_JF
Philippe K, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Jeremy,
Thank you for your comments and choose to stay with Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, we are delight that your stay with us for enjoyable.

Regarding exchange rate we follow the Bank of China provide exchange rate on daily basis, it might be deferent from the day you book, hope you understand. We keen to provide you a pleasant experience while stay with Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future, have a nice day!

Hotel Management Team

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The buffet was the most horrible buffet i've had for the past 10 years. Limited choices and poor quality, we cannot believe this would happen to a 5 star hotel. Afterall, it should not be named as a "buffet" because you could not get things from the BBQ stand once it's out. And we only had one piece of tiny steak (which was not chewable) at the end because the guy said it's sold out. Even though the food is less than 3 stars, they are charging a 5 star price. So so so disappointing and we would never ever go there again. Hope somebody from the Hilton chain would go there and adjust the standard, it's really not acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ada Y

Dear Davis,

Thank you for choose to stay with Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, and appreciated your comments on buffet.
We had shared your comments with our executive chef, and we had added more than 12 items on the buffet. we will keep ourselves to improving, we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future and witness our improvement.

Thank you for your comments again and wish you have a great day!

Hotel Management Team

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great outlok of this hotel architect. The lighting on the building attracted me a lot. The lobby was nice and grand. The room has free wifi and the design was very modern. The only complaint was too expensive. Haa

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Philippe K, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for chosen to stay with Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, we looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

looking to support the Hilton chain, we stayed at the Baiyan hotel. WARNING!!! before getting into a cab, makes sure that the cab driver knows where the hotel is located. The hotel is relatively new and in a somewhat isolated area. We had the cab ride from hell with cabbie having great difficulty finding the hotel.
The hotel itself is new, clean and acceptable. As it was Harvest Festival, the lounge / bar was closed and the service in the lobby bar was underwhelming. After the cab ride, that was disappointing!
My wife and I had a couples massage at the spa which was most enjoyable. I would not rate this as a 5 star and i prefer the Hilton in Tianhe area to this one - stayed there during April business trip. However, Baiyan Hilton more convenient for the airport.
I would not rush back to this hotel but would probably put up with a longer cab ride and stay at Hilton Tianhe on future visits.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Philippe K, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments. Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun is locate at Baiyun Wanda Plaza, hotel surrounding area is improving, here would be a business district in the upcoming 2 years later. Sorry for the crab driver didn't brought you a good experience.

We hope to welcome you and your wife back again in the near future, other than Spa, there are more great things waiting for your to explore here.

Have a nice day !

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our initial room had a horrendous mouldy smell. We complained about it in the morning and were told that room service will deal with it. When we got back to the room at night we felt the smell had remained. Upon calling room service they sent room service to "Fix the problem" however they just ended up spraying air freshener in the room. This did not resolve the problem and within a few minutes the mouldy smell remained. We called again to complain this time we changed rooms however this process took 45 minutes to complete so was the last thing i wanted to do late at night.

Other than the initial room problem it was a pleasant stay and a very nice hotel.

For would be travellers i would tell them to be cautious with taxi drivers as every one i encountered seem to want to rip me off. Getting to the hotel from the airport cost me 103 RMB including toll which the hotel staff later told me was a little high. Going back to the airport cost me 85 RMB including toll as i was a lot more cautious using iphone maps. The taxi driver initially refused to give me the receipt, then tried to persuade me that toll cost around 50RMB which it didn't as it only cost around 15RMB. It's not a lot of money at the end of the day however i am a firm believer that tourists/foreigners should not get ripped off. During my stay i was told one couple had been charged 700RMB by taxi drivers to get from the railway station which is absurd as they were charged over tenfold what the cost should have been.

These unscrupulous taxi drivers unfortunately seem to be a common place so you should request for the toll receipt as well as taxi receipt. The taxi should only cost around 85 RMB and a maximum of 100RMB if the taxi driver takes a slight detour coming to/from the airport. Any more than that and they really should be reported.

1  Thank pest_mik

Dear pest_mik

I am sorry your room was not in perfect condition and hope that you would return to us again in the future.
Thank you for having shared your experience about your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed there for four nights visiting the Canton fair. I was hesitating trying a new hotel in a completely new area of the town, which a have been visiting for the last 21 years, but after staying there I can tell it is the best hotel I have stayed in Guangzhou and it will surely be my first choice for future trips.

We had an executive room which was very nice, spacious and well taken care of and with beds so compfortable that "called" you to go to sleep early. I think the beds are among my 2-3 best hotel beds I have slept on. The executive lounge also a very good experience, with a nice view of the surrounding area, attentive and smiling staff and a good selection of finger food to relax after work.

The gym facilities are very well equipped and the indoor pool and sauna perfect for relaxing after a long business day.

The breakfast and dinner buffet have many choices, but I felt they are not up to the standard of the rest hotel facilities & services. Having visited other Hilton hotels around the world I expected something more. Actually, both nights that we had the buffet dinner I found out that my choice of meat to be grilled (among 3 choices, one pork, two beef steaks)was finished when I asked for it, although the second time it was only before 8 p.m., the restaurant closing at 10:00 pm!!! When I complained I realized that the cooks had taken away the steaks from the buffet (on a table behind them) leaving clients with only one choice.

Hotel is far from the city centre, which was o.k. for me, but might not be appreciated by others, who prefer to get around and see things.

Communication with the staff is sometimes difficult (in all facilities except for the front desk and the concierge) but not to create a problem.

Overall a really nice stay.

Dear Lykosss

Great to see that you had a nice stay and enjoyed our service and facilities.
Thank you for having shared your experience about your stay at our hotel.