$140
  • Pool
$147
$135
  • Pool
The Garden Hotel Guangzhou(Guangzhou)
$208
Travelocity
Dongfang Hotel(Guangzhou)
$110
$86
All reviewsclose to the airportindian cheffactory visitshuttle busnearby mallbusiness tripeuropean foodchief conciergenice hotelfood streetspeaking englishan early morning flightvery pleasant stayrooms are largecouple of nightsbreakfast spreadhotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Happen to chance stay here for an overnight stay. Nice clean place with very friendly but to-the-business staff. Phillipino band was good at the bar lounge. Western restaurant extremely popular with their staff adding extra flavour to the sumptuous spread; kudos to Sankar their Indian chef who attracts a lot of fans with his deft milk tea serving. Managers were very friendly with each of them trying to impress upon the customers. A special mention of Tara at the bar lounge. The hotel has the pickup and drop shuttles which one has to master the route and the stops before really appreciating it. A good fitness center and a small outdoor swimming pool there. There is also a shuttle to the nearest shopping mall though God knows where are they, as u could find none in the vicinity. Prices on the higher side as compared to competition around, though there is distinct quality difference in service, rooms, cuisine, etc. a lovely place to relax before we takeoff on a transit. The real edge of this hotel are its staff. Highly recommended for patronage among transit passengers.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank VAS1586
Kitty C, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear VAS1586:

Thank you for your recent comments regarding Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu .We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive the guest comments, just like yours, giving us an opportunity to hear the guest voice, and helping us to ensure ongoing satisfaction for you and other guests when they stay with us in the future.

It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to leave the comments. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, especially to Sankar and Tara, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Amazing hotel, clean rooms, friendly personnel, decent buffet and swimming pool at a reasonable price. Open just 2-3 years ago, located 15mins away from the airport, shuttle bus service available, but...nowhere to go around the hotel. No shopping mall, food stalls or bar street, massage parlor, etc. Hard to find a taxi as well...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peide77
Kitty C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Peide77,

We would like to thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu for your recent stay in Guangzhou and appreciate taking time to share your comments.

We are always pleased to receive the guest comments, just like yours, giving us an opportunity to hear the guest voice, and please rest assured that we will make every effort to acheive the guest satisfaction, which will help us to make Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu as a leader in excellence.

We all looking forward to welcoming you back, or perhaps some of your friends whom you may care to recommend our hospitality.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Typically I see Crowne Plaza as an upscaled business brand, and Crowne Plaza Huadu represents that image very well. Modernly decorated with almost everything a step up from Holiday Inn, including bath amenities, furniture, service, etc. One small, but very important thing I especially appreciated was the internet speed at the hotel, which was by far the fastest I've had in China. It really helped me stay productive during my stay. Recognition for IHG members was excellent and I was upgraded to club level and given free drink vouchers, although I didn't get to use them. Breakfast in the lounge was not a huge spread but good coverage.

I had one small problem when I tried to reach the hotel by taxi from the airport around midnight, when the hotel shuttle had already stopped running. The taxi driver was very mad and rude at the fact that we were riding only such a short distance (from the airport). The hotel could have done more. When I inquire the hotel before arrival about taxi fare, the front desk told me "should be under 100 RMB", which turned out to be very inaccurate. The front desk also didn't proactively try to help arrange with my late night arrival. Lastly, when the bellman witnessed how the taxi driver acted, they didn't really help or offer suggestions as for next steps ( I didn't even get my change back for the taxi fare). At least they could have helped us take down the taxi driver's plate number.
Overall I had a pleasant stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Kitty C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Duxingzhe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to receive your positive comments especially for hotel internet speed.

About the taxi issue,We greatly appreciate you to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have communicated your feedback to the concerned department manager who will take appropriate action to rectify the issues.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your feedback enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to make improvement in the future.

Once again, we thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu and look forward to have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Huadu in Guangzhou for a week during a business trip to this part of China. Upon arrival the staff at reception were excellent and checked me in very quick and easy and spoke very good polite English too.

I was staying on the Club Floor which is on the 9th Floor and has complimentary access to the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge. This hotel is located in a business area where there isn't much to do around here but that said taxi's are very cheap in China so everything is close within as long as you get the address in Chinese which the hotel staff will do for you without doubt.

I used the airport shuttle bus for free to travel to the airport, then from the airport you can get the metro into the city which only costs 7 RMB, thats not even £1 and only takes around 40 minutes! The front desk staff are also very helpful in looking for local attractions and will even call you a taxi if required. At night the hotel has amazing LED lighting which changed colours and it looks amazing and stands out very much. The rooms on the 9th floor are excellent, they are very spacious and have free wifi across the whole hotel which is enough for checking emails etc... that said it was fast enough for me to catch up on my BBC iPlayer Eastenders in HD, so its pretty fast, especially at night when not much people are using it.

Now I am a very fussy person when it comes to hotels and I cannot fault this hotel one single bit at all, I was slightly cold in the first room and they changed my room right away so really I cannot complain about this or mark them down for this! I woke up at 8am each morning during my stay and went for complimentary breakfast in the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge and left the 'Service My Room' card on the handle and within 30 minutes after having my breakfast my room would be spanking and clean again! Each day this service was excellent, new bath robes, new towels, new bedding and nothing of mine was out of place and I feel I can trust everyone here. All the staff would welcome you and say hello when you are around the hotel. The lounge bar downstairs in the lobby is also excellent and very vibrant as well as the Garden Cafe which has a massive range of food for breakfast, ranging from English, American and Chinese foods!

As for the in room amenities there is everything, bath robes, plenty of towels, safe, weighing scale, fluffy slippers, complimentary water, shoe shine, HDMI sockets for your laptop, large screen TV, ethernet port, huge floor to ceiling windows which show a great sunset in the evening, night lights (all lights are LED in the rooms), electric bathroom curtains, shower gels, conditioners, lotions, bath salts, shaving kit, toothbrush kit, sewing kit, cotton buds, sanitary bags, hair dryer, stapler, paper clips, pencils, sharpeners, rubbers... you name it they have it this really is a proper business hotel!!! I even asked for a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the TV to watch movies and they even had this and it came to my room within minutes and even set it up for me, which just saved me that little time. Also there is a travel adaptor in the rooms should you need this. The lovely beige leather business chair and glass table was great for me to wind down in the evening when catching up on my emails.

I ordered room service many times and each time they would come within 15-20 minutes! I would leave my tray outside the room and it would be picked up almost instantly. The bed is extremely comfortable and the pillows are just something you can dream of having at home! I think they are memory foam and feather types. The local area is rather dead with not much going on but from what it seems like its a developing area as there are new buildings being built everywhere, so looks like Crowne Plaza have future proofed their location here! The Crowne Plaza Club Lounge has a a great view of Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and if its not as foggy you can see the planes landing and taking off... from the room window you can see them defending and approaching.. but this is only from the front facing rooms. I stayed in room 919 from the 10th Feb to 16th Feb.

The staff in the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge are excellent, very polite and accommodating and there are PC's in there with English Windows 7 software and even a HP colour laser printer which is simple to use, just like home. The staff will even get you the drinks, coffee and food even though its a buffet type of service. One night in the lounge I noticed they had mango juice which was rather tasty so the next morning at breakfast they did not seem to have it, so upon asking they lady from the lounge she went out of the way to get me two bottles and said I could take one back to my room for later, it was the extra touches like this which made me feel very welcome so I would like to thank Crowne Plaza for this.

I would like to add that I am normally a Hilton Hotels person and I have stayed at many Hilton Hotels in the UK and China and I am their gold Hilton HHonours member, but upon staying here I can confidently say that Crowne Plaza does tick a lot more boxes than Hilton and they could learn a lot from Crowne Plaza! If you are looking to book this hotel then don't even think twice about it, just book it! I can guarantee that you will love it! Check out my pictures for more information and tasters!

I have been slacking with my reviews lately and have missed out a few dozen hotel reviews but this hotel has been such an excellent experience for me that I am sat at Guangzhou Airport right now to share my experience with you all, this hotel really deserves a hats off. Thank you for reading!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 919, although all the rooms are the same on the 9th Floor, the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge and Club Floor is a must especially if you are a business traveller who will be spending some time in the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ZShah29
Kitty C, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear ZShah29 :

We are so pleased to receive the guest positive comments, just like yours, it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to leave the comments. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu a leader in excellence.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed there one night while changing flights in Guangzhou. I chose this hotel beacause they had large twin rooms (beds 130cm large) for our family of 4, not far from airport. We had a good price offer, maybe depending on the period - not so busy.
The hôtel is very nice, not so far to the airport, in Huadu. We took Airport Express bus Nr 9 to Huadu in front of terminal. The Hotel has the free airport shuttle, just need to call before to see where and when they are at the airport
As our next flght was very early we didnt have breakfast, but we experienced the nice dinner buffet (seafood, international food, etc..) which I recommend to all.

Room Tip: The double bed room is the largest they have, but it's suitable for family
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cristinaoh
Kitty C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear kinsh,

We are always pleased to receive your positive comments and thanks for your recommendation to all people.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.