“100% Superb & Brilliant 5* Hotel - Probably The Best in Guangzhou! My In Depth Review!”

Ranked #25 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Huadu in Guangzhou for a week during a business trip to this part of China. Upon arrival the staff at reception were excellent and checked me in very quick and easy and spoke very good polite English too.

I was staying on the Club Floor which is on the 9th Floor and has complimentary access to the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge. This hotel is located in a business area where there isn't much to do around here but that said taxi's are very cheap in China so everything is close within as long as you get the address in Chinese which the hotel staff will do for you without doubt.

I used the airport shuttle bus for free to travel to the airport, then from the airport you can get the metro into the city which only costs 7 RMB, thats not even £1 and only takes around 40 minutes! The front desk staff are also very helpful in looking for local attractions and will even call you a taxi if required. At night the hotel has amazing LED lighting which changed colours and it looks amazing and stands out very much. The rooms on the 9th floor are excellent, they are very spacious and have free wifi across the whole hotel which is enough for checking emails etc... that said it was fast enough for me to catch up on my BBC iPlayer Eastenders in HD, so its pretty fast, especially at night when not much people are using it.

Now I am a very fussy person when it comes to hotels and I cannot fault this hotel one single bit at all, I was slightly cold in the first room and they changed my room right away so really I cannot complain about this or mark them down for this! I woke up at 8am each morning during my stay and went for complimentary breakfast in the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge and left the 'Service My Room' card on the handle and within 30 minutes after having my breakfast my room would be spanking and clean again! Each day this service was excellent, new bath robes, new towels, new bedding and nothing of mine was out of place and I feel I can trust everyone here. All the staff would welcome you and say hello when you are around the hotel. The lounge bar downstairs in the lobby is also excellent and very vibrant as well as the Garden Cafe which has a massive range of food for breakfast, ranging from English, American and Chinese foods!

As for the in room amenities there is everything, bath robes, plenty of towels, safe, weighing scale, fluffy slippers, complimentary water, shoe shine, HDMI sockets for your laptop, large screen TV, ethernet port, huge floor to ceiling windows which show a great sunset in the evening, night lights (all lights are LED in the rooms), electric bathroom curtains, shower gels, conditioners, lotions, bath salts, shaving kit, toothbrush kit, sewing kit, cotton buds, sanitary bags, hair dryer, stapler, paper clips, pencils, sharpeners, rubbers... you name it they have it this really is a proper business hotel!!! I even asked for a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the TV to watch movies and they even had this and it came to my room within minutes and even set it up for me, which just saved me that little time. Also there is a travel adaptor in the rooms should you need this. The lovely beige leather business chair and glass table was great for me to wind down in the evening when catching up on my emails.

I ordered room service many times and each time they would come within 15-20 minutes! I would leave my tray outside the room and it would be picked up almost instantly. The bed is extremely comfortable and the pillows are just something you can dream of having at home! I think they are memory foam and feather types. The local area is rather dead with not much going on but from what it seems like its a developing area as there are new buildings being built everywhere, so looks like Crowne Plaza have future proofed their location here! The Crowne Plaza Club Lounge has a a great view of Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and if its not as foggy you can see the planes landing and taking off... from the room window you can see them defending and approaching.. but this is only from the front facing rooms. I stayed in room 919 from the 10th Feb to 16th Feb.

The staff in the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge are excellent, very polite and accommodating and there are PC's in there with English Windows 7 software and even a HP colour laser printer which is simple to use, just like home. The staff will even get you the drinks, coffee and food even though its a buffet type of service. One night in the lounge I noticed they had mango juice which was rather tasty so the next morning at breakfast they did not seem to have it, so upon asking they lady from the lounge she went out of the way to get me two bottles and said I could take one back to my room for later, it was the extra touches like this which made me feel very welcome so I would like to thank Crowne Plaza for this.

I would like to add that I am normally a Hilton Hotels person and I have stayed at many Hilton Hotels in the UK and China and I am their gold Hilton HHonours member, but upon staying here I can confidently say that Crowne Plaza does tick a lot more boxes than Hilton and they could learn a lot from Crowne Plaza! If you are looking to book this hotel then don't even think twice about it, just book it! I can guarantee that you will love it! Check out my pictures for more information and tasters!

I have been slacking with my reviews lately and have missed out a few dozen hotel reviews but this hotel has been such an excellent experience for me that I am sat at Guangzhou Airport right now to share my experience with you all, this hotel really deserves a hats off. Thank you for reading!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 919, although all the rooms are the same on the 9th Floor, the Crowne Plaza Club Lo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ZShah29
Kitty C, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear ZShah29 :

Thank you for your recent comments regarding Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu .We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are so pleased to receive the guest positive comments, just like yours, it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to leave the comments. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.

Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed there one night while changing flights in Guangzhou. I chose this hotel beacause they had large twin rooms (beds 130cm large) for our family of 4, not far from airport. We had a good price offer, maybe depending on the period - not so busy.
The hôtel is very nice, not so far to the airport, in Huadu. We took Airport Express bus Nr 9 to Huadu in front of terminal. The Hotel has the free airport shuttle, just need to call before to see where and when they are at the airport
As our next flght was very early we didnt have breakfast, but we experienced the nice dinner buffet (seafood, international food, etc..) which I recommend to all.

Room Tip: The double bed room is the largest they have, but it's suitable for family
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cristinaoh
Kitty C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear kinsh,

We are always pleased to receive your positive comments and thanks for your recommendation to all people.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Excellent Property to stay in... good food, new interiors, hotel looks fresh.. 15 minutes to Airport with hotel shuttle... good to stay especially if you have a early morning flight to catch. A little away from city but a good value for money. I paid around 650 RMB per night... which was like a steal for the quality hotel in Guanzhou city

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kitty C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear PKJ123 ,

We are always pleased to receive your positive comments as the hotel "Good Value for money".

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel. Rooms are well appointed and one would definitely feel welcomed in this hotel. The room interiors are generally well sized and more importantly, clean.

The only down side here is the location. It is "far" from eateries and not certainly not within walking distance to any shopping facility.

There is a shuttle service between the hotel and the airport but you need to seek clarity from the front desk.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kitty C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear ngck2006 ,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu .We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive your praise as "an excellent hotel" and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to leave the comments.

Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

i have to raise a hat to all the travelers who were able to find the Shuttle Bus from the Airport. We were not so fortunate. There are no signs and asking at the airport is a waste of time. We were directed to the 'taxi' counter and told that we have to take a taxi which will cost $50. When we declined, we were approached by man who offered to take us to the hotel in their private cars for $35. At the end we took a real taxi from the taxi stand and paid $10. Good thing I had the directions printed in Chinese. I don't understand why the hotel does not provide proper directions to their Shuttle Bus.
Other then that the hotel is very nice, clean, the stuff is friendly and helpful. The room had everything we needed and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent with many choices. The Shuttle Bus to the airport was on time and efficient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ea-tos
Kitty C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear ea-tos ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have communicated your feedback to the concerned department manager who will take appropriate action to rectify the issues.

Thanks for your highly appraisement to the hotel and the staff .It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations, your feedback will surely enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to make improvement in the future.

Once again, we thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu and look forward to have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere, so in the evenings you have to take a long taxi ride to find entertainment.
However, the hotel offers very decent food and wine, there is a gum and a pool for recreation. Breakfast is good. Service level is above average and most staff speak decent English.
The hotel is only 20 minutes from the airport, very convenient.
All in all, for business this is a good hotel at very acceptable rates. For tourist, I would recommend to stay downtown Guangzhou if you want more than just a meal and a bed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kitty C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to receive your praise of "Good business hotel", It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to leave the comments. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have visited this hotel before and since then the hotel has improved a lot. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is around 15 minutes from the airport and they provide a shuttle bus. Beware if you are coming from the airport to the hotel check with the hotel which gate to go to get their shuttle as I made a mistake and ended up in Guangzhou and it cost me £25 to get back having been given the wrong information.
The rooms are large and comfortable and there is no need to upgrade as a superior room is 5 star. The restaurant has a full menu or Buffet menu. The buffet is truly amazing with every kind of dish you can think of. More like a cruise Liner buffet. The Asian Head Chef is brilliant and his Indian Lamb Curry was delicious. Manny one of the Waitresses was polite and charming overall I was very impressed with my one night stay.
It rained the day I got there but there is a nice garden with swimming pool where you can relax before the long flight home.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kitty C, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear white100 ,
Thank you for your recent comments regarding Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu.We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu a leader in excellence.

Sincerely ,