All reviews close to the airport hotel shuttle garden cafe indian chef factory visit nearby mall complimentary shuttle service business trip chief concierge lounge bar speaking english very pleasant stay rooms are large couple of nights excellent hotel breakfast spread club room
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here while having a 36 hours transit at Baiyun Intl after being advised against staying at Pullman by a friend who frequents this part of the world. The staff were amazingly polite (this being China...) and most of them spoke functional English to my delight. My 4th floor room was spacious, tastefully furnished with business-centric amenities. The free WiFi+wired internet was blazingly fast, occasionally reaching 40 Mbps. Toilet and bedding were top notched, as expected from a 5 star hotel of course. Food was relatively cheap (I had western most of the time), and they serve one of the best breakfasts in all of China. There is a large garden by the swimming pool to help you unwind and relax. Didn't try on the recreational facilities though. Free luxury van shuttles are available hourly to and from Baiyun Intl. To take the free shuttle you had to go to gate 30 (ask the information counter how to get there), get a sweaty and tired while waiting for the hourly shuttle. Don't follow the crowd (like I almost did) and board the wrong bus. The shuttle is a red people carrier with Crowne Plaza clearly marked all over it. From then on its a 10-15 minutes ride.

The only downside of this hotel - its location that is neither near the airport nor the town. There is nothing, absolutely nothing adjacent to the hotel (apart from more hotels) The nearest town Huadu is an RMB 40 taxi ride away. Most taxis hailed by the road will refuse to take you there saying that they are from Guangzhou city and have little knowledge of Huadu, so try your luck!

Highly recommended if you want to stay in the hotel all day long, absolutely no if you plan to explore.

Room tip: There are smoking floors, avoid them if you don't smoke.
Date of stay: May 2013
1  Thank LordTCT
sandy l, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu for your recent stay in Guangzhou and appreciate taking time to share your comments.

It is our honour to get your highly praise of our hotel and the service which we provided, we will keep on providing the best service to our every valued guest, and we all looking forward to welcoming you back, or perhaps some of your friends whom you may care to recommend our hospitality.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I chose this hotel during the canton fair. The hotel has good building, infrastructure but you should consider this hotel as a hotel in Mars. You do not have anywhere to go nearby and there is no market, no shop, no supermarket, nothing in the neighborhood. The rooms are clean and big enough with new amenities but this does not give you the comfort. The hotel is located near airport but not too close like Baiyun Airport Pullman. It takes 10 minutes ride. This have a good aspect and bad aspect simultaneously. When you take a cab after waiting in a long queue, when you give the address to the taxi driver, they may pretend that they do not know the address or they make a gesture asking you to take another car. This is because that they have waited in their own queue and they like to have a customer to pay them at least 150-200 RMB. In this case keep calm, let the driver play as much as he likes then offer him 20-30 RMB more let him start the cab and go to your destination. The better option is that using hotel shuttle from the airport. Ask reception for the schedule at the time of . The hotel had offered a package for canton fair, including a free ride. Even if you had not taken this package, there was a shuttle. The Fair is very far around 40 minutes bus ride. I believe if you take a hotel in Foshan (there are good hotels and cheaper than this one), each trip may be less than this. They gave an schedule for the shuttle from the fair to the hotel and vice versa but they never did respect this schedule and you should wait at the bus until it will be full.
I did not check the restaurants but the breakfast in comparison to other crown Plaza hotels in China was simpler. If you like go to the city it is better to forget this hotel. The taxi fare will be too much each time.
I would never come back to this hotel due to its location.

Date of stay: April 2013
1  Thank citoyen-du-universe
sandy l, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu and taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
we are constantly on making efforts to provide the best service to our valued guest ,according to the comments you mentioned about, we are making efforts to improve our shuttle bus schedule for achieving guest satisfaction, any of our valued guest could obtain the details through our concierge team.
Guest satisfaction is the goal of our management. We will do every effort to meet that goal by improving our service. Once again, we feel so thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu and look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I tried Crowne Plaza Huadu when I had a 15hr stop in Guangzhou. Very nice hotel and about half the price of Pullman's at the airport. Great service, nice rooms. Its about 15-20 minutes from the airport.

The only problem is that it isn't clear on how to arrange the shuttlebus from the airport to the hotel. I ended up catching a cab there. Shuttle bus back to airport was fine though.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
sandy l, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu for your recent stay in Guangzhou and appreciate your taking the time to share your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back, or perhaps some of your friends whom you may care to recommend our hospitality.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Having an early morning flight I needed to stay near the airport and selected this hotel. Very friendly and helpful reception staff. The room was quite large and very comfortable with all the usual amenities including Satellite TV, Mini Bar, Great Bathroom and very large and comfortable bed.
The restaurant is also very large and the food is good. I had a Burger with Chips and it was delicious all washed down with a nice glass of Chardonnay. Don't forget wine is very expensive in China at 5 star Hotels. Breakfast was buffet and an amazing spread both Chinese and Western.
Generally I actually liked this Hotel and for an Airport Hotel I thought it was very pleasant and probably worth staying more than one night as I noticed a large swimming pool and neat gardens.
Be careful when you arrive at the airport! Go to Gate 30 for the Hotel Shuttle Bus and just wait. I didn't and ended up in the Centre of Guangzhou having been told that the bus I was getting was the right one. I should no better trusting someone when they don't speak English to give me the right information. Never mind I only wasted 2 hours and £25 on taxis getting back.

Room tip: I had an executive room which only a few pounds more.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
sandy l, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked three rooms on the club floor and as soon as I arrived the experience was just poor.
Positives
1. Location close to the airport
2. New hotel and so rooms are of a good standard
Negatives
1. On arrival check in was painful and no ambassador benefits
2. The hotel has an issue with the door lock system, apparently they are having major issues, I could not get access to my room and had to wait in club while new keys were obtained from reception.
3. Club floor service was terrible and not worth the extra cost.
4. Breakfast is very limited, if you order eggs they are made in the main kitchen and bought up. In my case I gave up after waiting 20 min.
5. After breakfast I could not gain access to my room again due to key card issues
6. On checkout the visa machine was not working resulting in a further wait.

Over all I left feeling very frustrated and did not have a positive feeling from my stay, not what you should expect from a hotel of this standard and part of IHG!

Date of stay: February 2013
2  Thank XKR100
sandy l, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have communicated your feedback to the Front Desk manager who will take appropriate action to rectify the issues. We will continue to strengthen service awareness and skill of our staff to avoid these problems from happening again.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your feedback enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to make improvement in the future.

Once again, we thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu and look forward to have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.