All reviewsclose to the airporthotel shuttlegarden cafeindian cheffactory visitnearby mallchief conciergelounge barbusiness tripan early morning flightspeaking englisha free shuttle busvery pleasant stayrooms are largecouple of nightsshuttle servicebreakfast spread
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

It's been several months since I stayed here, yet as a platinum member and making it a point to stay here every time I stay in GZ I felt I needed to inform those who consider to stay here.

Although rather far from the city center this hotel is a major gem. Very close to the airport and the only restaurant in the area to serve decent western food.

Spacious rooms, well decored and clean areas make this a esthetic ally pleasing to the eye and touch.

Staff is very curtious, happy and helpful.

Exceptional value. The rooms are well priced and approx 40-50% less than the Portman at the airport about 15-20 min away.

The CP Huadu is a exceptional value upscale hotel. The best in the area. No question.

• Stayed: November 2012
sandy l, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu for your recent stay in Guangzhou and appreciate your taking the time to share your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back, or perhaps some of your friends whom you may care to recommend our hospitality.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great business hotel,located close to the airport, rooms are spacious, modern and clean, staff are very helpful. the all day dining is good, Chinese restaurant is a bit risky if you are an out of towner.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
sandy l, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Reviewed January 3, 2013

very nice hotel, comfortable and spacious rooms.
real fast check-in / fast check out.
met the director at breakfast, overlooking the good behavior of his staff; no wonder this makes the staff meeting the challenhing expectation of the business travellers.

Room Tip: the higher the better, for the view (evenso the fog is terrible !)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
sandy l, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for two occassions in one week.

I arrived from the airport in their shuttle bus. Just a note for international arrivals, you need to leave the international terminal and go under the road to the termainal on the other side. Find gate 30 and there is where the bus meets you.

Other than ringing the hotel, I had no way of knowing where the shuttle bus collected passengers from.

The hotel is large and airy, and being an ambassador member I did feel well looked after.

The room was exellant and had everything a business traveller could ask for. The bed was large and comfortable, and decent quiet airconditioning made the environment very pleasant.
The batthroom had pleanty of room to put toiletries around and could not be faulted.

The service by all members of staff was quick and curtious. I never felt as if anything was too much trouble.

Admittedly I only managed to have breakfast in the hotel, but the buffet had pleanty on offer for all tastes. however just a personal thing, I prefer my bacon less crispy!

The only issue i had with the hotel was when i left i was waiting for the free shuttle bus, and was there in plenty of time and "booked" my space as requested. I could not see where it was nor was I told where to meet it. In short I missed it and therfore had to get a taxi to the airport, other wise I would have ben late for my flight.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SteveGreenway
sandy l, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have communicated your feedback to the concerned department manager who will take appropriate action to rectify the issues.

Once again, we thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu and look forward to have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my first time at this hotel although I do use Crowne Plaza Hotels both in UK and in China and on this occasion I had a meeting in Guangzhou with an early flight out. So decided to stay near to the airport and suffer the trek into Guangzhou city which can take anything between 40 mins to 1 hour by taxi. But as long as you can chose the right time to travel into town it is not so bad and the CAB price is reasonable.
Because it was a quick visit I only staid 2 nights, on the first night I ate in the restaurant which was very nice. On the second night I had a few beers in the bar (again very reasonable) and then had a snack in my room. Later that evening I learned my early flight out the next day had been cancelled and I was hoping that I would be delayed by 24 hours so that I could enjoy the hotel for one more day as a tourist - I found it so relaxing and friendly - but it didn't work out that way and I just got switched onto another airline.
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would have liked to stay longer to relax and enjoy all the facilities. Not to mention that the price is VERY reasonable and trust me, I do not like spending money unnecessarily and always look for the best deals.
With all this said I would very much recommend this hotel for the same reasons I stayed there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
sandy l, Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Cabennat,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your compliment on our staff as well as the food. For your information, our hotel provides scheduled shuttle bus to and from the airport. Once again, thank you for your patronage and hope that you will continue to choose Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu in future.