“Excellent hotel, despite the bad start...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guangzhou Marriott Hotel Tianhe

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Guangzhou Marriott Hotel Tianhe
Ranked #8 of 3,392 Hotels in Guangzhou
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent hotel, despite the bad start...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

After some tough travelling with delayed airplanes, I arrived around 10 pm in the hotel. Finally ! Though, they told me that the room is not available because of an electricity issue. I decide to have some dinner in the meantime (this can happen, I do not blame the hotel here) and ask them to do the check in for me, put my luggage in the room and bring the key to the restaurant. Though after 1 hour, no key yet. So I check if the room is ready and indeed, the issue was solved and the room was ready. Though digging up my luggage took another 20 minutes and going through the whole check in procedure was also cumbersome (which they should have done while I was waiting).

Anyway, the rest of the stay was a delight. The room was wonderful (1508) was wonderful decorated with a lot of taste, separate shower, big flatscreen TV, ipod docking, very fast wireless internet etc. It was a corner suite and it truly had all comfort which I expected in a hotel. Maybe one of the nicest rooms I stayed in at Marriott. Very well done ! Also the exec lounge is very enjoyable with excellent breakfast and service.

I had dinner in the bistro restaurant on the 5th floor and the food was fresh, tasty and all delivered with the right level of service.

Summarized, I will be back when I am in Guangzhou next time as I liked very much the hotel, the room, the restaurant. The hick up at check in, I consider as something which can happen though the way it was handled was maybe not the best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've been here a couple of times in recent months and really enjoy the great value proposition.
The hotel is very centrally situated and more or less brand new. The rooms are quite large and the mattresses allow for a really good night's sleep.
Though I don't need much bells and whistles on my business trips, I enjoy the reliable quality of all aspects of the hotel as that's still not a given in a five star hotel in China.
It will be my regular base in Guangzhou in the foreseeable future.

1 Thank MarioChristoph
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Impeccable service, very comfortable rooms, great location. everything you need for a terrific visit to Guangzhou, be it for work or pleasure.

It's a bit pricey, especially if compared to a top level Chinese hotel, but I will be back when i'm in Guangzhou for business in the future

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

this was the first time we stayed at this hotel and it was flawless. The rooms are nice and the service was very efficient and friendly.
I would like to especially mention Ms. Zhou in the Lobby Lounge who did an excellent job serving us during the entire duration of our stay. Thank you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'm traveling for Business , and when I chose marriott , I chose it because I need to safe time in flight Booking , printing and other business servicess , Marriott Hotel Helps me to arrange succesfull meetings in many places but I in this Hotel i do not think that I can do such thing here .

when I went to business center the lady there cant understand what I need ! even she ask for help but its the same he cant spake english .

== its hard to orer tabasco Red sauce !

if you like riding elevators then this is the place for you as you have to change 2 elevateors to see your room , 1st one will take you to the 5th floor then from there you have to take another one to your room .

== its hard to order laundry pick up

even you stand in the nicely marked taxi point , the taxis will not came to you and no one we get taxi for you unless you ask 2 times

== its hard to order room service food

I Book smoking room when arrived there is no ashtray - its not hard to order ashtray - then we have to wait till comes

== its hard to ask for the electrical bathroom curtain to be repaird

I have been disturbed by taxi drivers at night time and before that by some prostitutes in front of the hotel and the hotel staff say nothing.

== there is Mosquito in room

frankly the staff would like to help but because the language they cant understand what they need , managment shall invest in the staff and find some way to improve there english .

till that done and as an advice go to Marriott China Hotel its Better

security advice: do not go after 11 night time to out side the hotel there is taxi drivers that will bother you + prostitutes ( even ugly ones )

see you there

Room Tip: Book any room in Marriott China Hotel it will be better in service
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

What can I say? My first visit as a gold member and they put me in the executive suite. The walk through took a couple of minutes to video document. Fresh fruit and a new decor. Bright and airy. The jacuzzi tub was a great way to unwind after the trip into town. I wish I had more than one night there.

The complimentary drink was a big disappointment. It would have been better not to have offered it.

Conveniently located next to a mall, off site meals were good and varied.

I went back later in the same trip and got a lesser, but still pleasant room.

Was VERY disappointed I could not use my travelers checks. Marriott is usually good about this.

Fairly easy access to the subway. Don't get lost in the underground sales market.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Was pretty dissapointed when we stayed 1 night at the Marriott Guangzhou Hotel in April. The rooms were clean and had very modern set up but if you look carefully everything was just rough around the edges. It seems like a really rushed job to finish the renovation, looks like a cheap job! The plumbing for the toilet had to be fixed several times!! Not good!! The breakfast is pretty so so! However, the staff were very friendly and helpful with limited English.

Just a warning about getting a taxi to the hotel, they don't like dropping passengers off at the entrance of the hotel because the traffic is pretty bad around there.

Not up to the Marriott standard! Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013