“Central location, good hotel overall...”

Ranked #17 of 3,458 Hotels in Guangzhou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed there for a business trip in Guangzhou. Easily accessed by various transportation, closely located to my meetings in Tianhe district. Room was great, service is very good, very customer-oriented.

Specially rekon the bar on the 8th floor :)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Happy-mi-city
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear guest,
Bonjour! It is always a pleasure for us to receive positive feedback. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Very good hotel - location excellent (45 mins to airport) Hospitality and service first rate particularly in 8Fourbourg and 2nd floor restaurant. Thankyou Ruby, Eugine and Byron. Rooms were very good -

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank david a

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family and we loved the room, the bathroom had a tub and standing shower so we were able to soak in the tub then shower finish. I enjoyed the TV while soaking in the tub, it was really nice :) my cousin and I went to the 24 hr gym and exercised a bit, unfortunAtely it was past 10 so the pool was closed (better luck next time I guess haha) the location is right next to the subway so it was quite convenient. Only thing I would complain about it that the sliding bathroom doors don't close completely, there's a slight gap that is quite uncomfortable because if someone wanted to peep in they would be able to see everything from the room...overall it was fun and comfy, I'll be back again

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Pasandounrato
Dear guest,
Bonjour! Thank you very much for your constructive feedback.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Your comments to bathroom sliding doors have been shared with hotel Engineering team and it has been repaired well.

Tianjin, China
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The rooms are beautiful, that's for sure, but that's a reflection of the price. The reason for my disappointment was lies in the fact that I arrived in a taxi and wasn't even approached by the doorman. I checked in. Wasn't even asked if I needed help with my bags. And then when I came back after sightseeing, I stopped in the foyer and was approached in no less that two minutes by two separate prostitutes who propositioned me for sex. Absolutely disgusting. They were both sitting down and pounced as fast as they could when they saw me walk in. I told the concierge and I don't know if anything was done about it, because he didn't mention it when I saw him the next morning... but if that's the sort of thing that happens, then it's the last place I would recommend a family to stay in. I also wanted to have a look at the pool... just a look, a glance... check it out... maybe sit down and relax. But I was escorted in, and had a chaperone the whole time so it was just awkward and weird.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank TVH3121
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Bonjour! We welcome all constructive comments, as it helps us to maintain high standards of quality, service and comfort for our guests.

We’re genuinely sorry to read that we did not handle the situation better and I have spoken with my team so that the similar incidents will be dealt with in a more appropriate manor.

Merci again or taking the time to review us and hoping to see you again soon to where you can witness the improvements we have made.

Life is Magnifique!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We are currently staying at the Sofitel having not stayed here for 11 months. I cannot believe the difference in this hotel. When we arrived I had to take my own suitcases out of the boot as the one doorman was busy with several guests leaving. We were then let into the lift and the 29th floor was pushed (but we were not escorted up) to do check in. It was not the sort of welcome I envisaged. I chose to stay at this hotel due to the wonderful service in the Club Room last time. I'm not sure what has happened but it now feels severely understaffed and the hardworking staff are literally run off their feet. Tonight there was one person working for the majority of the time in the Club Lounge. Though he was extremely hard working and gracious, the Club a Room was quite busy. Little food was replenished, we had to serve our own drinks and plates were cleared very infrequently. It was a ridiculous workload for the staff and we felt reluctant to ask for anything eg ice, drinks. It feels like cost cutting has gone too far and affected service greatly. In addition, there is very little to eat if you do not like dumplings or dim sum. In one year this has become the worst Sofitel Club room I have experienced. I probably will try a different hotel next time we visit Guangzhou.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JLee70
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear guests,
Bonjour! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. The experience you described causes us deep concern. Please rest assured that the necessary actions have been taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.