“Truly 5 star”

Ranked #17 of 3,396 Hotels in Guangzhou
Mumbai
“Truly 5 star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3nights on a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. As an international traveller language is a big problem here and also the attitude of people in guangzhou is not very helpful, however the service and guidance of the hotel staff overcomes all your problems and concerns. Superb staff always smiling and willing to help. Very quick with checkin, checkout and currency xchange. Local banks would take about 30mins against 5min of the hotel with a marginal difference in xchange rate.rooms are xcellent with quality materials, very rich feel right from the linens on d bed to the bathroom fittings and cosmetics. Food was the only average experience but woudnt complain as though after being pampered so much by the hotel I guess I expected too much.lication is good for a buss. Traveller where almost everything is about 15 - 20mins by taxi BUT the better part is that the availabilty of good honest taxi service is avble at the doorstep with no more than 5mins of wait which otherwise is a min 45min wait. No major restaurants to eat arnd but u do have a 7-11 just behid d hotel (2min walk). I would reccomebd this hotel for leisure and buss travellers both. A very overwhelming experience. I loved everything about this hotel. Although ifyou are looking at a more convenient location with more shops and restaurants I think hilton is beyter placed.however next time I would definately stay back here only as I dnt mind d taxi rides.

• Stayed May 2013
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. it will be a pleasure to welcome you back in a near future. The Sofitel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stay at various 5-star properties 100 nights per year. I have stayed at many hotels offering benefits with my Centurion card. Sofitel does not participate, so I thought I would give them a try independently. WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!

I was politely greeted with a smile numerous times and felt at all times that they cared about my stay. The room was delightful and well appointed. Bathrooms were very well designed well functioning (many hotels in China build a nice property but then forget to maintain them). The upstairs lounge was clean and well staffed. Breakfast and food is so subjective, I will only say that while it was not enormous, it was always fresh and had selections to accommodate both Asian and Western tastes. I don't want to name specifically all the staff as I might miss one or two, but suffice it to say that they were all charming! There was managers available to resolve and questions and check in was fast. I was offered to show the room to assure it was acceptable. Finally, the price was reasonable.

I did have an issue with smokers abusing the "non-smoking" floor that I was on-- once I brought this to the attention of the staff, I was quickly re-accomodated. I can not blame the hotel for the smoking abuse, and they were quick to rectify the situation. Thank you!

I do not write often (actually--- my first) but I was moved to take the time to write to let others know that this hotel is excellent. If it fits your price and location, then in my opinion, it is an excellent choice.

I like to review the "trip Advisors" reviews, and usually find them to be mostly accurate...I think you will find this review on the mark.

May 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We have shared them with the team and you can rest assured that it will be a pleasure to welcome you back in a near future. The Sofitel Team
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I recently attended the Canton Fair in Guangzhou, China from May 2-6, 2013. Since the convention halls were huge, walking became quite a challenge towards the afternoon. Good thing we stayed at the Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich Hotel. The room at the club floor was very cozy and the bathtub offered a warm and relaxing retreat from the tiring day! The food at the lounge was ok but quite limited in selection. The staff though were very courteous and service was superb! I was able to try the indoor pool and the gym and I was very happy with the staff there as well. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try their spa. Next time I'm in Guangzhou I will definitely go back to this hotel...

Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Perhaps what separates this hotel from many others is the 1st class service of its staff. They are polite , friendly, and continually checking to make sure that your service needs are met. The rooms are modern and clean. Finding a hotel in Guangzhou with a good fitness room ( equipment that is modern/up to date) and pool is difficult. This gym and spa facility will not disappoint. I will stay here again on my next trip in.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Being a 5 star hotel, this is really not up to the standard. It may look luxury from the exterior, the buffet may look sumptuous with the wide variety, but it is not nice at all.
First, about the breakfast, I don't understand how could they provide so much food but not many of them is delicious. Especially the Chinese food section, it is totally failed. Only the pastry section is serving nice pastry. Not to mentioned the 6th floor chinese restaurant, which we were told that they serve authentic Cantonese food, but in fact, being a Cantonese, I would say those food failed.
Secondly, the room amenities. I hope they could improve on the towel quality, the iron, the hair dryer, the jug kettle. It shouldn't be that kind of brand and quality if you want to position as a luxury 5 star hotel, and also the bath tub.
Lastly, when I asked for a umbrella at the concierge while outside is having heavy rain, they asked me to sign and even warn me that if there are anything broken on the umbrella, they will charge me for that. How much is the umbrella and how much is the room rate? please allowed me say that this is really not that kind of service standard I would expect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We regret to read that we did not deliver a perfect experience.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide an exclusive service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us. For those reasons, please allow us to express our sincerest apologies in regards to the inconveniences caused.

We will look closely into the issues you have brought to light.

The Sofitel Team
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was in Guangzhou for a trade fair, the comfort level of the Sofitel is excellent, particularly the bed was very comfortable. I spoke with people who also stayed at other hotels and the cost of the Sofitel was at a premium to other 5 star hotels, even with Advantage Plus membership discount rates, so I would possibly look for better value for money options next time. I did pre book breakfast on my booking so was surprised when I was asked to pay for breakfast, for some reason this was not included on my booking which was not fully explained to me until check out. Small gym but great pool.
Overall, a very good experience.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your kind comments and constructive feedback. Please rest assured that our pricing remains extremely competitive at all time.

The Sofitel Team
mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The stay was very nice. The hotel is very clean and the technology on the rooms was very comfortable.
The staff do the imposible to have one smile on each customer.
The spa is amazing and profesional.

The food is wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank jcriverorrrrr
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, May 5, 2013