Stayed here with the husband for about 4 nights in Dec 2012.
Gorgeous room, excellent service (for most of the staff members we met) rendered and quality food served. Loved the tv screen in the bathroom mirror. The bathroom was lovely and the room was really beautiful. The welcome gift of a small pack of macarons was a sweet touch.
Examples of good service:
1) Prompt check-in and check-out.
2) Concierge helped to book the tickets for a circus show we were keen to watch. But this was after the first attempt, where a surly looking staff member at the concierge counter brushed us off with a "no, we don't help to book tickets for the circus" reply. Nevertheless, we are happy with the services rendered.
3) Husband was not feeling well. I called the concierge who got his staff to buy medicine for my husband. After getting the medicine, a staff member came up to our room and explained in detail on how to take the medicine.
Disappointed that we weren't able to try out the buffet breakfast as my husband was unwell, so we ordered daily room service for breakfast and the occasional dinner. Food was fresh, well cooked and portions were generous.
Location wise, not ideal, as the metro was not within walking distance. You could take a 15-min bus ride (bus stop is less than 5 minutes of walking from the hotel) to the nearby GZ East Railway Station, and transfer to the metro there. We encountered rain on most of the days there, so we took a cab mostly whenever we went out. Be sure to bring along an address card as most of the drivers did not know the name in English. By the way, the drivers would know the location if you could say "Suo Fei Te Jiu Dian", which translates into Sofitel Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in Tianhe, the most dynamic financial and commercial district of Guangzhou, the hotel is less than a kilometre away from city landmark CITIC Square and a five minutes drive from Guangzhou East Railway Station, the transportation hub connecting Guangzhou, Dongguan, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Facilities include 493 spectacular Paris style decor rooms and suites, all overlooking TianHe trendy skyline, 5 innovative bars and restaurants,extensive recreational facilities from SoSpa, SoFit 24-hour fitness centre to an indoor pool enjoying a panoramic view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich Hotel Guangzhou