$232
  • Pool
$118
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$116
$204
$149
$192
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$222
1,815 results
All reviewsclub millesimebathroom mirrorluxury roomclub floorbeautiful hotelplatinum membercanton fairspecial thanksbusiness triplate checkrooms are spaciousan upgradechinese restaurantexecutive loungetianhe districtbreakfast buffet iscanton tower
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The Sofitel Guangzhou is impressive.
Positives.
Great designed and functional rooms. Beautiful bathrooms. Comfortable bed.
Japanese restaurant was delicious. With fantastic service.
Overall the hotel had great efficient service.
Gym & pool were great also.

Some negatives.
Very big (in fact a bit too big for my liking).
The lobby was overpowered by some fake scent that was not aromatherapy!
The breakfast buffet was big and hearty with all the expected items, except it had no muesli (in fact only children's cereals .. and the room was full of adults! ... however the chef went out of his way to try and find me some, but with no success ... but i would think this would be staple on the cereal buffet)
Location was not ideal (for me anyway)

Overall, a well managed hotel, with great staff, and some interesting design.
One of the best hotels in Guangzhou.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank thomas_destinations
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was a short holiday trip with my mom. It's a nice hotel with everything we need. It's very happy to have our room upgraded and enjoyed a rather large and nicely-decorated room.
However, the service absoloutely can be improved. The staff at the lobby are not initiative enough to serve. While checking in, we need to ask about the breakfast place and time on our own, and they didn't tell us where the lift lobby is. We need to ask everything on our own. There was also no info card with hotel address provided neither in room nor lobby until we went to ask the staff before we went out and play.
For the hotel breakfast, it was included in our hotel package but the lady at the restaurant said there was only one provided. After showing our proof, she went to check again and let us start our breakfast. I guess it's better for them to check before querying us? During breakfast, I found the waiters in the restaurant not serving enough as well. Not many tables were occupied that morning but they left the tables in a mess after cutomers left for quite a long time. They are also not coming to serve current customers fast enough. Everytime I came back with another plate of food, the former one was still there on my table.
There was also a problem in cancelling the deposit on credit card during our check-out. We didn't encounter this problem with the same card in another hotel in Shenzhen. Sofitel at last charged us RMB0.01 since they are unable to cancel it. RMB0.01 is not a problem for me, but I think they should tell us the card doesn't work in their hotel before this was done during check-in.
It takes about 15 minutes for us to walk from the MTR station (體育西路) back to the hotel. It's not too far but still can be a tiring journey after a day's trip. I suggest to take taxi at the entrance of the big bookstore 新華書店 to go back to hotel. It's just RMB 10 for the ride.
這是一間很舒適的酒店,但服務員應更自發地向客人給予服務,而非要客人每事問才得知基本資料或得到基本的服務。

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bonnieng1122
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Nice heated pool. Attractive water bottles with the matching cap. Nice amenities like wooden comb and L Occitane toiletries !!! I enjoyed the tub and water which came out was just the right temperature 42 to 44Celsius. Similar to the onsen of Japan.

Far from action if you walk. Kentucky Fried Chicken took me 20 minutes on foot as i followed advice from Sofitel staff to follow sidewalk of major road. Short cut in small alleys was not recommended. ,after the walk , IFC, Victory Plaza will be clearly visible. To Guangzhou Station, taxi is fast maybe 5 minutes and i think it cost only 10 renminbi and i took the express train to Shenzhen from there. Hotel staff informed me it can reach 50 renminbi and can take a long time if rush hour so i left hotel at 2pm to avoid traffic rush.

A really peaceful place to stay in Guangzhou as crowds are sometimes chaotic.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alberto D
An Accor traveler
Shenzhen, China

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I've just finished a few nights' stay at the Sofitel Sunrich with my S.O. and my parents and we all loved it. The property is gorgeous, and the rooms are very well-appointed and, refreshingly, quite a bit more modernly designed than the other Sofitels I've patronized (specifically, in London and Xi'an). All the amenities in the room were top notch, right down to the complimentary French press coffee.

The hotel itself is brand new as others have reported; in fact we eyed it during the construction on a trip to Guangzhou about a year ago. We didn't notice any of the "new hotel glitches" that others have reported, so perhaps enough time has passed that everything is now running at full speed. The breakfast buffet was excellent (and there were no lines or stations running out of food), and the dinner buffet also looked fantastic, but we didn't try it. Instead we ordered dinner off the menu the one evening we dined in the hotel, and slightly regretted it. The food wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't much better than average and the menu isn't particularly expansive.

On previous trips I've stayed at the Westin and for personal reasons I prefer that location (friends and family live within walking distance), but the Westin property is not quite on the same level as the Sofitel in my opinion. If you do plan on staying at the Sofitel, double-check the room price a few times on the Accor website as the rates seem to fluctuate a bit. The 14-day advanced purchase rates are a great deal if your plans are firm and you can commit to pre-paying.

I noticed a few reviewers were unhappy about the location, citing very little within walking distance and difficulty finding taxis. While it's true there isn't much in the way of shops or restaurants immediately surrounding the hotel, 10 minutes walking to the north- or south-west will get you to more lively areas. And the neighborhood is completely safe for walking, even the small backstreets. Regarding taxis, I did see a long queue after returning one Saturday evening around 6:30 (on the first day of the Canton Fair, which was probably a contributing factor to the queue), but when I went downstairs myself around an hour later the queue was gone and I had no trouble getting a taxi (nor did we have any trouble on a couple prior occasions). I suspect the reported taxi problems may have been immediately after the hotel opened, before drivers were aware of the demand.

All in all this is a great hotel and I will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012