“Excellent 5 star experience”

Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel
Ranked #8 of 3,480 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Very grand Lobby, very huge waiting area. Amenities top-notch. Good location and food/shopping streets aplenty. Opposite the hotel is a shopping streets with shopping ctrs and all. Located in houjie, guandong

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vanngoh
SheratonGuangzhou, GUEST EXPERIENCE TEAM at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and we appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments. It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I've had mixed experiences with Starwood properties in China. Few if any have lived up to my expectations. Sheraton Guangzhou, I'm happy to report, met and exceeded them.

An oasis of calm and good service, staying at the Sheraton Guangzhou was a welcome respite from a week of tough travel throughout Guangdong and Guizhou. Staff were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. All requests were taken care of without a hitch. The room was just right.

I look forward to visiting the Sheraton Guangzhou again. Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mjcSING

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Sheraton is really in the heart of everything in the centre of Guangzhou. Rooms and bathrooms are very spacious with everything you need for a comfortable stay including the most comfortable bed during my trip to China. Breakfast buffet is excellent and has a huge choice for everyone. I also used the large outdoor pool which was pleasant first thing in the morning and had it to myself. The hotel is connected to the shopping centre next door via a door in the lobby and has loads of shops and restaurants. I have given this a very good instead of excellent because of the front desk staff who I found were slow to respond to my needs and just charged me GBP instead of CNY without giving me the choice and couldn't understand when I complained! They were also very slow in the business centre when I needed some urgent photocopying done, they don't understand what to hurry means! That said the housekeeping staff were brilliant in pressing my suit late in the evening - once they understood what I wanted.

2  Thank TheBish

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We appreciate your valuable comments. We apologize for the service of Front Desk and Business Center, and we will keep improving. We would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, and we are certainly looking forward to welcome you back to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here and both times I've really enjoyed the hotel and the location. The breakfast is really good and being close to the mall is a real bonus. Getting a taxi can be a problem but I think this is an issue for the whole of Guangzhou, as I've experienced the same problem at other hotels I've stayed at. The only negative and it's only a small thing but check in and out seemed to be slow and they automatically charged me sgd on my credit card which I had to get them to change as it's against company policy.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We appreciate your valuable comments and we are happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. We apologize for the service of Front Desk, and we will keep improving. We would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, and we are certainly looking forward to welcome you back to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Very nice, very clean hotel. Stayed in club room floor and had a nice, large room. Breakfast buffet was very good--plenty of choices. Fitness room was all new Life Fitness equipment and didn't have to wait for anything. Centrally located and connected to the Tee Mall.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SheratonGuangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel while you’re travelling to Guangzhou! We are very happy that you have a wonderful stay and thank you to share your experience with us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hotel is actually located right in a shopping mall so you can buy until you empty your pocket book.
I myself do not like eating in the hotel except breakfast so the large numbers of large and small, pricey and cheap eateries surely satisfy me.
Room is bright and modern, staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is sumptuous but the drawback is free wi-fi is available in the lobby. Also you need to get a password that lasts for a few hours, after that you have to get a new password slip, very meaningless.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the higher floors so you can see far away if the weather is good and the vision is spec...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonGuangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your comments and we are very happy to have you with us and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Guangzhou.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had 7 rooms for 4 nights while attending the Canto Trade Fair. The hotel was booked but that never seemed to affect service.

Rooms were all very nice, fully appointed, etc.

The buffet was terrific. Probably the best I've had in 30 years of business travel in China. We had breakfast and dinner there almost every day. And never got tired of it.

We will return to thus hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonGuangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your comments regarding the food, facilities as well as our service. We are very happy to have you with us and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel!