We booked this hotel for the last phase of Canton Fair (May1-5). The entrance, Lobby, Spa, etc had a 'WOW' factor.
As we entered the rooms, we were in awe again, But this time - not in appreciation -- but in surprise.
The rooms were 'designed & styled in a very novel way'.
- No Doors anywhere. (not even for closets)
- No Seperation for Toilet / Wash Area.
- Single long Counter table - at the end of which was a 'Wash Basin'
- No Seperate place for 'Tea/cofee making.
Overall, the architect designed the rooms to be UNIQUE but they were not practical at all.
The entire room use to look cluttered as we could not conceal anything anywhere. Not Even Toothbrush / Shaving items.
The closet had no doors / drawers - so I had to keep all my belongings like Phone/ Watch / Wallet etc - out on table (in open) & even my clothes were hanging openly in the designated area.
We had luggage & we just could not place them effectively in the room.
When things don’t look tidy around you, it is an un-comforting feeling.. Hence, I even avoided guests in my room.
The glass partition between shower & Toilet area was ineffective & the water from shower cubicle use to run down & wet the complete Toilet cubicle.
A big problem was the AC Duct above the shower. Just imagine a Hot Shower with cold air breeze. If we switch off the AC, then the room temp was getting effected.
The House-keeping personnel use to just ‘make the beds’ ready & did not bother to clean up other areas, as the luggage / Misc Items was spread across.
The Spa inside the Hotel is OK.. I took their 'Signature Package' & that was just fine. Nothing Exceptional.
The Breakfast had a very good spread.
Hotel Staff at reception speak English – but their Ala-Carte restaurant did not have English Speaking personnel.
The Hotel had arranged Shuttle Service to Canton Fair & it was good. They gave water bottles on arrival / departure & also served free cookies + sparkling Wine on arrival in evening.
The bottom line - A Good Hotel with decent service but absolutely impractical rooms. (specially for couple / twin occupants)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou, managed by Louvre Hotels & Golden Tulip, the world's 8th biggest hotel player, is ideally situated right at the foot of the city’s best natural attraction - Baiyun Mountain and adjacent to Lu Hu Lake. It is a tranquillity for both business and leisure travellers. Minutes away from Guangzhou East Railway Station, it can be easily access to Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing etc. For all business guests, Pazhou Exhibiton Center and Baiyun Int’l Airport are easily reachable within 20 minutes from the hotel. Royal Tulip Carat, a low-rise building, has a huge and tall lobby with 178 trendy stylish guest rooms, equipped with WIFI internet access to cater for both business and leisure needs. 600-square-meter pillar-free Grand Ballroom plus 5 additional function rooms, offering you a wide range for events from corporate meetings, education seminars or your lifetime wedding. A team of professional and innovative specialists are at your service to help you planning any of your events. Enjoy an exquisite dining experience at our Home Kitchen or the traditional Dragon Phoenix Restaurant. Unwind after a long day with your favourite cocktail at Mirage Bar. After a hectic business day, we highly recommend you to pamper yourself at our Yu Spa where you can enjoy various relaxing massages and revitalizing treatments. You will be delighted with our exceptional range of facilities and services available. Whether you plan a week-end getaway, your next corporate event or a romantic dinner, Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou which is surrounded by lush vegetation, will allow you to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life without really leaving the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.