“Keep Perspective, It's in China.”

Oggi Pizzeria (TianLun HuaYuan)
Ranked #718 of 7,186 Restaurants in Guangzhou
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Guangzhou, China
“Keep Perspective, It's in China.”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I feel like the other reviews get this one pretty accurate. We moved to GZ one year ago, and after spending a few weeks trying all the local food we could, we really needed a break and some decent western food. Oggi delivers great pizza (and used to Bruschetta until they changed it recently) factoring that we're in China...whereas it would just be average (and maybe below average considering the price) in Italy. However, cannot deny all the mitigating circumstances...so if you want a pizza in GZ, you should definitely go to Oggi. Since most expats don't really hurt for $$ in China, I don't think the priceis so high that it is a stopping point.

We also frequently get fresh juice and/or wine, and the desserts are also ok. Pastas are hit/miss, and my wife enjoys the salads. We eat here on average 1-2x per week for the past 1 year, and I don't see that changing in the next 1 year.

• Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Guangzhou, China
“a Missing man there”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Not as good as before where there was an italian friendly guy called Alexandro..food is a bit expensive service is ok and food portion very small

Visited June 2012
1 Thank James Y
Los Angeles, California
“Good but not great”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

It is a good restaurant and serves a decent pizza. As long as you come in expecting a China standard, you will be happy. If you expect an Italian standard, you will be disappointed. The place all in all is ok though.

Visited May 2012
guangzhou
“ok in Taojin overpriced at Tianhe”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I first went to the Oggi in Taojin, and I felt like a saving line in my first month in GZ. The food was good especially the pizzas, I would say in Italy this would be a average pizza. So in China you can imagine my happiness when I found it! So far so good.
But then I went to the one in Tianhe. I think this supposed to be the original one. Now the prices are def as it would be in italy, for ex in Venice San Marco...but the food!!! and the service! We ordered one thing we received an other, the food was over or undercooked and we had a group of 7 people and no one was happy with the food. And the price was almost the double than in the one at Taojin. So the food is as like in a chain but the pricing is individual. Stange. Its like someone charge you double for your BigMac because it happened to be the first Macdonalds in town.
My suggestion is not to go toTianhe but if you want a quick bite of italian style food go for Taojin

Visited May 2012
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
“Great for both restaurant dining and takeaway”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I've lived in GZ for over 1 yr and I've made it my mission to bookmark good reliable food outlets and Oggi tops my list of good reliable Western restaurants.

For anyone seeking Western food and or great traditional oven baked pizza, Oggi Pizzeria GZ is excellent, the staff are very polite and speak very good English for those struggling to speak Mandarin.

Its not just the pizza that hits the mark, the Anti-pasti with a good selection of cold cuts and cheeses also fills the gap.

Visited January 2012